RRRR Alternative Holidays Winners announced

TotteTotte Posts: 13,473

Welcome welcome to the winners for the RRRR Alternative Holidays contest.

First an announcement , or two.

- All your Lucky Bastards have now been reset to zero!
I can hear Luci scream of joy!

- The RRRR will from now on camp in the ArtStudio instead of the Commons, orders from the very top, I think even above the security clearance level held by Richard "the mean green feline" Haseltine, but he might comment on that, or not.

Now, Winners to present

The Best category after voting
Rank Image tag Points
1 luci45 #7 37
2 luci45 #12 15
3 Digital Lite Design #1 12
4 Karibou #1 9
5 Totte #1 8
6 Gopherus #1 8
7 Totte #7 8
8 Totte #2 8
9 barbult #1 8
10 Karibou #2 6

The Funniest category after voting
Rank Image tag Points
1 barbult #1 16
2 Totte #5 14
3 Totte #8 12
4 Totte #6 9
5 Karibou #2 8
6 Totte #2 8
7 Totte #1 8
8 luci45 #6 7
9 Gopherus #1 7
10 Gopherus #10 6

Now, as you see, Luci45 holds the untouchable first position in the best category with the epic Escher Day render, while the Funniest category is very open to climbing and LB gaining.

Best category after climbing
Rank Image tag Points LBs earned
1 luci45 #7 37 1 LB
2 luci45 #12 18 1 LB
3 Totte #1 16 3LB (2 climb)
4 Karibou #1 15  

Funniest category after climbing
Rank Image tag Points LBs earned
1 Totte #5 25 2LB (1 climb)
2 Totte #8 18 2LB (1 climb)
3 barbult #1 16 1 LB
4 Gopherus #1 13 (No LBs as it didnt climb to top 3)

So, what are we voting about?
What are the prizes?

Winner in the best category:
Digital Lite Design - 1 copy of her product Whiskey and smoke tutorials and props
- One item from IndigoJanson store.
- One item from Dumor3D's store
- $5 DAZ Store GC

Winner in the funniest category:
Digital Lite Design - 1 copy of her product Whiskey and smoke tutorials and props

- $5 DAZ Store GC
​- Suggest the theme for next contest

Second place in the best category:
- One item from Dumor3D's store
- $5 DAZ Store GC

Second place in the funniest category:
- One item from Totte's store
- $5 DAZ Store GC

Third place in either category:
- $10 DAZ Store GC

Fourth place in either category:
- $5 DAZ Store GC

As I happened to win not one, but two items from my own store, any winner of something else that want to trade prizes (Luci45, who won two items from Dumors store maybe). 

And as as new rule, winners (and in this case Luci45), will have an option to come up with next runs theme, like Gopherus came up with this brilliant theme.
So, winners will be informed and all sponsors too, so it might as usual take a few days before all prizes has reached thier destinations.
And, now, the most important thing, the current Lucky Bastards standing!

Current Lucky Bastards Standings
Player LBs
Totte 7
Luci45 2
barbult 1

Congrats to all winners and all who participating in playing and voting!!

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Woo Hoo! Totte has 7 LBs. Luci45 must be laughing!

Congratulations to all winners.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473

I can hear her laughing !

• Wohoo! I knew that one day I will lose my LB! And congratulations to all the winners. 

Totte, will there be some info as to whom I'll be sending my gift card prize? New to sponsoring, so not sure how it goes... 

Wohoo! I knew that one day I will lose my LB! And congratulations to all the winners. 

Totte, will there be some info as to whom I'll be sending my gift card prize? New to sponsoring, so not sure how it goes... 

I will do the calculations and then tell you, probably tomorrow (European time)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Congrads to the winners!!!

So lucky there Totte!!!!

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    Congrats and thank you!! And I lost the LBs!! Hallelujah!
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091

Congratulations to all the winners, thanks to Totte for running it all and the sponsors for their support too.
    I had to admit I had a wry smile at Totte's LB count!

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

Congratulations to all the winners!  and to all the particiapants!!

@Totte  What a challenging way to start out the new year! 

And thanks for the LB reset!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648
    barbult said:

Woo Hoo! Totte has 7 LBs. Luci45 must be laughing!

Congratulations to all winners.

Totte said:

I can hear her laughing !

Yes, I am laughing, a lot! I can't believe you got seven on one contest! laughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaughlaugh​. And I only have two!!!!!!!!!!!!!  cheekylaugh

Thanks for wins and prizes and congrats to all the winners. I had no idea the Esher one would be so popular. And thank you to Totte and sponsors for another great contest. 

As for picking a theme next time - I am open to suggestions and will chose one. So post ideas here. Or I might dream of something during the night. 

Totte, I will trade both of Dumor prizes for yours. 

@Luci45 and all who will come with contest ideas for the next run. The next run will be a five year celebration since the first feeble steps of RRR, which was the first incarnation of RRRR. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited February 2017

Then perhaps the theme should be about Rs, or adding an extra R to things. Take a word and add an R, render must illustrate both - so gape/grape could be a person eating grapes greedily, ailing/railing could be an imperilled sleepwalker.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Then perhaps the theme should be about Rs, or adding an extra R to things. Take a word and add an R, render must illustrate both - so gape/grape could be a person eating grapes greedily, ailing/railing could be an imperilled sleepwalker.

We had what does RRRR stand for just recently, but this is somewhat different ;-)

If this is a 5 year celebration...how about drawing 5 random elements

Maybe a contest using a choice of the previous themes from the last 5 years... just indicate in the title or caption of each render which theme was being used.

One theme of stories is the journey or the quest... so maybe the Quest for RRRR  or Journey to RRRR 

Could include Crossing into the Light  or Going Over to the Dark Side

edited February 2017

In order to attract more participation I am making a banner advertising the next contest to put in a signiture space. Anyone who wants can use it. In order to keep it simple for newbies (and myself) I am choosing simply "Alternative Realities." Here is the banner I've been working on. When we know the dates I will edit it. 

banner x.jpg
    771 x 100 - 69K
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    luci45 said:

In order to attract more participation I am making a banner advertising the next contest to put in a signiture space. Anyone who wants can use it. In order to keep it simple for newbies (and myself) I am choosing simply "Alternative Realities." Here is the banner I've been working on. When we know the dates I will edit it. 

Is that like "Alternative Facts"? laugh

Alright!  Alternate realities... parallel worlds... 

barbult said:
    luci45 said:

Is that like "Alternative Facts"? laugh

Yeah, kind of inspired by that and fake news. Probably shouldn't say that here. 

Gopherus said:

Alright!  Alternate realities... parallel worlds... 

Kind of what we do anyway. laugh. I liked your ideas; hope we can do the "Crossing into the Light  or Going Over to the Dark Side" one another month. 

crossing into the light or dark might be limiting....needing something a tad more general 

while alternate realities would be wide open to interpretation and spin offs

should be a good one!

Looks great Luci!

Thanks, Totte and Gopherus. laugh

I think I'm beginning to have theme and rules ready, will post an overview for comments soon here ;-)

edited February 2017

Coming soon...

banner final.jpg
    1200 x 150 - 125K
    Post edited by luci45 on