True Love poses for Genesis Young Teens - Python issues in Poser?

PtropePtrope Posts: 679
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I installed the GenTeens for Poser Pro 2012 (64 bit) and tried to apply one of the True Love poses that came with the Pro bundle, and all I get is a null error regarding a PEPython script (twice) - no change to the figure's pose.

Comments

• KrewKrew Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

The same thing happens for me too. Also I get the same error on all of the Faces Of Teens expressions.

• BlackgateBlackgate Posts: 2
    edited January 2013

+1 The same thing happens to me :-(

Huhhm, I figured out what goes wrong. The pz2 files are wrong IMHO. Find the folder "Young Teens 5\Runtime\Libraries\Pose\Genesis\True Love" (depending where you installed it the root might look different). Open up f.e. the "L_01a_Julie.pz2" file in notepad. The text says: "runPythonScript "BR_01a_Julie.py" yes but there is no such file. You can find a file TL_01a_Julie.py file. Change the wrong name in notepad to the correct name. Start Poser and try this pose and it will work.

DAZ-Team I hope i get a voucher for finding the bug in your products :-P *gg*

Thnx
    Andreas

Post edited by Blackgate on
  • PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Blackgate! I'll give it a shot!

• KrewKrew Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Thanks Blackgate, that fixed the poses and expressions for me :-)

edited December 1969

Yup, that did it! Thanks! DAZ, take note ...

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you Blackgate!
    I added your information to the bug report
    https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=48732

• efron_24efron_24 Posts: 473
    edited December 1969

Blackgate said:
    +1 The same thing happens to me :-(

Huhhm, I figured out what goes wrong. The pz2 files are wrong IMHO. Find the folder "Young Teens 5\Runtime\Libraries\Pose\Genesis\True Love" (depending where you installed it the root might look different). Open up f.e. the "L_01a_Julie.pz2" file in notepad. The text says: "runPythonScript "BR_01a_Julie.py" yes but there is no such file. You can find a file TL_01a_Julie.py file. Change the wrong name in notepad to the correct name. Start Poser and try this pose and it will work.

DAZ-Team I hope i get a voucher for finding the bug in your products :-P *gg*

Thnx
    Andreas

HELP.. no idea how this works or what to do... acacadabra to me

if i try to open the pz2 file it wants to go to poser.. how to open it in notepad
    I am not a programmer.. i use the computer for poser and mail all other things are not for me..
    so i hope a bit more help is possible or the product can be fixed

edited December 1969

Just locate the file, right-click it, and choose "Open with ..."; from the list of applications, choose "Notepad" or "Wordpad" (Wordpad is faster with larger files). When you're done editing, re-save the file. If it prompts you for a filename, be sure to put quotes around the entire filename, or Windows may append a different extension after ".pz2," depending on what format the file is being saved as.

• BlackgateBlackgate Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Thanks Ptrope :-) Saved 5 of my value minutes :-)