HELP V4 morph injections won't work!

DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I NEED the V4 ethnic morphs but realize that when I try to inject them nothing is loading. I am not finding the ethnic morphs under V4 or V4 head or any of the morphs....
I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the ethnic V4 morphs.

I am using Daz 4.5

Please help, i'm trying to finish a commission :(

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Check to make sure you don't have more than one content folder with a "runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4" folder.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

There is only one directory I use and that is where I installed it. I checked, all the ethnic morphs are in the correct folder according to the readme/txt file.

So stumped :(

edited December 1969

Have you tried rerunning the initialization ("runtime:libraries:!DAZ:DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat")?

Do other morphs work? Are you using the Powerloader?

edited December 1969

other morphs work, not the ethnic ones. I ran the initialization when I installed it again. I did not install the powerloader. is it necessary to get the morphs working? :(

edited December 1969

No, the powerloader isn't necessary -- if you don't install any of the powerloaders, it should still work.

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

Are you using the power loader to inject them (in DS? not sure if it's needed in Poser) - also are you using the full V4 not the fast-load basic one? I think the fast load one doesn't have channels to inject to.

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

The power loader shows you all the available morphs and lets you tick them off to inject them when you load V4 - that makes it less mysterious, anyway. The injection thingy needs the figure to have available channels so if you're not loading the latest release of V4.2 you might not have all the channels you need - like if you load Vicky 4.1 she came out before the ethnic bundle so might not be able to load 'em. I'd try resetting your Vicky download and reinstalling her.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I had a problem with M4, for a while, where if I tried one of the 'inject all' shortcuts, the morphs wouldn't work, but if I injected each one individually they would. It turned out to be a duplicate folder somewhere...and basically, I was convinced there weren't any duplicates...until I manually went folder by folder.

edited December 1969

I was using the newest and updated full version of V4, and trying to inject the morphs.

What worked is if i installed the powerloader. Now if I load powerloader v4, it loads the morphs, but it's still an issue, because i had a character saved that needed the ethnic morphs injected.... I can't add that character to V4, I have to add the injections to it.

So frustrated. :( Guess I'll redo it... i don't get the point of injection files if they don't work!

edited December 1969

Ah, injections won't work on a character you saved before installing them, as the channels don't exist, but I seem to recall you CAN use powerloader to add the channels to a saved figure.

edited December 1969

powerloader loads an entire new V4 so i don't know how to use it to add to a V4 character.
    how annoying. I had to redo it all tediously from scratch.
    and it wasnt a saved character file, it was a saved scene.

edited December 1969

You could select the figure in the saved scene and save a character preset, then apply that to a fresh figure.

edited December 1969

that works, just a mess to do. You'd think there'd be simpler ways to do this. :(

edited December 1969

that works, just a mess to do. You'd think there'd be simpler ways to do this. :(

It's easy with Genesis, but unfortunately with V4 it's more complex.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

It's easy with Genesis, but unfortunately with V4 it's more complex.

Yeah, using the CR2 method you can't add new channels to so a character cr2 you saved. So you have to use the initial script (which is the ExP technology) to have a new CR2 built with the new morphs... so any old saved CR2 won't have those settings you made and you'll have to add those back in.

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 519
    edited December 1969

I have all the morph loaded and have save the figure for later use in a different folder or a different name, that way I just open the figure. No re-adding morphs injections.

• LagrangeLagrange Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

I have the same problem. I wanted to convert some V4 characters onto Genesis with GenX, twice I had a success, BUT the other characters don't want to load on V4. Everything is the same as topicstarter told. I have no duplicates of V4 installation. Very strange that two characters apply correctly and other don't. I don't understand when something doesn't work for a half, it has to or work absolutely or absolutely break.

Also, where can I find this Power Loader? There's no such thing in the Daz Store or anywhere in the internets.

edited December 1969

I have the same problem. I wanted to convert some V4 characters onto Genesis with GenX, twice I had a success, BUT the other characters don't want to load on V4. Everything is the same as topicstarter told. I have no duplicates of V4 installation. Very strange that two characters apply correctly and other don't. I don't understand when something doesn't work for a half, it has to or work absolutely or absolutely break.

Also, where can I find this Power Loader? There's no such thing in the Daz Store or anywhere in the internets.

Powerloader is a separate download that comes with the V4 base and morph packs.

edited December 1969

Still I can not find it.

edited December 1969

Here are the files for Victoria 4.2 Base in DIM:

powerloader_listing.png
    267 x 131 - 4K
    edited December 1969

First time see that... I have an exe installer of V4 and its upgrade to 4.2, that,s all.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

First time see that... I have an exe installer of V4 and its upgrade to 4.2, that,s all.

DAZ did away with most of the exe's (there might still be a few out there) some time ago. You probably should download a fresh version and update.

• Some of this sounds like a problem I've been having for several years.i even tried reinstalling poser and the V4 product still have the same problem.if i tried to inject any morfs in too v4 nothing works!!! only reason I've been getting away with using V4 the last few years is i had 1 saved with most of the stuff injected into it like creature Creator and she freek. but if i use the base and try to inject anything into it nothing works I tried reinstalling v4 and quite a few other things but nothing seems to work.i am using poser seven and yes there are those of us that still use poser seven for several reasons I was using eight at one point never liked it and went back to using seven I've got quite a few models that I use that don't work in poser nine up that are really old. I'm wondering if anybody knows what's causing this issue with v4? couple of people I know are all having the same problem most of us just got lucky that we had a v4 saved that had most of the stuff loaded into it or we would be able to load and use anything.

• I also tried downloading and installing freshthat didn't work either.

• Did you try the \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\CreateExPFiles-v4.bat file? Where is Victoria 4 installed?

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342

I've also noticed that even if you have the runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4 folder in the same runtime as V4 (or M4...) and it's been working, if you MOVE the runtime folder you have to reinitialize.

• peter10nspeter10ns Posts: 5
    edited March 2017

ok what is the CreateExPFiles-v4.bat file?????

the v4 is in its folder in characters are you telling me it makes a difference what part of the characters folder the v4 file is in?

i have a few times tried reinstalling v4 but that never seems to make a difference

Did you try the \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\CreateExPFiles-v4.bat file? Where is Victoria 4 installed?

edited to fix quote

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited March 2017

Installing is only part of the set-up - you also need to run the batch file to compile a list of the isntalled morphs that is read in when the figure is loaded - that needs to be done every time a morph expansion for the figure is installed. In some cases, if the content is in a protected location (such as the application folder under Windows) the batch file will be blocked from working and so the morphs still won't load.

• peter10nspeter10ns Posts: 5
    edited March 2017

if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly after you install v4 you go in and click on that little CreateExPFiles-v4.bat Thing? If that's what you're saying all that accomplished was creating a whole another series of problems. Long story short once you activate whatever that thing is morphs load in V4 like she freak but after you save a file and go to load it to use the file again poser craps out and crashes.

Installing is only part of the set-up - you also need to run the batch file to compile a list of the isntalled morphs that is read in when the figure is loaded - that needs to be done every time a morph expansion for the figure is installed. In some cases, if the content is in a protected location (such as the application folder under Windows) the batch file will be blocked from working and so the morphs still won't load.

Edited to fix quotes

• peter10ns said:

if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly after you install v4 you go in and click on that little CreateExPFiles-v4.bat Thing? If that's what you're saying all that accomplished was creating a whole another series of problems. Long story short once you activate whatever that thing is morphs load in V4 like she freak but after you save a file and go to load it to use the file again poser craps out and crashes.

Edited to fix quotes

In Poser go to Edit>General Preferences>Miscellaneous and uncheck user External Binary Morph Targets. Does that fix the crashing with newly saved files? It won't fix the ones that were already crashing.