V4 in poser

media_1b4d42c6dfmedia_1b4d42c6df Posts: 7
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

the morph injections for nose (to unflatten) and ears (back/orward, in/out) do not work. I wanted to just export the morphed V4 from Daz to Poser but can´t find away, seeing as the Poser Formate Exporter, doesn´t show up in my computer.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,203
    edited December 1969

Poser Format Export is an add on script for exporting pose files, it doesn't export full figures (File>Export>select CR2 as type will export a figure).

Non-functional morphs usually indicate that there are duplicate \Runtime\libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 folders n the system.

• media_1b4d42c6dfmedia_1b4d42c6df Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

You´re right, there is a folder in poser and daz, which one do I delete cause I don´t want to reinstall. I thought I had to install to each in order to use V4´s morphs in poser.

thanks

edited December 1969

Are you using WIndows or a Mac? On WIndows you can just merge the two folders, as long as the merged folder is in a location available to bot Poser and DS (that is, the folder that holds Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 is seelcted as a Poser Content Directory in DS and as an external library in Poser) - with Vista nd later the foler should not be in Program Files..

edited December 1969

I´m using windows 7, and not sure how I would merge the two, you mean have both in one file? maybe in my documants cuase that is where the Daz file is:

thanks

edited December 1969

Just drag the \Victoria 4 folder into the \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ folder in My Docuemnts, and when Windows asks if you want to merge them say yes. There will probably be some duplicate files - click the apply to all matches option at the bottom of the dialogue and then click the move and replace button.

edited December 1969

So, I dragged the poser copy of Victoria 4 into daz, my library, I don´t have a my documents, but did not get the option, to merge.

thanks

edited December 1969

I have just deleted the folder I put in my library. So now I have just one in document/daz3D/studio3/content/runtime/libraries/iDaz/victoria 4

yet still can´t change the nose and ears.

thanks

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If they didn't merge it sounds like it's not in the right place. The path must be ...My Library\Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4

edited December 1969

siditty said:
    I have just deleted the folder I put in my library. So now I have just one in document/daz3D/studio3/content/runtime/libraries/iDaz/victoria 4

yet still can´t change the nose and ears.

thanks

Moved this to this thread instead of the PFE thread.

Do you have sliders for the morphs, which aren't working, or no sliders at all? Are all of the other morphs present?

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771
    edited December 1969

I would try rerunning the initialization script in the !DAZ folder...

edited December 1969

Do you have sliders for the morphs, which aren’t working, or no sliders at all? Are all of the other morphs present?

yes, i have the option of using the slider, but usually just add the max number allowed, still nothing. don´t know why it´s just nose morphs work and some don´t, the ears don´t morph at all.

thanks,

edited December 1969

Could you give some examples of nose morphs that work and those that don't, in the hope that there's a pattern.

edited December 1969

I don´t put all the morphs because it is just too many and a pain. but as for the nose, most work except the long, making the nose long. and the nose only started working bettter because I got rid of an extra iDaz. but the ears morphs don´t work at all. But compared to other problems with Poser those are minor. Poser has never worked correct for me. the help says it is because my system is in german, but that does effect no other program except Poser. The other problems are that when I click on the arm (for example) and pose it, it goes berserk and flies every where, so now I gotta waste time fixing. So as soon as I learn another program, poser is history.

thanks