Guess my car and win $5

fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
edited December 1969 in The Commons

The flooding from Hurricane Sandy trashed pretty much every car in our neighborhood, including mine, but we've finally replaced it. First person to guess the year, make and model gets a $5 GC.

Rules:

One guess per person. However, if nobody has guessed 6-12 hours from now, I'll declare Round 2 and give a hint, and people who guessed before the hint can try again.

Comments

• SafeunderdarkSafeunderdark Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

The flooding from Hurricane Sandy trashed pretty much every car in our neighborhood, including mine, but we've finally replaced it. First person to guess the year, make and model gets a $5 GC.

Rules:

One guess per person. However, if nobody has guessed 6-12 hours from now, I'll declare Round 2 and give a hint, and people who guessed before the hint can try again.

OK, first try:

It has 4 wheels,a steering wheel, windshield... hmm .

I'm from Holland, so that will be tricky for me, over here most car have 4 wheels.. etc.. -lol-

But I'll give it a try

Year: 2010
    Make: Chrysler
    Model: 300

I know a long shot, I'm not 'into' cars..

But for 5 bucks I'll do anything... well.. almost.. ^_^

Happy new year, and good luck with your new car!

Post edited by Safeunderdark on
  • 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited December 1969

Year: 2012
    Make
    : Scion
    Model
    : xB

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Year: 2009
    Make: Honda
    Model: Accord

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

If I can't think of anything else, I'll post the first thing I thought of...later.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Don't really know cars at all - so I'll go

VW
    Beetle

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited January 2013

Hmm... let me see what I think I know about you...

1- You are a biped... so the vehicle will have seats and conventional steering apparatus...

2- You seem to like the Rocky Horror Picture Show or KISS.. or dressing up in sexy lingerie... So, your first choice of colors will probably be black...

3- You live in NYC and since your car was trashed by Sandy, you must either live in lower Manhattan, Staten Island, southern Brooklyn or that tiny little rocky island between Roosevelt island and Randell's island... So if you live on Mill Rock, the car must aquatic or equipped with at least some form of rudimentary pontoons... if it is elsewhere in NYC then it can not be too big since I do not think you to be so foolish as to attempt to park a large SUV in the city...

4- You have twins... they are probably around 5-7 years old... the vehicle must be large enough for two human children of standard dimensions and weight to peacefully cohabitate the rear passenger compartment or have a trunk large enough for kids.. the vehicle must also be able to be hosed out on occasion.

5- You have artistic tendencies and work in some form of technologies management, yet you freely choose to be an administrator at DAZ... from this I must deduce, you are smart yet have a mild streak of madness... thus the car will either be eco-friendly or have post apocalyptic anti-zombie blades and protrusions... since those won't be available as standard equipment till 2018, I'm guessing it might be eco-friendly... or at least good on gas...

6- The image you have chosen as your avatar, clearly shows wood paneling on the wall in the background, that coupled with the interest in 70s rock operas and sexy lingerie, tells me the vehicle will probably have decent stereo capabilities and at least one set of rear clothing hooks for dry cleaning to hang from.

7- You seem to be considerate and helpful, so the vehicle will probably have a good crash rating, but since you live in NYC it might also have the ability to withstand ramming by NYC taxi cabs and stray circus elephants run amok.

8- Your name might actually be Mike, so the vehicle will probably be a coupe.

After having throughly evaluated all the statistical probabilities, I initially calculated the vehicle to be a Volcano Black 2013 Vespa LX 150 with an extra large side car with rear mounted flamethrower... then I realized I forgot to carry the 2 and I recalculated the equation to indicate a Shadow Black 2013 KIA Soul with Sand/Black houndstooth interior and Soul+ technology package...
    But the then I remember the slight streak of madness and the fact that you have twins, so no matter how decently paid you are, you MUST be piss poor and unable to afford any reasonably safe and reliable modern 4 wheel vehicle....

Thus I have arrived at the conclusion the the vehicle could only be a 1100 cc Brick red 1987 Yugo GV , hastily repainted Krylon Flat black, missing the passenger side door and left rear wheel (thoughtfully replaced by a wheelchair rim), with a slightly charred roof and a family of stray cats living in the rear hatchback compartment, which you acquired from a one eyed, overly tattooed fat man with a pair of poorly carved peg-legs in a back alley in SoHo for the total sum of $58.11, half a egg salad sandwich and the contents of your left pants pocket which included one sweater button and 6 fuzzy imitation jelly-belly expresso jelly beans (non-magical).

I believe this be correct, unless that is not you in your avatar image or that is not fake wood paneling in the background.

Incidentally... if anyone else needs any of my great detective skills, I am no longer working for Scotland yard, as we had a parting of ways after some slight misunderstandings... so I'm sorta free to look into whatever mysteries and unsolved case you might have...

Post edited by McGyver on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Year: 1982
    Make: De Lorean
    Model: DMC-12

(Thank you, Wikipedia)

edited December 1969

(Thank you, Wikipedia)

Is that with or without the Flux capacitor add-on?

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

Year: 1979
    Make: Ford
    Model: Pinto

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Excellent detective work, but a few of your postulates were off, which no doubt threw off your calculations:

4- You have twins... they are probably around 5-7 years old... the vehicle must be large enough for two human children of standard dimensions and weight to peacefully cohabitate the rear passenger compartment or have a trunk large enough for kids.. the vehicle must also be able to be hosed out on occasion.

There is no car currently available which is large enough for two human children to peacefully cohabitate.

6- The image you have chosen as your avatar, clearly shows wood paneling on the wall in the background, that coupled with the interest in 70s rock operas and sexy lingerie, tells me the vehicle will probably have decent stereo capabilities and at least one set of rear clothing hooks for dry cleaning to hang from.

The image is about 30 years old, so neither the upholstery nor the paneling currently exists, but the reasoning is otherwise sound.

But the then I remember the slight streak of madness and the fact that you have twins, so no matter how decently paid you are, you MUST be piss poor and unable to afford any reasonably safe and reliable modern 4 wheel vehicle....

Thus I have arrived at the conclusion the the vehicle could only be a 1100 cc Brick red 1987 Yugo GV , hastily repainted Krylon Flat black, missing the passenger side door and left rear wheel (thoughtfully replaced by a wheelchair rim), with a slightly charred roof and a family of stray cats living in the rear hatchback compartment, which you acquired from a one eyed, overly tattooed fat man with a pair of poorly carved peg-legs in a back alley in SoHo for the total sum of $58.11, half a egg salad sandwich and the contents of your left pants pocket which included one sweater button and 6 fuzzy imitation jelly-belly expresso jelly beans (non-magical).

I don't like coffee-flavored snacks.

• mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248
    edited December 1969

Year: 2013
    Make: 2 Bicycles tied together with duct tape :)

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

2010 Toyota Camry

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,273
    edited January 2013

Well...all things considered, would this most likely be the vehicle in question? They don't give three stats for it only two.

You can check it out here... http://www.watercar.com/html/watercar_python.html

Python
    Corvette Engine

Water_Car2.jpeg
    550 x 368 - 32K
    Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
  • MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

2001 Chevy Impala

edited December 1969

I don't like coffee-flavored snacks.

Hmmm, so, coffee isn't a snack...it's a meal. So, in that case, it needs to be black, nearly sentient (slaps you upside the head, yelling "WAKE UP!") and strong enough to stop a bullet (that's two stages beyond float a horseshoe)...

• kurisu2112kurisu2112 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Year 2000
    Make Ford
    Model Focus
    Style 4-Door Sedan

And I've no idea if that is a real car or not but what the hey ... Happy New Year

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

2012 Chevy Trail Blazer

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited January 2013

(Thank you, Wikipedia)

If he bought a De Lorean, since he lives in a hurricane zone, his car would not, so...if you are correct he will need to pay you five bucks and then buy another car to replace the one he lost AND the one he just bought! lol

Post edited by 3DProclivity on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Okay, time for round 2 and a hint: We actually lost 2 cars in the hurricane, a 2004 Honda Accord and a 1994 Toyota Camry, and used the insurance money for both on 1 car, which is neither an Accord nor a Camry.

If you guessed before this hint you can guess again.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    edited December 1969

Thus I have arrived at the conclusion the the vehicle could only be a 1100 cc Brick red 1987 Yugo GV , hastily repainted Krylon Flat black, missing the passenger side door and left rear wheel ...

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

• XandoryXandory Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

2013 Hyandai Sonata

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

2010 Toyota Prius

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

1973 Reliant Robin painted yellow of course, with "Mike's Computer Fixes" painted on the side.

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Either a Cow, or this:

1966.jpg
    847 x 388 - 102K
  • edited December 1969

If it's not the bat mobile, or a space ship piloted by your maid and butler, then I have to guess
    2011 BMW 3-Series in White. (Because white is a great color to drive anywhere in NYS. )

• SafeunderdarkSafeunderdark Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okay, time for round 2 and a hint: We actually lost 2 cars in the hurricane, a 2004 Honda Accord and a 1994 Toyota Camry, and used the insurance money for both on 1 car, which is neither an Accord nor a Camry.

If you guessed before this hint you can guess again.

So.... second guess:

Honda/Toyota, .... Japanese cars.....

Hmm...

2012 Dacia Logan..

• ServantServant Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

A 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

A 2010 Range Rover

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

A 2010 Ford Fusion (whatever the heck that is!).

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

I'm gonna go with - 2010 Mini Cooper - Blue.