Looking for a "Scully Cross" necklace

Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm looking for a small cross necklace on a chain, and wondering if one existed that anyone could point me to. The style I'm thinking of would be similar to the one worn by Gillian Anderson on the X-Files, or at least that is the most widely known example that I can think of at the moment. It's just a simple cross, not gothic or celtic, and not a crucifix. I've been through most of the freebie sections and have looked through some commercial products but I haven't found quite what I am looking for, most of the stuff I have found has been too big or not as simple or small as what I am looking for. If anyone knows of something like this, I'd really appreciate a heads up. Thanks! :-)

Comments

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

I'm looking for a small cross necklace on a chain, and wondering if one existed that anyone could point me to. The style I'm thinking of would be similar to the one worn by Gillian Anderson on the X-Files, or at least that is the most widely known example that I can think of at the moment. It's just a simple cross, not gothic or celtic, and not a crucifix. I've been through most of the freebie sections and have looked through some commercial products but I haven't found quite what I am looking for, most of the stuff I have found has been too big or not as simple or small as what I am looking for. If anyone knows of something like this, I'd really appreciate a heads up. Thanks! :-)

Hello,
    Here are some:
    http://poserworld.com/Downloads/Michael.1.2/9489/Model.Mike.aspx

http://poserworld.com/Downloads/CDROM/9095/Armlet.and.Access.Necklace.Poolside.Table.and.Bicycle.aspx

http://poserworld.com/Downloads/Victoria.4/11302/Adelisa.Dress.for.Victoria.4.aspx

But...You will need to become a member of Poserworld of at least one month, now in this promotion: one month for only $ 9.99
    http://store.poserworld.com/products/17-poser-world-1-month-download-membership.aspx

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

Thanks for links, but all of those are too big for what I am looking for. I appreciate i though. :-)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited January 2013

Got a chain (I know there's several free chains..), I haven't been able to make a decent one?

This is currently scaled to be 1.5" long. It's a raw obj, right now. Not materials, though it's uv mapped and has one material zone. I'm using some metal shaders, from the Ultimate Shader Pack (freebie on Rendo, still works well in 4.5).

The second image I borrowed a chain from another necklace (Fisty's Jeweled Finery, to be exact) and scaled the cross to about 1", because while 1.5" looked fine on a guy, it was too clunky for a woman...

cross2.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 199K
    cross.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 240K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Got a chain (I know there's several free chains..), I haven't been able to make a decent one?

This is currently scaled to be 1.5" long. It's a raw obj, right now. Not materials, though it's uv mapped and has one material zone. I'm using some metal shaders, from the Ultimate Shader Pack (freebie on Rendo, still works well in 4.5).

The second image I borrowed a chain from another necklace (Fisty's Jeweled Finery, to be exact) and scaled the cross to about 1", because while 1.5" looked fine on a guy, it was too clunky for a woman...

Not bad, I think I even have Jeweled Finery, so I could replicate this, and maybe shrink it down even more, heck I might even be able to model something to fit the chain, but my decidedly limited skills aren't up to doing a chain yet. I had even thought of mixing props, but I couldn't think of one until you mentioned Jeweled Finery, not like it was right under my nose or anything... :red: Thanks!

edited December 1969

aldemps said:

Not bad, not bad at all. Thanks! :-) It should do until, as mentioned above, I can model exactly what I want, but that could be a long wait, I just don't have the time these days to learn all I should know. Between this and the ones mentioned above, I should be good. Thanks everyone who replied!