What is the real life scale for Michael 4, Victoria 4, Genesis ?

Turk_WLFTurk_WLF Posts: 177
edited June 2012 in The Commons

I'm just wondering what is the real life scale for Michael 4, Victoria 4, Genesis (basic/no morphs)? For example Michael 3 is 6 feet 3 inches tall.

Thanks,

Post edited by Turk_WLF on

Comments

• HaslorHaslor Posts: 402
    edited December 1969

Turk_WLF said:
    I'm just wondering what is the real life scale for Michael 4, Victoria 4, Genesis (basic/no morphs)? For example Michael 3 is 6 feet 3 inches tall.

Thanks,

There really isn't a scale, but DAZ Studio measure's things in Centimeters and and you work in 1:1 scale.
    Where you have to watch it is if you are bringing things in from other programs, you have to know the Units they are using to have the importer bring it in at the right size.
    Fire_Angel Made a Very Nice Ruler It is a freebie over at CG Share, and that can help with your Trial and Errors.

Haslor

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

This has been gone over quite a few times in the past, Poser & DS have different scaling, so figures appear to be taller in Poser than they do in DS.

In DS Mike 3 is just under 6' 1", while Genesis is 5' 10.5".

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

I released a scaling doohickey over at Foundations 3d you may find useful.

http://www.foundation3d.com/index.php?categoryid=38&p13_sectionid=1&p13_currentpage=6&p13_pagesize=5&p13_searchby=author&p13_searchtext=Elowan

Also - checkout Melvin the Measurer whilst there.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Create a new primitive, Cube or Cylinder in your Inches or Centimeters (whichever you like best)

Set it's height dimension to 1 (for a cube, there's only one dimension, so it's simpler)

Go to the Y Scale Parameter, and change it's option from Percent to Value

Then just dial that scale UP till it matches the height of your figure.

The value is equal to the height in either inches or centimeters (whichever you selected)

If you are SCALING a Figure, which I do often, set the value of your primitive (this is why I use cylinders, because I can set the diameter and have it stay constant).

For instance: A Woman of 5'6" will be 66 inches tall, so set the Cylinder to 66 inches when you're creating it...

Capture-1.jpg
    238 x 231 - 11K
    Capture-2.jpg
    330 x 387 - 26K
    Capture-3.jpg
    268 x 342 - 16K
    Capture-4.jpg
    268 x 342 - 16K
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Everybody forgetting the existence of the SizeOf script? Again?

http://www.4shared.com/dir/722776/10801f63/DS_Scripts.html