Plugin version numbers for DS 4.6

Comments

• edited December 1969

Nereus541 said:
    Kerya said:
    Nereus541 said:

It was the 4.5 version that I brought down. I'm running DS 4.5.0.49 and it's given me a fair share of headaches.

DS 4.5.0.49? Reset your downloads ... 4.5.0.114 is the release version.

Thank you. The update to DS 4.5.0.114 resolved the issue, but raises another. How are we to keep up to date regarding version numbers on DAZ3D products? I would expect to find the version number in the Help>About, but such is not the case relative to Bryce 7. There's also no indication on the website as to the current product version numbers.

Do you mean the version number for Bryce 7? Just before you click on About Bryce, hold down the Ctrl key, then click on it. My Bryce version is 7.1.0.99 dated May 2011, and it has not been updated since to the best of my knowledge. Bryce and Hexagon are seldom updated, unlike DAZ Studio which is a pretty regular occurence.

That answers my question. My Bryce is up-to-date.

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

The DS4 Installers for INFINITO 1.1.0.1 have been updated so you can use them to update if you didn't download and replace the one file that needed to be updated for it to work with DS 4.5.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

How did you get the GenX plugin to work? I definitely downloaded and installed the correct ones. But it's still not working for me. :(

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

How did you get the GenX plugin to work? I definitely downloaded and installed the correct ones. But it's still not working for me. :(

You are running DS 4.5.0.114?

• coqueyocoqueyo Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Nereus541 said:
    Nereus541 said:
    Kerya said:
    Nereus541 said:

It was the 4.5 version that I brought down. I'm running DS 4.5.0.49 and it's given me a fair share of headaches.

DS 4.5.0.49? Reset your downloads ... 4.5.0.114 is the release version.

Thank you. The update to DS 4.5.0.114 resolved the issue, but raises another. How are we to keep up to date regarding version numbers on DAZ3D products? I would expect to find the version number in the Help>About, but such is not the case relative to Bryce 7. There's also no indication on the website as to the current product version numbers.

Do you mean the version number for Bryce 7? Just before you click on About Bryce, hold down the Ctrl key, then click on it. My Bryce version is 7.1.0.99 dated May 2011, and it has not been updated since to the best of my knowledge. Bryce and Hexagon are seldom updated, unlike DAZ Studio which is a pretty regular occurence.

That answers my question. My Bryce is up-to-date.

My Bryce version is 7.1.0.109 dated Aug 15 2011 20:55:16

• Corvus_XCorvus_X Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Well i'm uninstalling genX and will try to reinstall and see if it works.

NO response whatsoever about the faulty pwCatch shader. I sent in a support ticket too.
    Seeing as people can still buy them (not just about the free updates) that means Daz is selling faulty shaders... NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

Or at least... anyone else have it installed? AM I the only one with a problem with it? :(

Hi Belovedalia,
    just to answer your question:
    No you aren't alone with this problem.
    I noticed the problem 05 Sep, 2011 and it still exists for me. ( pwCatch1.2 and DS4.5.0.137 installed)
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=171919&start=0
    Also a DAZ issue Tracker Ticket (#0044426) was created by linvanchene in Nov 2011
    https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=44426

... I'm sure that a solution will be found (DAZ-)soon
    or should i say: a solution is around the corner... ;-P

I really miss pwcatch in DAZ 4

If you get a respond to your support ticket let me (us) now it please.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
    edited December 1969

I just tried installing pwSketch in 4.5 and it doesn't work. Was it not working mentioned somewhere and I just missed it?

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,237
    edited December 1969

What plugin is dzfiguremixer

edited December 1969

I just tried installing pwSketch in 4.5 and it doesn't work. Was it not working mentioned somewhere and I just missed it?

It doesn't work in DS4 either. :down:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17/#30

pwSketch will not be upated for contractual reasons. Please check the product page or, failing that, with the creator for the update status of other shaders.

• edited December 1969

need alerts :)

edited December 1969

NyaNyan posted this information on what needs to be done to make the Mirei Anime and Toon Style Shader for DAZ Studio 4 work with 4.5

For DS4.5
    please download shader files and replace them.

1. download http://www.geocities.jp/nyankko15/DAZStudio/mirei/mirei_shader_files_for_DS45.zip

2. extract zip file

3. replace shader files

DAZ Studio 4\shaders\Nyanyan\mirei\mirei_surface.sdl
    DAZ Studio 4\shaders\Nyanyan\mirei\mirei_displacement.sdl

These shader files are simply re-compiled with DAZ Studio4.5.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

Kerya and SnowSultan...pwSketch was not updated to Daz4 like the others were. Which reminds me I need to update the bug report because PwCatch doesn't work properly. :(

edited December 1969

I added info on the Manga Style Shaders & Visual Style Shaders to my post on the first page.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

Ggenesis characters not only messes with the scaling, but in the case of a toon pose, it transforms the figure into the toon character. That is a huge bug. I used to be able to use say, Sadie or Aiko poses with my V4 LeelaTeen with no issues.

edited December 1969

...as Cridget mentions using poses for different Genesis characters not only messes with the scaling, but in the case of a toon pose, it injects the toon character into the figure being posed. That is a huge bug. I used to be able to use say, Sadie or a G3 pose with my V4 LeelaTeen with no issue.

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

cridgit said:

Hi Kyoto

I assume your post is about PoseMaster? Could we move the discussion into this thread please: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/11229/

If you can post a screenshot of the problem I'll be able to help but right now I'm not sure what you mean by "transforms the figure into the toon character". Is this with version 1.4 or 1.5? Due to the way scaling is handled in DS4.5 I've had to make some changes, and in the new user guide & default settings I turn scaling "off". You'd only use scaling when you want to match the figure proportions, which isn't necessary when simply transferring a pose.

If you can pose some more details in the thread above we can follow up together.

Thanks

...my bad, it was a general observation about using different pose sets in 4.5Pro. Didn't realise the current discussion related to PoseMaster. That's what I get when I walk into the middle of a discussion like I did.

However the scaling/morphing issue I mentioned does persist unlike in older version of the app. Maybe this would be more appropriate to address in the Daz Studio app forum.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Ggenesis characters not only messes with the scaling, but in the case of a toon pose, it transforms the figure into the toon character. That is a huge bug. I used to be able to use say, Sadie or Aiko poses with my V4 LeelaTeen with no issues.

Which poses are you refering to, I know that the Jasmin poses that come with the bundle dial up the Jasmin morph but thats not a bug in Daz Studio, thats the creator not having saved the pose properly. Other toon poses such as Capsces ones for Hitomi and Hiro 5 dont change the character at all.

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

cridgit said:

Aah now I understand what Kyoto was talking about. I'll edit out my post above to not distract from the topic.

I used to use PoseRepair to strip the morph info out of the poses, but it prob doesn't work on the new format. Has anybody tried?

PoseRepair is a stand-alone PC Utility able to strip down the following pose file types:
    *.pz2 - figure pose
    *.hd2 - hand pose
    *.fc2 - face pose

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Which poses are you refering to, I know that the Jasmin poses that come with the bundle dial up the Jasmin morph but thats not a bug in Daz Studio, thats the creator not having saved the pose properly. Other toon poses such as Capsces ones for Hitomi and Hiro 5 dont change the character at all.
    ...yes, the Jasmin poses (and they are so nice too) along with Amy as well. Don't have Hitomi or Hiro5

So it is a PA issue then.

• Type 0 NegativeType 0 Negative Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

thanks for all this work Mike
    I'm trying to ready myself for an update

• LEI1LEI1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Has there been any word on a DS4.5 update for the UbersoftLightPack1? I know that the LightingKit has been updated since September but I use the LightPack1 addon rather than the base and now I can't use it at all. I just reset my DLs and it's still at 1.1, I don't understand why one would be updated and not the other?

-LEI

edited December 1969

...I'm still waiting for LDP to be updated.

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I'm still waiting for LDP to be updated.

So am I - but I don't think it will be anytime soon.....

edited January 2013

...what I fear is "if at all" as DL keeps releasing those instant Light & Go packs for various settings. LDP was DL's flagship but I get the bad feeling he may have decided to scuttle it. A real pity for it does an incredible job considering it just uses the standard Daz lights, I like the way it looks, and it is no where near such a pain to set up as UE and other IBL/AO light systems.

...and it is no where near the render hog either.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Yes, I agree with you, Kyoto Kid. Read some comments a few months ago that DL had no current plans to update LDP, as he was focusing on his training products, etc. Guess we'd all better get used to the other lighting systems!

Anyway, a Happy New Year to you and everyone on the forums!! :)

edited December 1969

...if he doesn't want to spend the time to update it maybe he should sell it to Daz since it only works with Studio. Not sure what that all involves but it is only a light set (that uses the standard Daz lights at that) not a character or something like a rendering engine plugin. The SDK is available, it would take what, a couple nights for someone of his skill.

I'm not into the photo real craze for to really pull it off (beyond what Daz Studio with LuxRender can do), requires one of the pro grade modelling/3D apps and/or expensive standalone render engines like Maxwell, the unlimited thread version of 3Delight Pro, or V-Ray as well as the hardware to support it (which includes networked rendering).

4.5 and PP2012 and their associated render engines may be a vast improvement over their predecessors, but they still have a long way to go to even come close to a C4D, Maya, or 3DS. I'm fine with that. I just want a lighting system that is simple to use, gives good results, and doesn't gorge itself on memory like a frat boy at the weekly all you can eat pizza night.

edited December 1969

Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see.......would be nice if DL would give a definite answer to this question, though I rather think he's not interested enough to even think about it.