My clothing wip thread

PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
edited October 2012 in Art Studio

I've been following Spryo's render thread found here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6801/

As I've been making progress on learning to make clothing I thought as Spyro mentioned that the clothing he was looking for was hard to find that I would have a go at trying to make the items in one of the pictures he posted. So this clothing is inspired by this image but will not necessarily be exactly the same.

See pic below

Post edited by Pendraia on

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

My progress so far...

skirt_right_side.png
    1000 x 1414 - 404K
    skirt_left_side.png
    1000 x 1414 - 468K
    skirt_front.png
    1000 x 1414 - 527K
    skirt_back.png
    1000 x 1414 - 547K
    edited October 2012

materials are now set up and I've been trying to fine tune it so it works with displacement fur

I've been able to improve it slightly through adding some more loops...

test_4.png
    1000 x 1414 - 1M
    test.png
    1000 x 1414 - 3M
    test_2.png
    1000 x 1414 - 682K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

This is looking terrific Pendraia! I love seeing things in progress :cheese: Also, If this will be built up in separate material zones, I can see this product being of many variants. :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    This is looking terrific Pendraia! I love seeing things in progress :cheese: Also, If this will be built up in separate material zones, I can see this product being of many variants. :)
    Material zones are important, I'm not sure how many I will be doing on the skirt though. I think I've worked out a fix for the skirt with a fur hem but I will probably need to create a morph for it as it involves creating a little overlay over the skirt trim.
    test_5.png
    1000 x 1414 - 1M
    fix_without_fur_shader_back.png
    1000 x 1414 - 887K
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Spyro said:
    Material zones are important, I'm not sure how many I will be doing on the skirt though. I think I've worked out a fix for the skirt with a fur hem but I will probably need to create a morph for it as it involves creating a little overlay over the skirt trim.

OH Wow! Yep! Consider that fixed! Perfect, and usable for a non fur hem as well. Good for variation between characters :) This just keeps getting better :cheese:

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    OH Wow! Yep! Consider that fixed! Perfect, and usable for a non fur hem as well. Good for variation between characters :) This just keeps getting better :cheese:

*sheepish grin...I have to confess to being a little bit anal. I wasn't hem with the morph so I went back a couple of saves and tried uv mapping it which seems to have fixed the original problem.

Render using shader suit fur and suede...

UV map is just a quick one basically cut down the side seams and did a quick flatten.

fixed.png
    1000 x 1414 - 2M
    fixed_far.png
    1000 x 1414 - 1M
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Brog peeks over Jades shoulder, really surprising as he was playing with flint tools just a second ago. Brog motions his mate over, she stares at the screen with a large grin on her face and a twinkle in her eyes.

I think you have more fans than you know Pen. This is looking so good. I just wish to thank for your time and work. The Tribe and I will be happily following along.

• michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Hi Pendraia,
    very beautiful work, I'll definitely have to keep coming back to see your progress. :gulp:

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Brog peeks over Jades shoulder, really surprising as he was playing with flint tools just a second ago. Brog motions his mate over, she stares at the screen with a large grin on her face and a twinkle in her eyes.

I think you have more fans than you know Pen. This is looking so good. I just wish to thank for your time and work. The Tribe and I will be happily following along.
    Hi Pendraia,
    very beautiful work, I'll definitely have to keep coming back to see your progress. :gulp:

*blushes* Thanks for the nice comments...there probably won't be any more pics until the weekend. Works pretty busy at the moment...and by the time I get home my brain is fried.; )
    edited December 1969

Take all the time you need. I'm still gathering items and waiting on a Plugin that I will need to master before I even think of getting any real work done on my Primitives. You keep RL in sight and just have fun when you can. I love watching this stuff I will admit, seeing how things are done always fascinates me.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

First, nice work, Pen! And does the furify-shader works in DS4.5Pro?? Looks at the fur and it looks good!! I'll definitly want to look using it as I'm familiar with it in DS3A.

And a second question. Might peel off into a new thread if you wish, but I was looking for a way to convert some M4 clothing to genesis. It worked decently, except in parts where polygons are missing after using weightmapping. Wonder if triaxe will help. You're the resident expert according to posters in the Stupidity-thread in the Commons. Posted some screen-shots a to show what I mean.

edited December 1969

@Norse - Here is a thread Pendraia started with gen3+4 to Genesis. Some good tips in there that might help http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8783/

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks!! I'll look into it and start working.

edited December 1969

First, nice work, Pen! And does the furify-shader works in DS4.5Pro?? Looks at the fur and it looks good!! I'll definitly want to look using it as I'm familiar with it in DS3A.

And a second question. Might peel off into a new thread if you wish, but I was looking for a way to convert some M4 clothing to genesis. It worked decently, except in parts where polygons are missing after using weightmapping. Wonder if triaxe will help. You're the resident expert according to posters in the Stupidity-thread in the Commons. Posted some screen-shots a to show what I mean.

lol...me an expert....that's a surprise! Lol

Can you give me more info on what you've done so far ? Perhaps in the thread Spryo pointed to so it's kept in the one place...

Thanks Spryo for providing the link...: )

edited December 1969

Just wanted to let anyone watching this thread I haven't forgotten that I'm doing this. Unfortunately Mum went into the hospital Friday night and I've been really busy with real life. I'm hoping to get some chance to do some more next weekend.

edited December 1969

I hope she gets well soon :) I look forward to seeing you again :cheese:

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    I hope she gets well soon :) I look forward to seeing you again :cheese:

Thanks Spyro! Mum came home from hospital on Friday. She seems much better but tires easily.

I did manage to play a little bit on the weekend and have started the top but don't have anything worth posting yet. I'm hoping this weekend I will get more time. I have to work Monday but Tuesday is Cup Day so I get an extra day off.

cheers

Pen

edited December 1969

I'm glad to hear she's came home. It can be a very stressful time when a loved one is in hospital. I've had that experience too many times.

edited December 1969

Finally had chance to pick this up again...spent most of today uv mapping the skirt.

Still some minor stretching around the hem and across the bottom on the back.

backtesthem.jpg
    600 x 843 - 204K
    fronttesthem.jpg
    600 x 843 - 197K
    backtestskirt.jpg
    600 x 843 - 168K
    front_testskirt.jpg
    600 x 843 - 154K
    edited December 2012

An image with a woven fabric texture applied. Seamless tile is from Baglet's natural dye collection.

Still needs to be rigged and set up as an item. I'm also planning to see if I can add fur using LAMH

front_woven_texture.jpg
    600 x 843 - 150K
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    An image with a woven fabric texture applied. Seamless tile is from Baglet's natural dye collection.

Still needs to be rigged and set up as an item. I'm also planning to see if I can add fur using LAMH

Sure you can :)

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

Sure you can :)
    Thanks...haven't played with it much yet. I really want to get a few things finished this holidays and I want to learn more about rigging. For example using ghost bones. I'm currently working through blondie's terrific tutorial and I've just bought fugazi's skirt handles one.

Never enough hours in the day.

edited December 1969

So I've had a bit of a play with LAMH and I can now get the density I want. Now to work out how to style it.

finally_enough_hair_now_to_style_it.jpg
    600 x 843 - 148K
    edited December 1969

Wow pendraia! Lookin really nice, looks great with the fur addition. I'm thinking you've done a great job with the UV's. Glad to see you returning to your WIPs :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Wow pendraia! Lookin really nice, looks great with the fur addition. I'm thinking you've done a great job with the UV's. Glad to see you returning to your WIPs :)

Thanks, it's nice to have time to play. Last term of the year is always the busiest.

The fur is still a wip as I'm trying to work out how to use LAMH.

edited December 1969

LOL!! Two folks I follow both doing Hair and Furs. I'll not say who else is busy at this...

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    So I've had a bit of a play with LAMH and I can now get the density I want. Now to work out how to style it.

Cool job Pendraia!

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

Cool job Pendraia!Thanks still not sure how to save presets but I've worked out how to select by surface areas. It would be alot quicker if I actually sat down and looked at tutorials but its been too hot today.

Spyro, how hot is it where you are? We had over 40 degrees, probably still is and it's 9.00pm

Jade, would their name start with an S by any chance? I was going to post in his thread how great his hairs look.

I did sign up with the beta for the other plugin but had a problem with my content disappearing after it caused a crash so I will wait until it is released to check it out.

Knowing me I will probably end up with both and no I'm not addicted to content. As my daughter would say ooh look at the shiny...I'm just a shopaholic from way back. lol

edited January 2013

Are you in Melbourne? I'm about 4 hours away, and it's pretty hot here still. - I'm on the border of VIC and NSW... I still got the air con going lol

I know several people using both Garibaldi and LAMH. They are both pretty darn good :) The latest beta of GH has proven quite stable. There are still a few minor bugs, but its so much more reliable than it was a few beta's ago. Things got much more stable from beta 10 onwards, my saved hair hasn't faulted and people are saving them as preset props now.

And I'll prob end up with both soon too LMAO

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Are you in Melbourne? I'm about 4 hours away, and it's pretty hot here still. - I'm on the border of VIC and NSW... I still got the air con going lol

I know several people using both Garibaldi and LAMH. They are both pretty darn good :) The latest beta of GH has proven quite stable. There are still a few minor bugs, but its so much more reliable than it was a few beta's ago. Things got much more stable from beta 10 onwards, my saved hair hasn't faulted and people are saving them as preset props now.

And I'll prob end up with both soon too LMAO

Yep, I'm in Melbourne...unfortunately no airconditioning. : (

Are you up near Yarrawonga and Beechworth...nice area if you are.

I'm sure it is much more stable now but I'll wait until it's released before I try it again...just a bit wary at the moment.

The cool change is supposed to hit Melbourne about midnight...