Please add grid rulers in next daz update.

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
edited June 2012 in The Commons

I bought age of armour camera set. WOW fantatsic product. Problem is some values are in meters (eg fog distance 400m) and there are no camera ruler guides. Just dial values. Is it possible daz can add a ruler on the ground grid that can be changed to meters, inches etc? Or maybe even include a vertical grid as well with the same features that can move on the z axis? I can use external ruler products but I think this feature will be useful to all users if it is intergrated into Daz.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

The ground grid is divided into 1m squares. Are you sure the camera values are in metres? Usually they use cm (so 400cm wold be 4m, a more likely value).

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited June 2012

Yes. The fog camera is measured in meters. Very hard to determine the fall off point. At least I know what the grid square measurements are now:) Makes it easier to measure small scenes. I have a measuring tool, so not all is lost, but it would be nice if there was an internal one.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Zev0,

I'd love to know what you use for a measuring tool

edited June 2012

Out of all I've tried, this one is the best. As you type in a measurement the gold bar adjusts. It can measure in inches, meters etc. You just choose what suits you. Works fine in daz as well.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/41322/View/11/Poser/Poser-dial-driven-measuring-tools

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Just curious, if you create a primitive like say, a cylinder of the appropriate length, parent it to the camera, would that not work?

edited December 1969

Great idea:). But instead of parenting the cylinder I'll parent the measuring tool. Because the measuring tool can have its length adjusted via dials..

edited June 2012

So can the cylinder. All you have to do is set it to a height of 1 inch or 1 centimeter when you create it, set the Y dial to value instead of percent, and you the value is in either Centimeters or Inches.

Post edited by wancow on