kelpie_no_hitomi_a4_point_5.jpg
    600 x 843 - 80K
    kelpie_no_hitomi_mavka_point_5.jpg
    600 x 843 - 75K
    kelpie_no_hitomi_nata_point_5.jpg
    600 x 843 - 80K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...I think that Sadie works the best, though I do like the Mavka one as well.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I think that Sadie works the best, though I do like the Mavka one as well.
    I like a few of them but I don't know that any have the eyes right.

I'm a bit disappointed though I had put Kobold in my cart but when I checked the downloads he wasn't there. I remember the price changing in the middle of my ordering and think he must have been pulled just as I was ordering : (

edited December 1969

...looks like I'll just have to perform some "morphing magic' using Sadie if I get her.

As I already have a fairly hefty investment in Aiko and don't do a lot of Anime stuff, I have little reason to drop 25$ on Hitomi just to make this character work. As I also mentioned earlier, it is like pulling a Marvel Comics Crossover to get you to buy titles to usually don't read just get the full story. Maybe good from a marketing angle, but not from the customer's perspective who has to shell out his or her hard earned cash.

I do agree that the page needs to be amended to reflect all required figures, otherwise it could be construed as false or misleading advertising.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

As I already have a fairly hefty investment in Aiko and don't do a lot of Anime stuff, I have little reason to drop 25$ on Hitomi just to make this character work.

$29 actually I was just checking. I'm not buying it just for this character though, not at that price.

I can still use the textures and get close to the morph but the page detailing whats needed need to be fixed.

edited December 1969

...bugger, you're right, I was looking at the price for Hitomi's Day Out which was right next to the Hitomi Bundle (where the base character should be displayed). The basic character doesn't even show up on the first page when sorted by "relevance".

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...bugger, you're right, I was looking at the price for Hitomi's Day Out which was right next to the Hitomi Bundle (where the base character should be displayed). The basic character doesn't even show up on the first page when sorted by "relevance".
    Yep..I looked at the bundle also but don't really want the dress as I wouldn't use it.
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Well, one thing we found out...

It's not too hard to make a whole tribe of related fey. Heck, they could even be sisters...

edited December 1969

...well, if I could create a seven year old child from Vicky 4, I guess I can get around the Hitomi issue. On the wishlist as I get paid tomorrow..

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Sadie really works the best but I don't have that character either -_- But thank you for all the renders!

• CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 2012

I'd just like to jump in and say a big thanks! to Vyktohria for providing this fantastic set of textures for Genesis, as well as a morph that can be adjusted - since anyone using Genesis has pretty much absolute power over whatever their figure is going to look like. I really like the fantasy skins and makeups - as well as the eyelashes and lips that are available in this fantastically LOW priced set. I personally think that the textures alone are well worth the price of this package - so just wanted to say thanks! And post a few images. -Cathy
    Edit: I forgot to say: I don't have Hitomi either - but I still love this product!

Kelpie_and_Kobolt_skin_testing3.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 221K
    Kelpie_and_Kobold1.jpg
    1079 x 934 - 258K
    Post edited by CathyM on
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Cathy_Mod said:
    I'd just like to jump in and say a big thanks! to Vyktohria for providing this fantastic set of textures for Genesis, as well as a morph that can be adjusted - since anyone using Genesis has pretty much absolute power over whatever their figure is going to look like. I really like the fantasy skins and makeups - as well as the eyelashes and lips that are available in this fantastically LOW priced set. I personally think that the textures alone are well worth the price of this package - so just wanted to say thanks! And post a few images. -Cathy
    Edit: I forgot to say: I don't have Hitomi either - but I still love this product!

I have all of the 'required' products except for Julie, but after seeing these renders, I think I'll pick this up for the skin textures, if nothing else. I can always use more skins that would be suitable for aliens or monsters; this seems to fit the bill.

• CreekyPointStudiosCreekyPointStudios Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

So, the product page still only lists Teen Julie as 'required' - but I actually need many others to achieve the rendered result advertised on the promo page, is this correct?

edited December 1969

So, the product page still only lists Teen Julie as 'required' - but I actually need many others to achieve the rendered result advertised on the promo page, is this correct?

Yes
  • CreekyPointStudiosCreekyPointStudios Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

Yes

Thank you for your quick response Pendraia :)

To DAZ:

Isn't that false advertising?? grrrrrrrrrrr

Bloody hell! is it so difficult to list on the product page the REAL morphs required - otherwise the images in the promos should be the morph using ONLY Teen Julie instead of a bunch of stuff not listed - serioulsy DAZ - what gives?

Not doubting the quality of the product, just seriously ticked off at the lack of HONEST information on product page.

• MegonNoelMegonNoel Posts: 377
    edited December 1969

For anyone who didn't see it, Hitomi is on Fast Grab for today only at $8.99. She must have been added later in the day because she wasn't there when I checked fast grab this morning. I'd have completely missed her if it weren't for someone posting it in the forums. I was one of the people who bought Kelpie not knowing you needed Hitomi. I didn't have Hitomi, and even though I loved Kelpie anyway, I'm super psyched to finally be able to grab Hitomi at such an awesome price :)

edited December 1969

...just picked her up.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited December 1969

Yup, I got Hitomi, too. Been waiting for a good time.

But I didn't get Kelpie, for the same reason.

Her male counterpart Kobold (who seems to have vanished from the store since yesterday)

IIRC this was supposed to be a limited-time special offer, buy her, get him free. Good thing I got them yesterday.

This lack of actual finishing times in the DAZ store for sales and special offers is so far past a joke I can't even see it from my house.

Oh for bleeps sakes.

This is the first I've heard of that.

I just searched the emails, for "Kelpie" and "Kobold", and that deal is not mentioned in the newsletters.

In fact "Kobold" is only mentioned in topic replies. For threads that I obviously didn't finish reading...

So, the deal would've only been mentioned in the Kobold item page?

I really hate when Daz does that. Always have. Even when I get there in time.