The PC 'Expired members' party thread

Comments

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Frank__ said:
    It's the fun havoc thread, isn't it?

I've seen somewhere in the forums this site to be compared with the Titanic. That's completely wrong!

It's the reverse Titanic: DAZ hit the iceberg before leaving the harbour and we're still waiting for the wreck to crawl up to the surface ...

Which will happen soon.

You hope. Although, I'm not even sure it took an iceberg in the harbor to sink this. I think it was already on the bottom before they began. Last time we went through this, DAZ spent months testing a beta site before switching and it was still a disaster.

• Robert952Robert952 Posts: 141
    edited June 2012

Thanks for the party! Glad to crash it.

In the words of Groucho Marx:

"I wouldn’t want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."

So, being an expired member is appropriate, I guess. Yet, I have all the rights and privileges of being a member. Puts a whole new spin on the 'being a card carrying member' I guess.

And it all adds to my confusion... of course, that's the state I live in... the state of confusion.... located north of the mental state... south of the state of things... and east and west of the state of insanity..

(BTW.. a valid answer to what state are you in would be 'solid'. Think about it.)

Post edited by Robert952 on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

party! with snacks! yayy! heading for the spinach dip with a celery stick in hand.

• KinichKinich Posts: 855
    edited December 1969

Well it looks like I'm late to the party (nothing unusual there :) ), but better later than never (better not dwell on that phrase to long ;-)).

Well according to 'My Subscriptions' I'm 'Expired' but....

A couple of days ago I couldn't get the $1.99 prices or the 30% DO discount but did have access to the Members Only forum (is it only me that always thinks that sounds a bit 'sleazy'?), then as if by magic I got my PC pricing back (bought a $1.99 item just to make sure) but couldn't get into the Members Only forum. Okay, I thought, and checked, no still 'Expired'. Strange things seem to be afoot here (even after I used the special lotion I got from the doctor).
    So there I was again today having a browse through the forums and I saw this thread so I thought I'd have a quick look around and check a few things out, $1.99 prices, 30% DO discount, access to the Members Only forum but still 'Expired', then a thought occurred to me, maybe I am actually... (cue spooky music and squeaking door)

'UnExpired!'

Which is somewhat like being UnDead but with a much less make-up & no craving to consume human body parts or fluids (the other cravings are still there but this is a family friendly forum so the less said the better :zip:).

Anyway as this is a party (and its my birthday) have a pint (of whatever you crave) on me and welcome to the ever growing ranks of the UnExpired!

(I would do a quick render but I'm having to re-install all my content again and I have a chilli to stir)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Un-expired and, truthfully, uninspired!

Dana

• Frank__Frank__ Posts: 302
    edited June 2012

Frank__ said:

Which will happen soon.

Soon? or Daz S o o n? ;)

There can only be one "soon" here ... ;)

(Smilies not working anymore? Getting better and better.)

Post edited by Frank__ on
  • IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Kinich said:

(I would do a quick render but I'm having to re-install all my content again and I have a chilli to stir)

If ur bringing chilli, then welcome to the party!

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

My annual subscription hasn't expired - just plain old doesn't exist....

So I may as well join the party

*puts out home made oatmeal raisin cookies and sits down with one and a cup of coffee*

edited December 1969

Thanks for bringing the cookies, they look lovely :)

edited June 2012

Ooo, now that's something I haven't had in a while...home made oatmeal raisin cookies! Yummy! :-P

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • SilvheSilvhe Posts: 788
    edited December 1969

Hi all *waves hand* I'm one of the "expired", may I have a cookie? :-)

• NoctyrnusNoctyrnus Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

*brings large plate of chocolate & peanut butter fudge*
    I'm not late am I?

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Nope! Not late
    *grabs a piece of fudge and passes out cookies to all*

• NoctyrnusNoctyrnus Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    Frank__ said:
    It's the fun havoc thread, isn't it?

I've seen somewhere in the forums this site to be compared with the Titanic. That's completely wrong!

It's the reverse Titanic: DAZ hit the iceberg before leaving the harbour and we're still waiting for the wreck to crawl up to the surface ...

Which will happen soon.

You hope. Although, I'm not even sure it took an iceberg in the harbor to sink this. I think it was already on the bottom before they began. Last time we went through this, DAZ spent months testing a beta site before switching and it was still a disaster.

Build the boat underwater...save time from sinking it later :lol:

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

And our numbers grow and grow this is going to turn into a block party that over takes the city at this rate, but at least we'll have some fun. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

some way to go before we reach my 'The Little Green Box Collection Thread' over in the PC forum, 35 pages and over 500 posts so far, owo, fudge, thank you and welcome to the expired ones :lol:

edited December 1969

Mmm...fudge! %-P Now you're making me want to go eat stuff. I want to lose some fat, not add some. :lol:

Dana

edited December 1969

Well, I have to say that maybe I'm not a member. My status doesn't say Expired, it says Cancelled. Anyway, I got an answer from the ticket I put in. It says it's considered resolved. The resolution was to tell me that they're aware and are working on it. :-/ That's not a resolution! That's merely an update on the status of the work being done. :down: Don't tell me that working on a resolution is a resolution! That's like a mechanic telling me that my car is all fixed when I'm looking right at him, with the engine all in pieces on the floor!

Oh, well. At least they noticed me. :blank:

Dana

edited December 1969

I was just told by a friend elsewhere that she got the same exact message, even though in her ticket she merely asked for a refund. 12 days later she got this response. She's worried that they're dragging it out and the time will be up and she won't get her refund.

Anyway, it seems that this response was merely a boilerplate letter, probably sent to everyone who has had a ticket in for these problems. That's how they're clearing the ZenDesk? :-/

Good night,

Dana

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 377
    edited December 1969

The site says that I have No Subscription. It also says that I am not subscribed to the Platinum Club Newsletter. Although, I still receive my membership discounts. It is hard to get logged in quite often too. Clearing cookies and starting over helps, but also just opening a new tab has helped.

edited June 2012

I'm seriously considering to leave the PC now, I have six months left before the expiration date (well, except that I'm already expired). Anyone knows if they will refund the unused period?

Post edited by Silvhe on
  • Rosie DRosie D Posts: 58
    edited June 2012

(Pokes head round door)
    (Sniffs the air - Mmm Cookies)

Hi everyone - I appear to have been 'renewed' but somehow I still feel pretty 'expired'

May I have a cookie and a corner to sit in please.....

Post edited by Rosie D on
  • pweberpweber Posts: 10
    edited June 2012

I'm not an expiree ... I don't exist. My join date is null. And I can't even access the bugs link to report it. ::sniff:: :down:

But Chohole said I could come over here.

Edited to add - I'm not sure how nonexistence gets fixed. If I'm not here, how do they know to fix it?

Post edited by pweber on
    edited December 1969

Silvhe said:
    I'm seriously considering to leave the PC now, I have six months left before the expiration date (well, except that I'm already expired). Anyone knows if they will refund the unused period?

Hiya, yes, if you decide to cancel you will get a pro rata refund of the remaining time.

edited December 1969

Rosie D said:
    (Pokes head round door)
    (Sniffs the air - Mmm Cookies)

Hi everyone - I appear to have been 'renewed' but somehow I still feel pretty 'expired'

May I have a cookie and a corner to sit in please.....

Help urself to cookies and snacks on the right and drinks are on the left, welcome to the party :)

edited December 1969

pweber said:

I'm not an expiree ... I don't exist. My join date is null. And I can't even access the bugs link to report it. ::sniff:: :down:

But Chohole said I could come over here.

Edited to add - I'm not sure how nonexistence gets fixed. If I'm not here, how do they know to fix it?

Your very welcome, help urself to a drink and snacks :-)

edited December 1969

Silvhe said:

Hiya, yes, if you decide to cancel you will get a pro rata refund of the remaining time.
    Thank you :-)

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Well, I have to say that maybe I'm not a member. My status doesn't say Expired, it says Cancelled. Anyway, I got an answer from the ticket I put in. It says it's considered resolved. The resolution was to tell me that they're aware and are working on it. :-/ That's not a resolution! That's merely an update on the status of the work being done. :down: Don't tell me that working on a resolution is a resolution! That's like a mechanic telling me that my car is all fixed when I'm looking right at him, with the engine all in pieces on the floor!

Oh, well. At least they noticed me. :blank:

Dana

I'm canceled, too. I've never been canceled before. It's kind of depressing.

I also got that nice little message from support. What a nice nonresolution. I'm much happier now. And now that I've found the party, I don't feel like murder (as much) as I did before.

Can I have a cookie? And milk please, I just can't have a cookie without milk.

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited June 2012

Dana, I got the same boilerplate message, though what I'd sent in for was the lack of my profile showing me as a PC member and not being able to get into the forums. By the time I got it, I had been able to get into the PC Member forum for several days.

I think they're clearing out all the similar complaints to cut down on the flood of complaints, especially when you have one person sending in zendesk complaint after complaint after complaint for the same thing.

Edit to add: Does anyone know how to get these stupid forums to show paragraphs instead of just squishing it all together?

Post edited by griffon_e3f1dc9370 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I tned to use enter space enter, sounds stupid, but

it

does

work