Lin Hair - How to get it imported perfectly?

WolpiWolpi Posts: 323
edited December 1969 in New Users

There were no problems with Donna and Gwenith Hair: import - fit to character - parent - perfect! But Lin is not the same way and this begins with the other kind of installation. I'm German and not sure if I did the setup correctly and if it's normal to built the hair up part by part and to have to adjust it to the head manual. Can anybody explain the correct way of installation and import with simple words?:roll:

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,818
    edited December 1969

Lin Hair is "prop" hair, it doesn't have bones and so isn't limited to a single figure. There will either be poses to fi it to a range of figures, as listed on the product page, or there will be morphs in the hair named for the figures it is made to work with. If you are using Genesis, however, which wasn't around at the time then yes you will need to adjust it to fit - you can then save a preset for your adjustments, if you wish..

• WolpiWolpi Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Richard, but can you tell me what is the right way to import it (one or several folders?) or which additional surfaces and maps I have to add to make it look proper? It doesn't look like on the product page at all!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,818
    edited December 1969

I don't have the hair installed, and it wouldn't be in its default location if I did, but the readme should tell you where it lives - being a prop hair it will be in the Poser Hair library, with the materials in the Pose library.

edited December 1969

I succeeded by trial and error and have got a nice first result. It seems, that I only have to load "Diffuse Color" . There are so many other options to load maps (Glossiness, Specular, Ambient,...) and two kind of maps in the folder to import (... trans and ...black/gold/brown). I don't know if these are loaded automatically and which kind of map I have to load under which of the 15 map-loader-options.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

That is the thing Wolpi, vendors can only go so far in settings up the Surfaces for us...we have to adjust according to what lights we use as there are so many ways to light a scene.

When you say "Import" do you mean using the Presets supplied with the Hair product.

Plus most of us here don't have every single product as we have to buy them just like you.....most here are just volunteers and do not owrk for Daz3D.

Here is some reading for you on the Surfaces Pane....Yes it is for DS3 but the information is still valid. http://homepage.eircom.net/~neilvpose/ds-settings.htm

edited December 1969

Oh yes, that's what I needed to understand what the english terms are for! Thank you for that, dear Szark!
    But there is still the critical difference between the versions:

With DAZ 4.5 every surface tab (Diffuse Color, -Strenght, Glossines, Specular Color .... ) is combined with a preview and a browser. Most of these windows are empty.

Then I browse and for the hair I get to the folder with following maps: 20 x colour maps (rdLin_blonde ...) and 20 x base colour maps (rdLinbase_brown ... ) and some for the bow colours (rdLinbow_15 ...)

And now my question: In which little window/ surface tab do I have to choose which kind of these maps?

(Please stay patient with my german dull-wittedness!)

edited December 1969

The Hair product like most content will have Material Presets already, just select the Hair and go to the Content Library and in Poser Formats there should be some material presets, double click on the preset you want...that will load all the maps and settings for you.

edited December 1969

Again a creative DAZ-Day ended with a great result - with your help! It's amazing to have feelings of success day by day. And make a dream of decades come true I didn't believe in some months ago ... Thank you!
    :-)

edited December 1969

I love it when that happens. :) Nice