Freak 5 Thread

RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
edited February 2013 in The Commons

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

interesting. watch them pull the plug on that image ;)

• HellboyHellboy Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

:down:

I hope there's more awesomeness involved in F5. That looks just like Freak 4.
    *sigh* I'll wait a bit more.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

that explains it, prolly the Freak shape for genesis.

edited December 1969

Some vendors have access to figures before they are released and promos of unreleased figures leak all the time in products and the image do say Freak5, it wouldn’t surprise me its F5. If he is (and I hope he’s not), I wonder what else will he offer because that totally looks like Freak 4.

edited December 1969

we have also had typos before where it said Girl5 even though it was girl for genesis. So it can go either way certainly.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,878
    edited December 1969

That looks like they mixed F4 with Smay's Mr. Hyde

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

I am still reeling from the price of a single t-shirt, LOL.

I have no use for another male figure, but the more options for genesis the better.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 2012

There's a reason why I posted the link as I copied it. The last part clearly says "02_4blueyes_pulledsleevesgenesis_freak5_1.jpg".

we have also had typos before where it said Girl5 even though it was girl for genesis. So it can go either way certainly.

That is true, however, I've seen sneak peaks of Hiro 5 long before he came out.
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

There's a reason why I posted the link as I copied it. The last part clearly says "02_4blueyes_pulledsleevesgenesis_freak5_1.jpg".
    Oh yeah so it does...silly me.
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 2012

I will only get him if he adds something to the table like a bunch of morphs never seen before. A single body shape is just not enough for the normal asking price. I want custom freak5 morph content like super muscles etc. Something that adds a bit more value for what you're paying for.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,301
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    I will only get him if he adds something to the table like a bunch of morphs never seen before. A single body shape is just not enough for the normal asking price. I want custom freak5 morph content like super muscles etc.

Agreed.

If thats is Freak 5 it looks too much to like something I could already dial up.

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    I will only get him if he adds something to the table like a bunch of morphs never seen before. A single body shape is just not enough for the normal asking price. I want custom freak5 morph content like super muscles etc. Something that adds a bit more value for what you're paying for.

I agree, but I really wouldn't mind a single body shape if that shape is something REALLY awesome that makes me happy using it out of the box.
    I was hoping for something around the detail quality of Mr. Hyde but with human proportions.
    That image has me dissapointed.

This is exactly what I always wanted for the Freak (within possibilities):

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?66278-Warrior-(WIP)

edited December 1969

yeah that looked cool.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

It looks terrific but my fave is still F3 who feels more shrek like.--not looks, just feels that's his underlying personality to reveal..

Okay. I'm nuts.

edited December 1969

Well, then again, guys, remember that the Freak has always been made with things like Sci-Fi monsters exaggerations in mind, so who knows if there will or will not be an extra morph? I know it may seem unlikely at this point due to Hiro 5 and the Young Teens 5 not getting any, but that was only because they were made and sold to DAZ by other people separate from the company. Victoria, Michael, Stephanie, and Freak are the only Millennium Icons that have always been DAZ Originals in the truest aspect of the term (at least to what I understand). So far all of these Icons have received special Elite morphs. So with that pattern, it's more than likely that our big Freaky friend will get one too.

edited December 1969

I would love to see what an Elite set for The Freak would be like.
    Veins, tattoos, scars, whatever to make it more Freakish and with Elite quality. That would be great, yeah. He could be a really awesome character, I hope they exploit the potential.

edited December 2012

V5 had very few "elite" morphs compared to V4. She got V5 and V5 supermodel....

That's elite? I remember V4 had a handful of shapes...

Stephanie had a supermodel and a curvy version, still not that many "elite" shapes.

Not that I am saying the freak won't have any options, but if he does or doesn't it has nothing to do with who produces it. If Daz wants something they can make it happen. if they don't feel the need they won't spend the time on it. it seems like with this generation they are expecting people to exploit the blending capabilities of Genesis, so they haven't provided as many elite shapes because of that.

Your logic about "truest" DO makes me laugh. You must be bored :)

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

Well, V4 didn’t came with any shape, V5 comes with Supermodel.
    The Elite shapes and textures were separate products that came later during the years.

But anyway, I was thinking about the Elite textures an elite shape would be more important.
    I’m not seeking realism on my images but I hope they take into consideration real muscle guys. The legs on the figures always look bad when you add muscles, they never follow a natural looking shape in my opinion. :down:

edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    The Elite shapes and textures were separate products that came later during the years.

That's true.I guess was just thinking about the whole "elite" thing. I just never saw the shapes bundled in Gen5 to be all that elite.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:

That's true.I guess was just thinking about the whole "elite" thing. I just never saw the shapes bundled in Gen5 to be all that elite.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was an "Elite 5" set of morphs for Genesis at some point. The Elites for V4 were too popular to completely let that name drop, and most customers seem to prefer very archetypal body shapes to the infinity of dial possibilities that already exists (half the character sets for sale have custom FBMs now!).

edited December 2012

Stephanie had a supermodel and a curvy version, still not that many "elite" shapes.

Not that I am saying the freak won't have any options, but if he does or doesn't it has nothing to do with who produces it. If Daz wants something they can make it happen. if they don't feel the need they won't spend the time on it. it seems like with this generation they are expecting people to exploit the blending capabilities of Genesis, so they haven't provided as many elite shapes because of that.

The textures and extra morphs that come with V5, M5, & S5 are what DAZ is passing off as this generation's "Elite" as pretty much explained by some of the Team sometime before and after V5 premiered. But yeah, you're right. It DOES seem like DAZ has been nudging the community to create what they won't. *Coughshefreak5andkids5cough* Excuse me. :)

And as for them being DAZ Originals in the truest sense is how they've always been produced directly from within the DAZ company itself as opposed to being contributed to the company by other people like MallenLane (even though he used to work for DAZ 3D) and Kim Goossens. Though, one person did tell before that Stephanie was also MallenLane's work, but I'm not too sure.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited December 1969

Probably they want to concentrate on the the characters, I could be wrong, But I thought we had to wait more between characters before...
    and then Elite shapes are probably the most logical step and more Elite textures will follow too I hope.

Freak 5 Elite sounds sweet :)

edited December 2012

The characters are coming out relatively quickly right now, I just hope they also move on to more animals too...I wouldn't mind a freak/she freak but they'd have to have a ton of shapes .Even if it was a separate pack something like that hirosm pack that added all those morphs for hiro.

At this point i think it may be too late or me to care about them releasing any elite packs for V5 or S5, or even M5 I have more than enough shapes myself to cover what's needed. But for the muscular folks I still could use a bit of variety. People can develop muscle very differently and that's one area I'm not going to be able to morph myself in a convincing manner.

EDIT: and one thing I keep forgetting to say, whatever pro bundle they throw out there for the freak5 would probably be worth it, I'm sure it would be packed with a lot of manly and even macho gear :)

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

The textures and extra morphs that come with V5, M5, & S5 are what DAZ is passing off as this generation's "Elite" as pretty much explained by some of the Team sometime before and after V5 premiered. But yeah, you're right. It DOES seem like DAZ has been nudging the community to create what they won't. *Coughshefreak5andkids5cough* Excuse me. :)

And as for them being DAZ Originals in the truest sense is how they've always been produced directly from within the DAZ company itself as opposed to being contributed to the company by other people like MallenLane (even though he used to work for DAZ 3D) and Kim Goossens. Though, one person did tell before that Stephanie was also MallenLane's work, but I'm not too sure.

I miss all of Steph 4's body types she came with. There were 8! Now the only way to use them is through GenX. I must've been the only one who supported them. I like Steph 5, but she is too big in the hips and breasts to look like my natural-petite body type friends the way 4 did.

Sadly pdxjims, who did such a nice job on SF4, doesn't seem interested in Genesis. I would settle for another buff amazon type of similar quality with a different name, if that was the best way. With this figure so many things can be supported that it'd be a shame for there not to be one. There is literally no body type we can't have for Genesis if someone is willing to make it.

edited December 1969

I miss all of Steph 4's body types she came with. There were 8! Now the only way to use them is through GenX. I must've been the only one who supported them. I like Steph 5, but she is too big in the hips and breasts to look like my natural-petite body type friends the way 4 did.

Sadly pdxjims, who did such a nice job on SF4, doesn't seem interested in Genesis. I would settle for another buff amazon type of similar quality with a different name, if that was the best way. With this figure so many things can be supported that it'd be a shame for there not to be one. There is literally no body type we can't have for Genesis if someone is willing to make it.
    RKane_1 has a range of Amazon shapes in the works. He even said he might consider selling them to DAZ. Going by Thone's experience, if he does that, then we've definitely got ourselves a She-Freak 5.

edited December 1969

Well, it looks as though DAZ foresaw this discussion about Elite stuff and released this...

http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-5-elite-texture-nichole/

edited December 1969

I don't think this thread had anything to do with it considering they have been coming out with elite textures for a long time now. They had an elite S5 texture in the last sale, or the sale before it, or the sale before that or something. lol

edited January 2013

Nope, Elite textures takes a lot more than just a week of work.
    But yeah, its a funny coincidence.

Post edited by Hellboy on
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    Nope, Elite textures takes a lot more than just a week of work.
    But yeah, its a funny coincidence.

That was the joke. :)

I laughed my ass off when I say the ad. What better timing!