For users of DAZ History Manager

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,712
    edited December 1969

The database layout seems to be different -- I loaded my old database in this version and the dates showed up in the item name column.

Correct, I've rewritten it to make room for SKU data.

It will not cause any problems though, just download your history again and it will be fixed.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Taozen said:
    Kerya said:
    I can't test just now, but I added 4 new bundles to the thread here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1779/#196527

Thanks. Are you doing it manually?

Yes - I couldn't find another way ...
    OK. I'm not sure how Andy collects them, but it could probably be done fairly easily automatically. Depends mostly on how consistent the data layout is in the store.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 2012

Taozen said:

If I could ask for one feature, it would be the way to create an auxiliary database to put the items that won't come up in a sales report in.

Not sure what you mean here?

Oh. What I meant was this - I have a bunch of Daz product that I didn't get through the Daz store. Some of it came on freebie discs in magazines and books, some came on line sources, like the old Daz Freepository and forums, some came packed in various versions of the software, like the subdragon and the base aldorah hair, and a lot came from 3rd party sites like 3Dworld. In addition, I picked up the Aiko and Hiro megasets at a con on DVD (with T-shirts,) the Reby Sky resources pack was given to me at Siggraph, and, well, you get the idea. A whole lot of product that I own that the Daz website has no record of, totaling about 700 assets or so. That's way too much to remember, so I keep a record of all of those in an excel file, combined with listings for every Daz product I've bought in the store, whether singly or in a bundle.

So, since you created this program, I've also taken to pulling all the data on my new purchases from Daz straight from the .csv file that DHM uses. Which has me thinking that what would be great is if I could roll all the items listed above back onto a .csv as well. I don't want to combine all the data in one pot, because I can't re-download any of those items I didn't purchase through the site, so the ideal solution (in my mind) would be to be to have DHM be able to check against two different .csv files: one that's just for checking that I don't already have the item, and a second file that's limited to just exactly what the Daz store has (the version that DHM checks against now,) to be used for resetting downloads, looking for d-son updates, etc.

Is that any clearer?

Post edited by Cybersox on
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:

If I could ask for one feature, it would be the way to create an auxiliary database to put the items that won't come up in a sales report in.

Not sure what you mean here?

Oh. What I meant was this - I have a bunch of Daz product that I didn't get through the Daz store. Some of it came on freebie discs in magazines and books, some came on line sources, like the old Daz Freepository and forums, some came packed in various versions of the software, like the subdragon and the base aldorah hair, and a lot came from 3rd party sites like 3Dworld. In addition, I picked up the Aiko and Hiro megasets at a con on DVD (with T-shirts,) the Reby Sky resources pack was given to me at Siggraph, and, well, you get the idea. A whole lot of product that I own that the Daz website has no record of, totaling about 700 assets or so. That's way too much to remember, so I keep a record of all of those in an excel file, combined with listings for every Daz product I've bought in the store, whether singly or in a bundle.

So, since you created this program, I've also taken to pulling all the data on my new purchases from Daz straight from the .csv file that DHM uses. Which has me thinking that what would be great is if I could roll all the items listed above back onto a .csv as well. I don't want to combine all the data in one pot, because I can't re-download any of those items I didn't purchase through the site, so the ideal solution (in my mind) would be to be to have DHM be able to check against two different .csv files: one that's just for checking that I don't already have the item, and a second file that's limited to just exactly what the Daz store has (the version that DHM checks against now,) to be used for resetting downloads, looking for d-son updates, etc.

Is that any clearer?
    OK, I get the idea. It could be made that way that if the program detects a .csv file with a certain name, a button that will load that file will appear. Quite simple to make.

You just need to format the data the same way as in the history.csv file (the new format from the test version), leaving fields you have no data for empty. If you don't have any SKU data for the items though, it will be a check on product names only, with the disadvantages this may have.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

Just wanted to say THANK YOU very much for creating and sharing this incredibly useful tool.

DAZ History manager in combination with a batch installer script is now my daily routine when installing content:

- purchase something in DAZ store
    - download new history
    - Update History
    - Check for DSON updates
    - Reset the prodcts

- download products and run batch installer

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

... and run batch installer

Batch installer?

edited December 1969

MBusch said:

Batch installer?

Here is a link to a post in the forumarchive where the original unchanged script by Tugspx was posted;

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=180348&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

You will have to give the page some time to load.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

MBusch said:

Batch installer?

Here is a link to a post in the forumarchive where the original unchanged script by Tugspx was posted;

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=180348&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

You will have to give the page some time to load.

Thanks! Anyway, I am on OS X, so I need another path...

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

any word on a new version of the history manager? It expires 12/31 and I'm getting nervous. :-)

• AndyBerlinAndyBerlin Posts: 73
    edited December 1969

The current version Alpha 0.539 of DAZ History Manager will run until 2013-01-31.
    If for some reason the autoupdate did not work, you may download it at http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/.

But any of the Content Downloader will need an update for the new year.

edited December 1969

The current version Alpha 0.539 of DAZ History Manager will run until 2013-01-31.
    If for some reason the autoupdate did not work, you may download it at http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/.

Got it. Thank you.

Nope, the automatic update didn't work. It has worked for me in the past, though, which was why I was worried that nothing had come in yet.

edited December 1969

I'm working on these, there will be updates of them all before they expire.
    edited December 1969

Spit said:

Nope, the automatic update didn't work. It has worked for me in the past, though, which was why I was worried that nothing had come in yet.

Strange. I just tested all previous unexpired versions since 0.536, auto update works fine for all of them. If for some reason it cannot connect to the update server or whatever you'll get a "Update check failed" box which you must close before the program can start. It should not be possible to run an earlier version of the program without seeing either the Update window or the "Update check failed" box.
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Spit said:

Strange. I just tested all previous unexpired versions since 0.536, auto update works fine for all of them. If for some reason it cannot connect to the update server or whatever you'll get a "Update check failed" box which you must close before the program can start. It should not be possible to run an earlier version of the program without seeing either the Update window or the "Update check failed" box.

I think I know what happened. I found a dazhm-0539a.zip in my downloads. I must have had that version installed instead.

edited January 2013

A new test version out: 0.540a.

Cart Check has now been rewritten to include SKU based bundle check, which needs some testing. Those who want to participate can download it here:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/updates/dazhm-a0540a.zip

Bundle Check includes check for old bundle names, so it should work even if the name has changed since you bought the bundle. In that case the item(s) will be marked yellow to indicate that the item name does not match the name of the corresponding item in the cart. I'm hoping to find a better solution to this, but so far this is how it works. Probably something that you won't run into very often anyway, if ever.

Andy has just updated the bundle data, so the latest bundles are included in the check.

Let me know if there are bugs or problems.

Thanks!

Post edited by Taoz on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Thx Taozen.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...again, where do I have to extract this to?

• AndyBerlinAndyBerlin Posts: 73
    edited December 1969

You can extract it, wherever you want, but the folder must be writable. On any Windows since Vista it should not be extracted into the protected folders on drive C: (like "C:\Program Files"). I recommend to extract the test version into a separate folder and not to overwrite the release version.

edited January 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...again, where do I have to extract this to?

In general, if nothing else is mentioned, you can either replace the existing .exe file with the new version or create a new installation in a new folder.

There will normally be an auto-update after any test version(s) which will update whatever earlier versions you are using, including the test versions.

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited January 2013

...OK got it working but when I entered my login info it kept trying to log in but did so with an error as I must have typoed something. (It has been some time since I had to remember my password). I closed it opened again but cannot get it to show the actual characters I am typing (the "Show" tick box doesn't work) so it I am unable to make sure I am entering the correct username/password.

Took a couple tries as I could barely see the keyboard due to the nearly blinding glare of the sun coming through the window of the hotspot I'm at.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK got it working but when I entered my login info it kept trying to log in but did so with an error as I must have typoed something. (It has been some time since I had to remember my password). I closed it opened again but cannot get it to show the actual characters I am typing (the "Show" tick box doesn't work) so it I am unable to make sure I am entering the correct username/password.

Took a couple tries as I could barely see the keyboard due to the nearly blinding glare of the sun coming through the window of the hotspot I'm at.

If you have saved your password it will not let you show it - it's a security measure, to avoid unauthorized persons getting your password if they should open the program. Just clear the password field and click Save Login, then Show works again.

edited December 1969

...did that and still got the security dots. Even shut the programme down and it still didn't work.

...ended up finally getting it right but had to go real slow while shielding my eyes form the glare. Saved the correct one so I should be OK now.

edited December 1969

Here's how to do:

1. Clear the password field
    2. Click "Save Login"
    3. Check "Show"

See video here:

http://taosoft.dk/temp/hm_showlogin

edited January 2013

Just for curiosities sake:

I just purchased Bot Genesis that is listed as DSON product in the shop.

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/bot-genesis

After purchase I downloaded the new history with History Manager. Saved / Updated the History and then checked for DSON updates.

Bot Genesis did not show up when checking for DSON updates. Edit: Solved.

By now I am used that all new DSON products I purchase show up when checking until I reset them once with the History Manager.

Just to make sure that the checking is working I also leave one DSON file unreset so that it shows up each time.
    (Epic Wings Expansion. Edited the metadata for the .duf version myself so I do not need the update 1.9999 or whatever number we are at now.)

Any special reason why Bot Genesis is an exception?

Was the way files are stored / listed on the server changed (again?)?

Post edited by linvanchene on
    edited December 1969

Hm, I can't see anything wrong anywhere. Bot Genesis is listed in the DSON_list.txt file which means the program has found it on the DSON page.

Does Bot Genesis show up if you search on the name or the order number in your history?

edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Hm, I can't see anything wrong anywhere. Bot Genesis is listed in the DSON_list.txt file which means the program has found it on the DSON page.

Does Bot Genesis show up if you search on the name or the order number in your history?

Strange. It was not in my DSON_list.txt file. But it was listed in my history.csv

Now a few hours later I tried again and now Bot Genesis was found when checking for DSON updates.

Thank you for your fast reply. Seems the problem was on my end.

edited January 2013

Taozen said:

Strange. It was not in my DSON_list.txt file. But it was listed in my history.csv

Now a few hours later I tried again and now Bot Genesis was found when checking for DSON updates.

Thank you for your fast reply. Seems the problem was on my end.

OK, probably a temporary server glitch, happens sometimes. Glad it works for you again.

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969

The dreaded day has past:

2013 31. of January.

Now its 01. of February on my system.

It seems now the History manager has expired.

- - -

Tried to download a new version from

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

and got the .zip file dazhm-a0540.zip

but still get the error message:

"DAZ History manager version 0.539 has expired."

- - -

Any chance for another update?

edited January 2013

Sorry, some computer problems prevented me from updating it before it expired, but the new version is up now. :)

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited January 2013

Taozen said:
    Sorry, some computer problems prevented me from updating it before it expired, but the new version is up now. :)

Thank you so much for continuing to make History Manager available!

I managed to download and install dazhm-a0541.zip. Downloading the history, saving the history, checking for DSON updates, searching for files all worked perfectly.

I am so happy to have access to those incredibly useful features! :-)

Post edited by linvanchene on