Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Loving this tool. Can't wait to really delve into. Here is a picture I did using the tiger preset.

Superb render, well done!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Renders look awesome

Question... is the Wolf preset for the DAZ Wolf or the Wolf that you released a year or so ago?? If for the DAZ Wolf is it possible to make one for your Wolf?

Hello Richard, the preset is for the DAZ Mil Dog (wolf morph). I'm preparing the preset for the Wolf by AM as well.
    Today I'll be done with the first set of video tutorials, as they are uploaded I'll finish the wolf and make it available...

edited December 1969

I think it's for the wolf morph of the Millennium Dog. Haven't tried it yet, though, I just got LamH working yesterday and I'm still figuring out how all the bits work.

Hi SpottetKitty, be sure to visit www.furrythings.com often: video tutorials are almost done. Those should help to quicken user skills with LAMH...

edited December 2012

Be sure to check out new new renders done by users on our FB Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/LookAtMyHair.

Latest one is a prehistoric critter exported as .OBJ (one of the many features available in LAMH) and rendered in Vue.
    I find it particularly beautiful and inspiring!

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Got it today. Have had no trouble so far.

Here's Lyne's rabbit with Pajama preset. This render took 30 minutes, but when I removed the winter grass, it only took about 4 minutes! I only have an i5. Studio render.

I only know how to get a preset rendered so far. Haven't played with any of the tools yet.

LAMH-ArcticRabbit.jpg
    700 x 700 - 177K
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Spit said:

Here's Lyne's rabbit with Pajama preset. This render took 30 minutes, but when I removed the winter grass, it only took about 4 minutes! I only have an i5. Studio render.

I only know how to get a preset rendered so far. Haven't played with any of the tools yet.

Looking good!

Kendall

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

Looks fantastic, Spit!

edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    Looks fantastic, Spit!

Hey, Shaaelia...

Let's see some from you, my friend.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Hey Kendall, I would love to... I just need to get a working renderbox going again. Christmas Eve, my motherboard decided to call it quits, so saving frantically for a new system... may nick hubby's for a while to render on though ;-)

edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    Hey Kendall, I would love to... I just need to get a working renderbox going again. Christmas Eve, my motherboard decided to call it quits, so saving frantically for a new system... may nick hubby's for a while to render on though ;-)

Wow, that stinks! That's alright, we all know that the hubby's computer must work toward the "greater good." Right? :-)

Kendall

edited December 1969

lol - that's what I'm convincing him of ;-)

edited December 1969

Spit said:

Hey that's really beautiful !

Video tutorials are due out late today...

edited December 1969

Thanks Kendall, Shaaelia and Alessandro. Looking forward to the vids!

Oh, and Shaaelia? bother hubby so much to use his that he will crawl through broken glass to get you a new one. :cheese:

edited December 1969

The first set of 12 tutorials, for a total of 48 minutes, is finally available at the following link: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_JdHHW5yFwbqeq6aJzKtfEdbpt9k4HY6

I hope you'll find it useful and my english understandable enough. In any case, if you need further explanations, you can always email me or Kendall.

As anticipated, this set covers the basic operations, so that you can get familiar with the interface and the workflow.
    A more advanced tutorial set is currently under development and will show how to produce complex hair styles, and take advantage of all the plugin tools and features.

edited December 1969

The first set of 12 tutorials, for a total of 48 minutes, is finally available at the following link: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_JdHHW5yFwbqeq6aJzKtfEdbpt9k4HY6

I hope you'll find it useful and my english understandable enough. In any case, if you need further explanations, you can always email me or Kendall.

As anticipated, this set covers the basic operations, so that you can get familiar with the interface and the workflow.
    A more advanced tutorial set is currently under development and will show how to produce complex hair styles, and take advantage of all the plugin tools and features.

Watched them all straight through though the 'viewed count' didn't seem to change. They're terrific but I know I'll watch them a few more times between playing sessions in LAMH.

I must say, you have an amazing speaking voice. Perfect tone and that soft Italian accent? OMG I feel like a college girl again.

edited December 1969

Spit said:

Watched them all straight through though the 'viewed count' didn't seem to change. They're terrific but I know I'll watch them a few more times between playing sessions in LAMH.

I must say, you have an amazing speaking voice. Perfect tone and that soft Italian accent? OMG I feel like a college girl again.

And this is why Alex is the front man. It is a lot better than hearing my Kentuckiana/Indiucky Nasal voice. :-)

Kendall

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 2012

You did very well, Alessandro. Your tutorials helped fill in gaps in the manual and gave me a better understanding of how your plug-in works. I understood your english completely.

Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,860
    edited December 2012

Thank you for the videos. I will have a look at those and see what I can learn.

It is a lot better than hearing my Kentuckiana/Indiucky Nasal voice. :-)

Kendall

I worked in a call center for 5 years talking to Americans. I would be able to understand you.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • esargeesarge Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Very good videos. They helped a lot.

edited December 1969

Spit said:

Oh my, and I always thought I had a ridiculous accent. You actually made me blush, LOL
    Yes, I'm italian BTW. :)

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    You did very well, Alessandro. Your tutorials helped fill in gaps in the manual and gave me a better understanding of how your plug-in works. I understood your english completely.

Very good, I'm glad it was kind of understandable :)

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,504
    edited December 1969

Excellent tutorials, Alessandro, detailed and easy to understand. Thanks for taking your time to creating them.
    I have watched these tutorials with a great interest.
    edited December 1969

Artini said:

Excellent tutorials, Alessandro, detailed and easy to understand. Thanks for taking your time to creating them.
    I have watched these tutorials with a great interest.

Thanks Artini, glad they were of any use. Preparing the advanced set soon: It will deal with creating complex styles from scratch to rendering...

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 2012

Finally I bought LAMH too, currently I haven't done hair with it - but I used it to get fur at clothes.

It's my first try with LAMH, I created the leo texture and then I played with LAMH.

Currently I am downloading your videos and going to watch them, thanks!

2012-12-29_Huntress_medres.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 876K
    Post edited by Sedor on
    edited December 1969

sedor said:
    Finally I bought LAMH too, currently I haven't done hair with it - but I used it to get fur at clothes.

It's my first try with LAMH, I created the leo texture and then I played with LAMH.

Currently I am downloading your videos and going to watch them, thanks!

That's a creative way to use it, thanks for sharing your render sedor.

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

I got sidetracked with all the BOGO and other holiday savings but I am so glad to hear the videos are up. Can't wait to hear the Italian accent and will try to get started on the tutorials tomorrow. Thank you, Alessandro!

edited December 2012

Mari-Anne said:
    I got sidetracked with all the BOGO and other holiday savings but I am so glad to hear the videos are up. Can't wait to hear the Italian accent and will try to get started on the tutorials tomorrow. Thank you, Alessandro!

Thanks to you Mari-Anne: besides the videos, if you guys and gals still need some "direct" support you can always email me with requests.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Does LAMH write a log file?

Currently I am getting some crashes when savong/loading presets, but I at the moment I can't track it down.

edited December 1969

sedor said:

Currently I am getting some crashes when savong/loading presets, but I at the moment I can't track it down.

Yes, it in Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyHairAM/logFile.txt

If you encounter issues, please email the log to me and Kendall and we'll take a look at it.

edited December 1969

sedor said:

Yes, please send me any report of crashes. That is definitely NOT supposed to happen. :-)

Kendall

This discussion has been closed.