NEW FAVERAL RELEASE: Le Faubourg [commercial]

FaveralFaveral Posts: 415
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I hope you'll enjoy this new environment :)
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/le-faubourg

Comments

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

It's beautiful :O
    Can't imagine how long you worked on this!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,498
    edited December 2012

Super YES YES YES!! Finally some European city buildings that will go well with my renders!
    Carted, now check-out time!

Not that Le Village is bad, but my players have seen those buildings one too many times.

Post edited by Totte on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Gorgeous Faveral. You always do such wonderful recreations of European cities. :-)

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Wow, it's so beautiful! Just when I thought I'd caught up and bought most of your sets...; )

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Wow, it's so beautiful! Just when I thought I'd caught up and bought most of your sets...; )

Yeah. Me too!

edited December 1969

Elowan said:
    Pendraia said:

Yeah. Me too!

Faveral - collect them all!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited December 1969

Wow! That is so beautiful! I really need this. It is in my cart!!!! :cheese:

• ColemanRughColemanRugh Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

Looks great, Faveral !!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Did anyone see a bank card? Poor thing took one look at this thread, screamed and ran away. I need it 'cause I wanna buy this...! ;-)

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,543
    edited December 1969

Very nice set.

edited December 2012

Used it twice already, will be my favorite European Town/Oldtown!
    Now I dont have to go to Vue for that, or use Poser (I have some sets that only works with Poser as I'm getting weird Poly errors in DS).

This is really what I've been wishing for, and it's even better than the promos.

For the current PC Weekly contest, Mars attacks Paris Pride ;-)

mars_attack_pride_s.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 200K
    Post edited by Totte on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Bought it a couple of days back (whenever it came out) at 30% off (which it is still marked as) but today I get an email form DAZ stating it is 40% off (with the rest of Faveral's store at 30% off) ... anyone have a clue?

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

yeah SimonJM i just came here looking for that very reason ... I was hoping to get Opus Magnum too since Faveral's whole store is listed as 30% off on all of it and 40% off Faubourg... hope its not another Daz mistake :S

But because i don't want to steal any steam from the promos...

can i just say DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG it looks awesome... I don't have many faveral things, actually, because I'd be broke whenever something comes out, and well even now i'm not sure if paycheck will be in the bank in time to grab this ( and as usual Daz fails to give a sale end date) but the cities are usually what I go for, because can use for SOOOOOOOOOOO many things. I have a few medieval buildings that i use OVER AND OVER AND OVER, and still love. There's so much love for Faveral. :)

• kurisu2112kurisu2112 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Additional discount taken at checkout

Untitled.jpg
    800 x 437 - 39K
  • RosemaryrRosemaryr Posts: 94
    edited December 2012

No 40% taken on my order... which was earlier today.
    And just before the weekend. Doesn't it always happen that way? Now I'll to go through the whole 'dealing with the DAZ store refund/repurchase' routine.. after New Year's and people get back from the long weekend/holiday.

More hassles in the DAZ store system making for more disgruntled customers. Do the sales staff employees not communicate with the advertising staff???

(P.S. To Faveral, none of this frustration is your doing, of course! I had an instant want/buy response when I saw the set. Lovely work!)

Post edited by Rosemaryr on
  • FaveralFaveral Posts: 415
    edited December 1969

Thank you all for your kind comments. :)
    As for the extra discount, this offer has been extended to my repeat customers as a thank you.
    If you bought this product and later received the extra discount e-mail, please contact DAZ and they will fix it for you.
    Thanks again, and I hope you enjoy this set :)

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

Bought it and stacks of wishlisted items too. Have submitted a ticket to Support for the difference in Le Faubourg.
    Thanks for the loyalty discount! :-)

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    edited December 1969

Beautiful set I had to have it. Thanks for additional discount. It made the decision to buy it all the more easy :-)

• judee3djudee3d Posts: 171
    edited December 1969

Wonderful set, Faveral! Worth every penny even at full price, but extra nice with the added discount.

I have just about everything you've made so I was very happy when I saw the extra discount email - though you might mention to Daz to include the "discount shows once in the cart" in their mailings. ;) It would save some confusion.

Thanks for another fabulous Faveral set!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Thanks Faveral - both for the item but also for the explanation; I'll send in a ticket to DAZ :)

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Curiouser and curiouser. The discount happened automatically for me. Not sure what I did but it worked.

Thanks for yet another lovely set. As an anglaise who has spent much time in France I'm very happy. All I need now is a Jean Gabin morph.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

Looks pretty good 'out of the box' with Reality/Lux. But Lux threw an error that might be worth noting:
    [2012-12-30 11:28:57 Error: 43] Shape #23 (plymesh): Inconsistent vertex winding in mesh, aborting subdivision.

Shape #23 is the 'Cobble1' region.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Very nice set - would love to see an add-on or two... maybe a construction kit type of idea? (but then, I always want to have my cake and eat it too!)

Here's a render done via the Reality plug-in for DAZ Studio - top image is the original render (with tag added post render), followed by a couple of post worked variants.

Incidentally, for anybody interested that's using Reality, the glow effect in original render was achieved via Bloom Settings (in the Lens Effects tab): Amount 0.18 and Radius 0.07 ...the skydome was from the Skies of Economy set, but dialed down to 0.39 to get a "proper" night feel to scene.

Faubourg_04_Vintage_Damaged.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 580K
    Faubourg_03_Vintage.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 548K
    Faubourg_02_Twighlight.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 572K
    Faubourg_01_original_Reality_render.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 817K
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Somehow this thread didn't show up in 'new posts' till today for me. Beautiful piece Faveral and very nice render Jabba :)