The Snow Bikini Complaint Thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686
    edited December 1969

Does oil ruin shoes? or just give them some bad smell? Anyway who is going around smelling people's feet?
    Oil somehow got spilled on my shoes. Not car oil but cooking oil. OH by the way I need an oil change.

hopez the trans-fat doesn't osmose through feets :blink:

I washed the shoes with shampoo and mouth wash. I also wear socks while wearing the shoes.

gargle blaster mouthwash? minty fresh?

:idea: a dish washing liquid might be better to break down the oil into oblivion molecules.

if living cells just constantly divide, does that mean the first cell is still here?

life also die. Cells die, tissue dies, organs die and so on.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Complaint: IHOP (International House of Pancakes) Restaurants are only in the US. All 50 states and Washington D.C. This would actually make them the National House of Pancakes. When I pointed this out to the day shift manager, I was told that the food items were the "International" part. You know, Belgian waffles, etc. I still find this misleading. McDonalds is more properly international and they don't even use it in their name.

Wouldn't Texas count as a second country?

Give us time... :smirk:

remember the Alamo!

edited December 1969

Does oil ruin shoes? or just give them some bad smell? Anyway who is going around smelling people's feet?
    Oil somehow got spilled on my shoes. Not car oil but cooking oil. OH by the way I need an oil change.

I washed the shoes with shampoo and mouth wash. I also wear socks while wearing the shoes.

gargle blaster mouthwash? minty fresh?

:idea: a dish washing liquid might be better to break down the oil into oblivion molecules.

if living cells just constantly divide, does that mean the first cell is still here?

life also die. Cells die, tissue dies, organs die and so on.

giant recycle process.

i think, ... crude oil is recycled dinosaur pee. not sure where i read that

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

giant recycle process.

Recycled Dinosaurs.. pee and all

edited December 2012

Rareth said:

giant recycle process.

Recycled Dinosaurs.. pee and all

rememberi Dinosaurs tv series? Bob LaBrea tee hee

"not the momma"

nottheMomma.jpg
    720 x 540 - 219K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

the Ostrich is on sale.

Noggins store never goes on sale. Frustrating.

edited December 1969

I am trying to make a facebook artist page but I just started today.

edited December 2012

ugh, weight management oatmeal. bought it by accident. diet oatmeal. yuck. didn't know there was such a thing, wasn't alert to watch for the fine print this morning. had less than 10 minutes to go into the supey market and run for the bus.

i haz 4 hours to finish spreadsheet charts. why do i always wait for the last minute?

4 day weekend. yayy. starting 4 day weekend with a stop at Dunkin Donuts. the pretties with the sprinkles. yumma

ddonuts.png
    579 x 520 - 388K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ugh.

Dead here at the office, almost everyone took today off. Very quiet. The heat has been turned up so it's also toasty warm.

Sssssssssssssllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppy now. Snzzzz....

3 large coffees and I still feel like napping under the desk! Argh! :ahhh:

Can't do much in my temporary place as my 21in monitor isn't there and there's no room to put it if I went and got it. Meh. PPro on a 15in display is miserable.

Cold, damp, blech outside. I'd go home but I need the money. Looks like I'll spend New Years Eve online, in chat. Unless the local honky-tonk is going to be open.. I need to go check! :bug:

Time for even more coffee...

Ugh.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 2012

...4 day weekend. yayy. starting 4 day weekend with a stop at Dunkin Donuts. the pretties with the sprinkles. yumma

mmmmm... chocolate doughnuts _with_ sprinklies :9... *noms quietly* ^_^

@Wooly: solved that second bug yet?

Post edited by M F M on
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    ...4 day weekend. yayy. starting 4 day weekend with a stop at Dunkin Donuts. the pretties with the sprinkles. yumma

Yeah, nailed it yesterday about an hour before the factory shut down for the day. What a pain! Nasty, crappy, amateur code.. feh! The bloody idiot used hardcoded constants and cut-and-pasted the things all over, so when the protocol changed by ONE BYTE the wholoe system collapsed. Nothing like having to dig through 45000 lines of really badly written Perl code, changing only specific instances of 0x1E to 0x1F. But it's working (for now), though I gave my boo a real complain-o-gram in email about what happened, and why it's going to keep happening until this hopeless dreck is re-written.

Speaking of FEH, my landlady emailed me and told me the electrician and insurance adjuster looked over the place, and the wiring is shot all over! This means WEEKS of work to get it back, not just a few days! So my temporary situation is now.. less temporary. :shut: This, needless to say, blows.

Fortunately the landlady Has A Plan(tm) such that I'll stay housed with minimal moving. There's a far larger room in the main house, the person in that (PhD student doing work at the University of Texas) is moving out in March, so I'll be shifting to that room, She's getting a storage unit and I get part of it to put my stuff in until the room opens up. I may end up just living in the front house, the landlady and I are discussing it - it'd work for me. Especially since the rework of the back house is going to be MAJOR! Replace the wood flooring, opoen the walls and replace the wiring, possibly some structural reinforcement.. it could be a LONG time before it's inhabitable.

Dishonored Ex-Housemate has been told to find someplace else to live. Hopefully far, far away as I'm not sure I can resist the desire to choke him forever...! :snake:

Guess it's time to get a laptop with a 17in screen, I think Poser will be usable on that. Feh.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning *waves* Cool and soft-lit day under a luminous stone-grey sky here :)

edited December 1969

I took a nap today. Must have been tired.

edited December 1969

Helicopters are having a noisy party in the sky over our street, swooping and clacking like a flock of giant black and red seagulls chasing waves, Needz earmuffs !

edited December 1969

I was having problems with primitives that came with 2012 and the tile I was working with. Not sure what I did wrong.

edited December 1969

moan. no feel good. no FFVIII tnite.

snow is comin.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Helicopters are having a noisy party in the sky over our street, swooping and clacking like a flock of giant black and red seagulls chasing waves, Needz earmuffs !

Same thing is happening in my neighborhood. I think there is a military drill of some sort going on.

I went to the an ATM to check the balance of my pre-paid card but it was out of order. I had to use another ATM. I just notice that the ATMs have American Express' logo on it. So I guess American Express makes pre-paid cards of some sort in addition to Charge Cards. I also saw the logo for Quest Network. I haven't heard of them. I only know Plus and Star and Cirrus. My Visa card has Cirrus on the back. But Cirrus is part of Master Card's network. Go figure.

It was cold today. The wind was kinda blowing too. Ok, I gotta go eat dinner now.

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

M F M said:

Yeah, nailed it yesterday about an hour before the factory shut down for the day. What a pain! Nasty, crappy, amateur code.. feh! The bloody idiot used hardcoded constants and cut-and-pasted the things all over, so when the protocol changed by ONE BYTE the wholoe system collapsed. Nothing like having to dig through 45000 lines of really badly written Perl code, changing only specific instances of 0x1E to 0x1F. But it's working (for now), though I gave my boo a real complain-o-gram in email about what happened, and why it's going to keep happening until this hopeless dreck is re-written.

Speaking of FEH, my landlady emailed me and told me the electrician and insurance adjuster looked over the place, and the wiring is shot all over! This means WEEKS of work to get it back, not just a few days! So my temporary situation is now.. less temporary. :shut: This, needless to say, blows.

Fortunately the landlady Has A Plan(tm) such that I'll stay housed with minimal moving. There's a far larger room in the main house, the person in that (PhD student doing work at the University of Texas) is moving out in March, so I'll be shifting to that room, She's getting a storage unit and I get part of it to put my stuff in until the room opens up. I may end up just living in the front house, the landlady and I are discussing it - it'd work for me. Especially since the rework of the back house is going to be MAJOR! Replace the wood flooring, opoen the walls and replace the wiring, possibly some structural reinforcement.. it could be a LONG time before it's inhabitable.

Dishonored Ex-Housemate has been told to find someplace else to live. Hopefully far, far away as I'm not sure I can resist the desire to choke him forever...! :snake:

Guess it's time to get a laptop with a 17in screen, I think Poser will be usable on that. Feh.

If the wiring was really in that bad of shape, he may have done you a bit of a service by getting it looked into before it took out your expensive gear.

edited December 1969

moan. no feel good. no FFVIII tnite.

snow is comin.

*hugs* Pretty much the opposite here, warming up and no snowmen at all, except Dr Who and the Snowmen was on TV :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Same thing is happening in my neighborhood. I think there is a military drill of some sort going on.

I went to the an ATM to check the balance of my pre-paid card but it was out of order. I had to use another ATM. I just notice that the ATMs have American Express' logo on it. So I guess American Express makes pre-paid cards of some sort in addition to Charge Cards. I also saw the logo for Quest Network. I haven't heard of them. I only know Plus and Star and Cirrus. My Visa card has Cirrus on the back. But Cirrus is part of Master Card's network. Go figure.

It was cold today. The wind was kinda blowing too. Ok, I gotta go eat dinner now.

Think it is only a worry if all the Helicopters are back ones :)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Put them in a bag with cornstarch from the baking section of the grocery store. Shake well. Leave in cornstarch overnight to absorb the oil. Brush off oil/cornstarch before wearing.

edited December 1969

Hey good tip :)

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 2012

Aiko3 drop... worth sending her over to the A3 appreciation thread?

a3-mulberry-lotus003.png
    512 x 1024 - 678K
    Post edited by M F M on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...new fridge finally arrived. Can finally plan a real grocery trip again and not have to deal with restaurants & takeout. Also able to close the kitchen window and stop living in a refrigerator just to keep a few more of the expensive foodstuffs from going bad (average temp in my place has been about 41°).

....urgh, high school sports on the local ESPN affiliate again. Last three consecutive nights have been HS BB broadcasts.

Love The Bob Valvano show but because of the local HS crap, it has been preempted for the past couple weeks.

Really don't care for Fox Sports Radio because all their announcers try to sound like "sports shock jocks" (yelling & screaming all the time) and seem to talk about everything except sports. If I wanted to listen to Rupert Murdoch's brand of Politik, I'd dial up the local Fox News affiliate.

Also, may not have to move after all. Landlady thinks she may have found a loophole. There will be a bit of a change since the main house will be rented out to someone else and my utilities can't be billed separate (which means it will go up a bit) but even so, it will still cost much less than many of the places I have been looking at that don't include utilities.

...and I get to stay in a really nice neighbourhood.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

M F M said:

...I'd say so.
    edited December 1969

M F M said:

Oh yes:)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...new fridge finally arrived. Can finally plan a real grocery trip again and not have to deal with restaurants & takeout. Also able to close the kitchen window and stop living in a refrigerator just to keep a few more of the expensive foodstuffs from going bad (average temp in my place has been about 41°).

....urgh, high school sports on the local ESPN affiliate again. Last three consecutive nights have been HS BB broadcasts.

Love The Bob Valvano show but because of the local HS crap, it has been preempted for the past couple weeks.

Really don't care for Fox Sports Radio because all their announcers try to sound like "sports shock jocks" (yelling & screaming all the time) and seem to talk about everything except sports. If I wanted to listen to Rupert Murdoch's brand of Politik, I'd dial up the local Fox News affiliate.

Also, may not have to move after all. Landlady thinks she may have found a loophole. There will be a bit of a change since the main house will be rented out to someone else and my utilities can't be billed separate (which means it will go up a bit) but even so, it will still cost much less than many of the places I have been looking at that don't include utilities.

...and I get to stay in a really nice neighbourhood.

That is good news. :)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 2012

Complaint: Think I might have an "All night and day and most of the next night" sort of render on my claws here. And I think it's because I accidentally put a rather hefty displacement on a pretty big terrain without realizing it, but I'm too terrified to stop the render and check ^_^;

So far it's been a few hours and it's yet to finish the Prepass. Not a good sign :O
    (Vue by the way)

A couple of WIPs...

leap_wip02.jpg
    700 x 580 - 105K
    leap_wip01.jpg
    800 x 450 - 28K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Like the one jumping from a rock, very fearsome :)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

^_^ Thanks~

I think it is the render settings pulling something... I checked the background terrain and there isn't any displacement on it... I even enabled depth of field and used the preset Final quality setting and it rendered in 17min

leap_wip03.jpg
    425 x 600 - 43K
This discussion has been closed.