New Carrara product in store

Frank__Frank__ Posts: 302
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Didn't saw this mentioned anywhere and almost missed it:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/valle-alpina

Was already mentioned as an upcoming product in one of the threads on Howie.

Comments

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Howies scenes are incredible! they are what inspired me to purchase Carrara and learn it. Thanks Howie for such beautiful work.

• RealtimeRealtime Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

simply amazing!

Howie needs to become the digital Bob Ross.

PhilW has his instructionals on availible through infinite skills (I use the app on my Ipad).

I would buy your instructionals!

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

I am now up to date on all my Howie purchases! Thanks!

My CPUs will be leaking silicon all weekend doing renders. :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,816
    edited December 1969

LOL, ok, all my leaves etc loaded from default installer but these are wrong, what leaves SHOULD it be I wonder? more pine bristles like the others?

Untitled.jpg
    1909 x 1069 - 508K
    edited December 1969

I browsed and found the right ones dunno if is just in the beta but Daz installer puts in the wrong place

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Realtime said:
    simply amazing!

Howie needs to become the digital Bob Ross.

PhilW has his instructionals on availible through infinite skills (I use the app on my Ipad).

I would buy your instructionals!

I have PhilW's tutorials too...they are fantastic. would love for Howie to put the info on how he creates his scenes into a tutorial. what he does in Carrara is amazing.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,223
    edited December 1969

I browsed and found the right ones dunno if is just in the beta but Daz installer puts in the wrong place
    Don't you usually have to install leaves separately from within Carrara? His (and mmoir's) instructions usually tell you to (and how to) do this.
    edited December 1969

most of Howies work out the box actually but Daz installed the whole folder wrong

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

The folder that it installs every thing in is called:

vallealpina

The online Read Me documentation mentions the scene is in that folder and the File List it shows that as the folder it installed everything into.

edited December 1969

most of Howies work out the box actually but Daz installed the whole folder wrong

I am inclined to agree here. I have been getting caught-up on my runtime installs and Valle Alpina did not show-up in my Browser Scenes. I am giving the install another whirl now; I'll have Process Monitor watching my folders to be sure there is disk activity where it should be.

edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    would love for Howie to put the info on how he creates his scenes into a tutorial. what he does in Carrara is amazing.

Echo that thought! A tutorial like that would be an amazing bit of Carrara education. Although Howie rules the landscape scene market...does he really want to let the unwashed masses into his playing field? ;)

edited December 1969

My hero Mark Russinovich saves the day again. SysInternals Process Monitor quickly showed me what happened during the install.

Most Carrara scenes, Howie's past work, PhilW's work, etc. got installed to: H:\Daz3D\Carrara8\Scenes

Valle Alpina got installed to: H:\Daz3D\Carrara8\vallealpina

Yep, Daz buggered up the installer program.

edited December 1969

LOL, ok, all my leaves etc loaded from default installer but these are wrong, what leaves SHOULD it be I wonder? more pine bristles like the others?

I am seeing even weirder issues Wendy.

For example, the saved camera "Position 1" ought to have rendered a vista not unlike the previews of the scene. Instead, I got "lost in the forest." This seems to be happening with all the saved camera positions so far (working on render #3). I'll try to capture some screenshots of this oddity later.

edited December 1969

yes. has correct data sub-folder but is not in scenes, I had to manually add it,
    my cameras ok though
    still rendering my big 12000 x 6000 fish eye, might be 2 days by looks.

Untitled.jpg
    1895 x 1079 - 687K
    edited December 2012

yes. has correct data sub-folder but is not in scenes, I had to manually add it,
    my cameras ok though

It must still be too early for my brain and the coffee hasn't kicked in yet. I'm not following you on the way to correct this.

If the attachments worked; I should be showing the Assembly Room when set to saved Position 4 (a view of the creek, conifers trees on either side and the gorgeous mountain background). Then is the render from that view...

Edit: UGH! The attachments aren't taking for some reason and I'm not thinking clearly enough to figure out why yet... :smirk:

Post edited by Garstor on
    edited December 2012

as I now have still 11 hours left at 71% and 26 hours have elapsed I can safely say I will not be able to look at what is what for a while yet!!! %-P
    the 11 hours never reduces because the scene gets more detailed as you reach the bottom so the estimation is severely under calculated.
    I think I can safely say it will take 2 days with my computer running flatchack GPU and RAM wise!
    I certainly will not be doing any panos from other co-ordinates ;-P
    this will be my go to shadowcatch plane spherical background for any animations I do involving camera movent albeit ball joint!
    may render a few 1920 x1080 background from other positions as well one week!!
    honestly cannot see myself putting things in the scene and rendering!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

38 hours later, my render is finished

edited December 1969

Yeah, certainly not meant for the speedy animation render scene! ;)
    Hats off to you Wendy - where you get the patience, I'll never know!

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

My eyes just caught on fire ... but I can't stop watching! :lol:

Seriously though Wendy; I am actually jealous that you could make a useful render of Valle Alpina. I still haven't figured out why mine is so screwed up.

edited December 1969

still an odd leaf, cannot find it to replace, gone through all the trees

river000.gif
    1920 x 1300 - 4M
    edited December 1969

did eventually find the stray leaves hidden in replicared trees, apparently the master ones do not control the lot!
    but
    here is the odd thing, it loads correctly in C8.1 if I put the leaf folder in a couple of different folders (unsure exactly which one of two fixes it)
    but not C8.5

edited December 1969

did eventually find the stray leaves hidden in replicared trees, apparently the master ones do not control the lot!
    but
    here is the odd thing, it loads correctly in C8.1 if I put the leaf folder in a couple of different folders (unsure exactly which one of two fixes it)
    but not C8.5

Wendy, how did you structure the folders on your drive? I'm still having terrible issues with Valle Alpina and I'd really love to add it to my collection of Howie renders...

Thanks!

edited December 1969

but
    but not C8.5

I haven't been having issues, but also haven't had much tree time lately - but some. But one of the things mentioned in the beta thread is that plant primitives may behave differently (no specifics listed) which is a know issue and is being looked into.
    Just thought I'd mention, just in case it helps you figure it out? ;)
    edited December 1969

garstor, wish I could be more specific but basically copied and pasted plants in several likely folders, no idea which one actually worked in C8.1 had to manually change leaves in beta

edited December 1969

garstor, wish I could be more specific but basically copied and pasted plants in several likely folders, no idea which one actually worked in C8.1 had to manually change leaves in beta

Thanks. I'm still using C8.1 since, like Holly, I have zero interest in Genesis for the foreseeable future. I guess I'll uninstall Valle Alpina and give another whirl...