Textures for the Genesis Morphing Fantasy Dress

RebeccaSanRebeccaSan Posts: 0
edited June 2012 in The Commons

Hello all,

I'm thinking about getting the Genesis MFD, but I was wondering if the textures that are available for the V4 MFD can be used with the Genesis version.

I've already purchased the G-Suit and was quite impressed, so I figured it was time to expand the wardrobe.

Thanks,

Brian.

PS, would it make more sense to get the V4 MFD instead? Is it compatible with Genesis? Thanks.

Post edited by RebeccaSan on

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

The textures for the V4 MFD are also compatable with the Genesis MFD

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Textures for the V4 (or V3) MFD will work on the Genesis MFD. I would advise getting the Genesis version rather than autofitting the V4 version, because long skirts are a problem.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

IMHO you're better off with Genesis version, if you mainly use DAZ Studio. Better fits than just plain V4 MFD.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,142
    edited December 1969

If you only plan to use the MFD on Genesis and not V4, then you are probably better off with the Genesis MFD - autofit doesn't work terribly well on long dresses as yet.

If you want to use the MFD on V4, then this one won't fit properly.

If you want to use it on both, then you can get the V4 MFD and also the V4 MFD Unimesh fits, which includes a Genesis version as well as fits for S4/A4/etc - this is the best of both worlds, but of course will cost you more to buy 2 products instead of 1.

Hope this helps.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

There are a TONNE Of MFD Textures over at ShareCG.

Just go to ShareCG.com and type in MFD into the search engine and you'll come up with them! And they're DARN GOOD ones!

• RebeccaSanRebeccaSan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks to everyone for the info. Looks like I'll be getting the Genesis MFD. I expect most of my work will be with Genesis and DS4.