THE 4TH ANNUAL WINTER WONDERLAND contest/challenge

Comments

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

I've wanted to host for a long time now, but...I'm terrified that, what with my screwy work schedule that changes from minuet to minuet, that I would fall behind or fall off all together and just not be able to keep up. Okay, so that's a hopelessly lame excuse, but the last thing I'd ever want to do is disappoint everybody here because I couldn't hold up my end of things. Maybe my situation will improve later in the New Year, but I'm not holding out much hope. It's difficult to muster the energy to oversee a challenge after putting in 10 or 12 hour days that alternate between mind-numbing taskwork and screaming hysterics. But in this economy, wadda'mi gonna do?

We can cover for you and help out LG. you should take a month... Chicken..... Chicken.....

edited December 2012

I've wanted to host for a long time now, but...I'm terrified that, what with my screwy work schedule that changes from minuet to minuet, that I would fall behind or fall off all together and just not be able to keep up. Okay, so that's a hopelessly lame excuse, but the last thing I'd ever want to do is disappoint everybody here because I couldn't hold up my end of things. Maybe my situation will improve later in the New Year, but I'm not holding out much hope. It's difficult to muster the energy to oversee a challenge after putting in 10 or 12 hour days that alternate between mind-numbing taskwork and screaming hysterics. But in this economy, wadda'mi gonna do?

We can help out while you can't LG, you should do a month....chicken,chicken......

Post edited by jeeperz on
    edited December 1969

Damn double posts

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

LOL! Yep, Really though LG if Jade, who has not played at the contest in years, can jump in I know Da real Man what noz da place inwordz and da uder way too can handle it.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Well, I finally have my piece done.

Christmas Party

Santa was making his rounds
    one Christmas Eve Night,
    When down the chimney he came
    to the most unusual sight.

For there before his eyes
    at this Christmas party,
    was a swashbuckler, a smuggler,
    a soldier, a singer, and a shinobi.

There was two techies, a tomboy,
    and a tiny tot too.
    "Ho, Ho, Ho", he said,
    "Oh what an interesting crew!"

Then having given his gifts
    he dashed out of sight,
    with a "Merry Christmas to all,
    And to all a good night!"

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=40814_DJonihEfNQ47oq0qQYIc&thumb=1&board_id=1

What a cool image! And good story.

Dana

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 2012

I've heard of JK Rowling, but who's this JK Dorseyland person, and why does he spend so much time flat on his face?

Tramp, great render! Love that blonde on the left. So does the guy with the laptop -- I can tell.

Ashley has silver hair (and chrome eyes). The blonde is Tommie (the girl in blue on the love-seat with the Japanese guy). The boy with the computer is her little brother, Jesse; he's a total computer geek (read hacker). He's actually looking at the baby's reaction to Santa.

This piece really taxed my computer's resources. I am here to tell you.

Thanks for the link Dolly. I wasn't sure if that set was still free, or if there was a separate source for just the hair. updated the list.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just came back from dialysis & I had to wade through 3 inches of snow to get to the front door of my building. Funny thing was; there was no snow on the ground four hours ago & it wasn't snowing at that time.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    Just came back from dialysis & I had to wade through 3 inches of snow to get to the front door of my building. Funny thing was; there was no snow on the ground four hours ago & it wasn't snowing at that time.

Dang don't you just hate that. Mother Nature is at it again. Hey now there would be a fun challenge subject.

@jeeperz and TG your welcome. Music said us judges were suppose to help out by checking links. finally got there ahead of you.

edited December 2012

speaking of snow.... this is what we did on Christmas day. the grandson helped with the lady, and my daughter decided the guys didn't have a clue how to dress a lady so she took over.

snowman.jpg
    2000 x 1127 - 424K
    Post edited by jeeperz on
  • DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Love that blonde on the left. So does the guy with the laptop -- I can tell.

The boy with the computer is her little brother. He's actually looking at the baby's reaction to Santa.

You can put all the I'll-be-good-for-Christmas spin you want on it, Tramp, but I know what I see. That guy's got lust in his heart and some great pix to upload.

Chistmas-Party2.jpg
    953 x 421 - 78K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    Ah a fellow Dialysis person. Now I know I'm truly at home.
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Whew! Got back last night after a trip home to Tennessee and slogging through the great Midwestern Blizzard of 2012, which was an adventure unto itself. Good to see everybody so active and posting great renders despite the atmospheric chaos throughout the nation. Thanks for the kind show of support about my taking on the awesome responsibility of hosting a challenge. I'm working on some logistical considerations as to how to go about this and I'll keep everybody posted as to my progress. There might be a few surprises hidden away in the wings...

edited December 1969

The boy with the computer is her little brother. He's actually looking at the baby's reaction to Santa.

You can put all the I'll-be-good-for-Christmas spin you want on it, Tramp, but I know what I see. That guy's got lust in his heart and some great pix to upload.

yeah BEAVER SHOT for sure

edited December 1969

Jeeperz, you pervert! I was thinking the kid's in love and has merely grabbed some shots of a very pretty girl to upload to Facebook (for all his pervert friends).

edited December 1969

yeah, my mind does tend to go straight to the gutter some times. but you gotta admit, lust = looking up her skirt, after all..... she has her legs up so high, you know she's being a tease to the poor guy..... LOL NOW everyone has to admit... I;m not the ONLY one who took it that way????? am I????

edited December 2012

jeeperz said:
    yeah, my mind does tend to go straight to the gutter some times. but you gotta admit, lust = looking up her skirt, after all..... she has her legs up so high, you know she's being a tease to the poor guy..... LOL NOW everyone has to admit... I;m not the ONLY one who took it that way????? am I????

jeeperz, you were subliminally guided by that JK Dorseyland guy. It is not your fault he did it! :P

Post edited by DollyGirl on
    edited December 1969

Thanks dollygirl, I feel better now

edited December 1969

Subliminally?? And there's that JK Dorseyland guy again. What am I missing?

jeeperz said:
    I;m not the ONLY one who took it that way????? am I????

Uh, well ... no.

edited December 1969

Subliminally?? And there's that JK Dorseyland guy again. What am I missing?.

A mirror?

edited December 1969

ok... why do I keep getting error messages when I try to post

edited December 1969

Subliminally?? And there's that JK Dorseyland guy again. What am I missing?

jeeperz said:
    I;m not the ONLY one who took it that way????? am I????

Uh, well ... no.

I knew you were a fellow gutter mind

edited December 2012

jeeperz said:
    Ashley's no tease she's a full-blown s...

She wouldn't be teasing him anyway though. Jesse's only 14.

Seriously though, Jesse's eyes are aimed at the baby, just like everyone else in the scene.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:

Seriously though, Jesse's eyes are aimed at the baby, just like everyone else in the scene.

OK. ;-) :lol:

Dana

edited December 2012

DanaTA said:
    jeeperz said:

OK. ;-) :lol:

Dana Well, Ashley's favorite saying is "So many men, so little time." :coolgrin:

• edited December 1969

I'm having trouble with the stocking portion of the Christmas Past Study. It needs the SantaSack,obj, but that isn't included. The link above gives a santabag.obj, but that doesn't work.
    Please help?

edited December 1969

Which link are you looking for Shego, welcome to the insanity by the way

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:

If you insist...

canadian-beaver-68138.jpg
    500 x 524 - 89K
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    jeeperz said:

If you insist...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ROFLMAO!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    jeeperz said:

If you insist...

OMG my eyes my eyes.... LOL that's a funny one rob

• edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    Which link are you looking for Shego, welcome to the insanity by the way

Thanks for the welcome. It's was THIS LINK:
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=15332 Santa sack