Real dumb question; will V5/M5 work in Poser 6?

marcizmarciz Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Are the new "5" figures compatible with Poser 6? I see the importer for Poser is v9 and up.

Furthermore, are v5/m5 worth the money? (Are they any better.)

Thanks...

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

No. DSON requires at least Poser 9 with SR3.

• marcizmarciz Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well, I guess the party's over then, eh? I just didn't like where Poser went after 6--new company--interface changes, etc. Oh well,
    maybe I should learn DAZ's program then....

Thanks.

edited December 2012

I am currently using Poser 8, and although it is not quite the same I am getting along with it. Still can't use Genesis though, but I am getting along fine with all the V4 and M4 stuff I already have to use.

On the other hand DS4.5 is free currently, so a good time to try, to see if you can get along with it

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/software/daz-studio-4/daz-studio-4-pro

Post edited by Chohole on
  • VolcanicMinkVolcanicMink Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am also in Poser 8. Could you please tell me where do you load V4 and M4 to be able to access them in the Poser library? Haven't had good luck with this. On a PC.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

marciz said:
    Well, I guess the party's over then, eh? I just didn't like where Poser went after 6--new company--interface changes, etc. Oh well,
    maybe I should learn DAZ's program then....

Thanks.

After using Poser, Daz Studio will take a lot of getting used to, but I can't stress enough that the change is worth it. The interface is very different to what you'll be used to and you'll notice significant differences in the render engine and the way materials are sorted out, but it's a very powerful and worthwhile piece of kit.

Of course, there are many people here who know a great deal about Daz Studio and they are extremely helpful, so the transition from Poser to DS will be as painless as we can make it for you if you decide to join us.

Take care,
    Barry.

edited December 1969

I am also in Poser 8. Could you please tell me where do you load V4 and M4 to be able to access them in the Poser library? Haven't had good luck with this. On a PC.

Hmm, I actually can't tell you how to load them directly into Poser 8, as I saved my old Poser 6 runetime and then used it as an additional runtime for P8, so they were already set up for me.

I will try, and see if anyone is around who can help,

edited December 1969

Hey thanks all.

But I'm wondering...when I go to buy content, it seems that the majority of private content providers do not design for DAZ studio.

I've a vague notion that there are apps that can translate a scene file--for instance-- into whatever program you need them in.
    That is, if you're not doing your own hair and clothes and scenery, etc.. I mean, I have a good deal invested in my Poser/V4 stuff. So I'd want to be able to use some of it in DAZ...but I know that's likely a pipe dream.... :)

Yeah I think V4 is pretty good already, in total. So I"m still wondering if V5/M5 are any better in any substantial way.

M

edited December 1969

Most 3rd party Poser content will work in Poser, If the texturing depends on node based shaders from the mat room then the textures may not, but anything with jpg based textures will work, although the settings may need tweaking to be optimal in DS.

edited December 1969

Cool...I will take it into consideration...dont' know what version of DS I have (3?), never use it.

• VolcanicMinkVolcanicMink Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DS 4.5 is free right now...

edited December 1969

Yes, and If you want to take advantage of V5 in DS you will need DS4.5

edited December 1969

Thanks all for all the helpful info... If I get going on DS I'll most likely be back.

edited December 1969

Good luck with that. You are a braver man than I Gunga Din