Star Trek Builders Unite 2 "Renderings on the Edge of Forever"

Comments

• jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

Jag,

You have that bridge looking pretty dang sweet! Looking forward to seeing T'Pol lounging in the Captains chair soon.

That thought never crossed my mind :-P :-) Honest !!!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

The little ship has it then. I may not have time to work on it again until the weekend but when its finished it will appear on my DA account as the modeler does not mind where I have it hosted.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    The little ship has it then. I may not have time to work on it again until the weekend but when its finished it will appear on my DA account as the modeler does not mind where I have it hosted.

Ah, I always wondered why you put your conversions up in different places.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Ah, I always wondered why you put your conversions up in different places.

Foundation3D has a rule that if you get it from there, you can convert and reup without asking.

Raul Mamoru only submits to Trekmeshes so out of respect I only submit his back to trekmehses

If a model is already in two different locations I sometimes try to match it.

And with DA, David Metlesits submits his own there so any of his that I convert from now on will go back there for easy linking

I plan to put the rest of his that I converted there as well for convience.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

Paul, you most certainly push the boundaries of the song "Dude looks like a lady"! Great piece of work and I have to say that I have never seen guys looks so hot before.

Well, my character, Cassy, is like that as well. I don't know the andorian backstory, but Cassy was born as she was.

Whenever I try to attach more than one picture, it causes my browser to crash, what's up with that?

Gym7.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 487K
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

What's the file size of your pics? I try to keep mine under 200KB and I can usually upload about 3 pics per post on most sites. Try saving them for the Web.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    What's the file size of your pics? I try to keep mine under 200KB and I can usually upload about 3 pics per post on most sites. Try saving them for the Web.

I don't know, but when I try to attach a second or a third picture, the browser just vanishes with no warning.

anyhow, Cassy with her human wife, Luna, an albino Brazilian girl. Cassy once had an on again/off again thing with Robert April, who's a lot more enigmatic in my stories than the 'official' version.

Luna_and_Cassy_2.jpg
    1030 x 870 - 571K
  • ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Beautiful image; I particularly like the jewelry. One note, however: having seen a brother and sister albino pair back in about 1974 (at my first SF convention), I can tell you the skin is quite pale, their hair was white, and the eyes are pink. I can't remember clearly, but I think the iris was colorless and the pupils were pink. You might see if there are some reference photos online that show eye details.

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

I'm going to try to have this packaged up and posted by the new year - a new center wall, wall lighting, 2-person desk and twin-size beds (with nightstands that have opening drawers) for the "Starship Cabin" that turn it into a 2-person junior officers' quarters. I had some issues with a hard drive, so I'm having to redo some minor pieces of the package. Users will need to have the original set; the mattresses and pillows are from the "Starship Pilot Quarters" (Pike's quarters in "The Cage") but I'm thinking of also including them in this add-on, just to make it easier to use. The other furniture (bridge chair, Barcelona chair, wall art) aren't included.

The lights have ambient settings, but I also used low-intensity point lights so the image was less splotchy from IDL, and so I could get some shadows.

you_ll_enjoy_dorm_life_by_ptrope-d5obhyr.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 244K
    edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    I'm going to try to have this packaged up and posted by the new year - a new center wall, wall lighting, 2-person desk and twin-size beds (with nightstands that have opening drawers) for the "Starship Cabin" that turn it into a 2-person junior officers' quarters. I had some issues with a hard drive, so I'm having to redo some minor pieces of the package. Users will need to have the original set; the mattresses and pillows are from the "Starship Pilot Quarters" (Pike's quarters in "The Cage") but I'm thinking of also including them in this add-on, just to make it easier to use. The other furniture (bridge chair, Barcelona chair, wall art) aren't included.

The lights have ambient settings, but I also used low-intensity point lights so the image was less splotchy from IDL, and so I could get some shadows.

Great! I need new furniture for book 9.

edited December 2012

Thalek said:
    Beautiful image; I particularly like the jewelry. One note, however: having seen a brother and sister albino pair back in about 1974 (at my first SF convention), I can tell you the skin is quite pale, their hair was white, and the eyes are pink. I can't remember clearly, but I think the iris was colorless and the pupils were pink. You might see if there are some reference photos online that show eye details.

She's not my character, she's one an online friend made. I just went with what she told me. Hair being either white or light blonde, and eyes being of an olive color.

Happy_Couple.jpg
    765 x 870 - 450K
    Post edited by TheCastellan on
    edited December 1969

Fair enough.

edited December 1969

And now for something rather different, even off-topic, despite the huge amount of use Star Trek got out of time travel . . .

TimeMachineSaloon03B.jpg
    1147 x 792 - 110K
  • crownlioncrownlion Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

Ptrope i like the look you got there. i have been looking i dont believe there was any kind of enlited style room in tos i was just curious i think i recall somthing from the movies. does anyone have a possible screen shot from tos for low rank crewman.

edited December 1969

crownlion said:
    Ptrope i like the look you got there. i have been looking i dont believe there was any kind of enlited style room in tos i was just curious i think i recall somthing from the movies. does anyone have a possible screen shot from tos for low rank crewman.

"Charlie X"- Yeoman Rand's quarters were the closest we saw for regular crewpersons- and it had the same lay-out as Kirk's cabin- which was to be expected since it was the same set- just redressed and filmed from a different angle.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,580
    edited December 1969

Landing Party...Aftermath

Based upon TimG's idea of using the briefing room interior to depict a medical ward, I decided to depict the grim aftermath of a tragic landing party. I positioned and scaled the free homicide sheet from 3D-Universe and applied the same texture used upon the recovery bed "mattress". I also tried to stage the vivid "theatrical" lighting used in the earlier TOS episodes.

Sincerely,

Bill

Trek-Morgue-J-1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 69K
    edited December 1969

Redfern said:

Based upon TimG's idea of using the briefing room interior to depict a medical ward, I decided to depict the grim aftermath of a tragic landing party. I positioned and scaled the free homicide sheet from 3D-Universe and applied the same texture used upon the recovery bed "mattress". I also tried to stage the vivid "theatrical" lighting used in the earlier TOS episodes.

Sincerely,

Bill

That looks great. What morph did you use for Spock? The one for M3?

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Good job! Me likes!

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    What morph did you use for Spock? The one for M3?

It was sculpted for the venerable Michael 2 by either Porthos or StalRatte (I'm not sure which). I modified it slightly and applied it to the Michael2P4 figure designed to wear "The Dork's" clothes. (Thus he's wearing XCalPro's uniform for the Poser 4 Nude Male.)

Sincerely,

Bill

edited December 1969

Redfern said:
    mdbruffy said:
    What morph did you use for Spock? The one for M3?

It was sculpted for the venerable Michael 2 by either Porthos or StalRatte (I'm not sure which). I modified it slightly and applied it to the Michael2P4 figure designed to wear "The Dork's" clothes. (Thus he's wearing XCalPro's uniform for the Poser 4 Nude Male.)

Sincerely,

Bill

Like I've said before: You use what've you got and what works- no matter how old it is.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,249
    edited December 1969

Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

that looks great! nice composition, color and lighting

edited December 1969

Ran a forum search at Rendo'. StahlRatte shaped the Spock likeness.

Yeah, we have meshes with far more options nowadays, but something about StahlRatte's likeness just 'clicks" with me even if it is for an "old" figure.

Sincerely,

Bill

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Redfern said:

Something wrong here, according to the bed display, the guy's got nothing worse than a pretty bad case of dandruff...

That's an idea, has anyone thought to make one of these bed displays animatable? Maybe coloured sliding covers for the blinkenlights, and sliding little triangles for the sensor channel readouts? This Google Images search has a few good TOS examples among the later stuff.

edited December 1969

Any Trek clothes for Krystal?

edited December 1969

Any Trek clothes for Krystal?

Not that I know of. But if you've got a dress for her that comes close to the TOS uniform, you could always make the textures.

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Redfern

I'm envious as hell of the lighting in the image. That is absolutely outstanding!

Spottedkitty,

As for the Medbed scanner, I've had to take the current texture/image and mod the file in photoshop. I like the idea of sliders and such. I'd do if I had the skills, but I'm just stuck with image altering in the mean time.

-Paul

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

He's Dead Jim.

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    I'm envious as hell of the lighting in the image. That is absolutely outstanding!

Nothing fancy, they're just 4 point lights, one above each recovery bed and one at the far end of the room. I tweaked the color of three lights, dialing in the the primary hues, red, green and blue. The arches and ceiling beams threw interesting shadows.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited December 1969

I still cringe when I remember it took me an hour to render this ONE picture. >_<</p>

Akira.jpg
    1262 x 870 - 320K
  • PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

'Briefical bay' looks great, Redfern! :)

As far as the sliders, that could probably be done pretty easily with an AVI or animated GIF, I would think. You'd just need all the elements separated in a PSD so you can adjust them according to what animation you want to make.

This discussion has been closed.