Transferring Daz 3 files to new laptop - help request

tcnkk_e2d2dc4e8btcnkk_e2d2dc4e8b Posts: 15
edited December 1969 in New Users

Greetings, and Happy Holidays!

I'm not comfortable with Studio 4.5 yet, and until I can adjust it the way I like it, I prefer Studio 3. My trauma is bad enough, going from a Windows XP laptop to a Windows 8 laptop, and I just want my "stuff" back to where I can continue my learning process with Daz Studio.

I've installed the software on the new laptop (Daz Studio 3 64bit won't install on a 64bit machine, but Daz Studio 3 32bit will...?), established my content directories and found most of my content on my external hard drive, where I keep most of my DAZ/Poser content and runtime files.

However, all my "View Categories as List" info is missing, as well as custom character and custom pose information. I really don't want to spend days re-establishing my content database, but what I really don't want to lose is all of the custom poses and character info I have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited December 1969

Content Library pane option menu (click the button in the top corner, or right-click the pane's tab)>Migrate Old Content Database.

• tcnkk_e2d2dc4e8btcnkk_e2d2dc4e8b Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your reply, Richard! Is the option you're suggesting a function of Studio 3 or Studio 4, or both?

edited December 1969

Sorry, that's in Studio 4 - and you do need to have your content database for Ds3 on that machine (and a version of DS3 installed, I think - it's not a function I've ever used as I've never managed to get around to doing any categorisation).

edited December 1969

OK...then how do I get the DS3 content database files from my old laptop to my new laptop? Where would they be located, and is there an "installer" that I use, or is it a matter of cutting and pasting? Again, thanks for your time!

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Thanks! I ran the scripts, and produced a backup file...now where do I put it in Daz Studio 3 where it will find it?