3D DELIGHT RENDER (NOISY!)

donchan1donchan1 Posts: 48
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi can you give me settings in 3D delight render im not liking those noisy shadows especially when it comes to architectures, I think I prefer the raytraced (software) render than that of 3D delight because it produce much smooth and clean shadows. If you can share the render setting of 3d delight that would produce a similar effect on software raytraced render or better that would be awesome! thanks.

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited June 2012

It's a setting on each individual light, not a general render setting.

Select each of the lights in your scene, one at a time, and check the Parameters tab for the Shadow Type. Possibly not all of your lights will be set to cast shadows, but the ones showing "Deep Shadow Map" should be changed to "Raytrace (Software)". Note that the default setting gives very sharp-edged deep shadows, you might want to play around with the other shadow parameters to get the right effect.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

If you are using Uberenvironment you will need to set the settings on that

• ren-0ren-0 Posts: 1
    edited June 2012

uber enviroment was that good?

Post edited by ren-0 on
  • donchan1donchan1 Posts: 48
    edited December 1969

It's a setting on each individual light, not a general render setting.

Select each of the lights in your scene, one at a time, and check the Parameters tab for the Shadow Type. Possibly not all of your lights will be set to cast shadows, but the ones showing "Deep Shadow Map" should be changed to "Raytrace (Software)". Note that the default setting gives very sharp-edged deep shadows, you might want to play around with the other shadow parameters to get the right effect.

I think you didnt get what im trying to say, I want a setting that would mimic that of a raytraced software render because it gives off much cleaner shadow and more crisp than that of 3d delight.

I already tried the raytraced setting for render on my light and honestly its more good especially when it comes to architectural building it gives good clean shadow unlike 3d delight which gives a very noisy and very messy shadow. I want a setting on 3d delight that can mimic the good awesome render result of software (raytraced) render.

@scorpio: I havent used uber enviroment before any tutorial on using one?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

3Delight is the software renderer in DAZ Studio. The ray-tracing setting on lights refers only to how shadows are generated. Please post your Render Settings, particularly the Advanced settings (in DS4 click the little magnifying glass at lower-right of the pane), and if you are using uberEnvirnonment post your parameters for it.