Support? Charged 3 times what should have been for order....

DigitalDiva76DigitalDiva76 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Did the BOGO deal and used a coupon code.

Cart showed total to be correct, even on final review cart prior to checkout showed correct amount -

Grand Total $46.84

Order history and email shows the $46.84/

Placed order, went to look at my cc transaction and it instead shows almost triple what should have been charged.

Dec 25, 2012

Pending
Details Debit Card Signature Purchase To DAZ 3D #2,DRAPER,UT, 5CC58998GV891233X -$135.53 USD

Submitted support ticket, hope they will be back in this week to fix this between holidays? Does anyone know normal holiday support scheduled?

This is multiple times now I have been charged incorrectly when placing an order and not spare money I have to be waiting to get untied from Daz.

If anyone else is considering placing order... better be prepared for SNAFU on actual charges.

So frustrated, ruins an otherwise enjoyable shopping experience, Christmas present for myself, and makes me highly fearful of purchasing anything again from daz.... :(

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

DAZ will correct it for you. Due to the holiday it may not happen today or tomorrow, but they will fix it. I Personally have not been double charged or more in the past 8 years here though I have experianced a few hiccups here and there. The good has far out weighed the bad as far as shopping experiances go here. I know you are weary of future purchases but they will fix it for you.

• DigitalDiva76DigitalDiva76 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Daz support has been helpful in the past, it's why I have stayed in PC for couple of years and tried to keep being a customer, but it doesn't excuse a faulty shopping system. :(

Last time this happened the order I was trying to place went through 4 times (4 charges) instead of once and then never even showed up in my order history at all. Daz support could not find the order at all so couldn't refund and even suggested I place the order again (uh), and I had to have cc company remove all 4 charges which took a couple of weeks to make happen.

It's not just frustrating, its actually a hardship to have money you were not expecting to spend tied into something like that for an undetermined amount of time. At least this time the order actually shows in my cart and has the total it was supposed to have been charged. But again, I won't know how long it will be before I get that other $88 back, and that's a large amount of money (for me anyway) to have tied up anytime of the year, but esp. at Christmas time.

The cart here is just unreliable, half the time coupons don't work even on things they are supposed to. What's shown on the order page doesn't always end up matching up etc. Thanks for your reply though, I can only hope for a fast fix since my hands are otherwise tied.

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited December 2012

Daz support has been helpful in the past, it's why I have stayed in PC for couple of years and tried to keep being a customer, but it doesn't excuse a faulty shopping system. :(

Last time this happened the order I was trying to place went through 4 times (4 charges) instead of once and then never even showed up in my order history at all. Daz support could not find the order at all so couldn't refund and even suggested I place the order again (uh), and I had to have cc company remove all 4 charges which took a couple of weeks to make happen.

It's not just frustrating, its actually a hardship to have money you were not expecting to spend tied into something like that for an undetermined amount of time. At least this time the order actually shows in my cart and has the total it was supposed to have been charged. But again, I won't know how long it will be before I get that other $88 back, and that's a large amount of money (for me anyway) to have tied up anytime of the year, but esp. at Christmas time.

The cart here is just unreliable, half the time coupons don't work even on things they are supposed to. What's shown on the order page doesn't always end up matching up etc. Thanks for your reply though, I can only hope for a fast fix since my hands are otherwise tied.

I'm sorry you have had such a bad experience and I certainly understand. $88 you did NOT expect to spend can be a HUGE amount!

All I can do is echo Matty. My shopping experience at DAZ has been awesome over the years, and on those rare occasions that it was not, customer service did everything they could to resolve the problem, even when "the problem" was my fault. They've never let me down.

Hang in there. Since you have all the receipts I'm sure they will fix you right up when they return to the office.

Post edited by 3DProclivity on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

:bug: First time I've read of that happening here. One Sunday a few years ago it happened in a "real" store, "all" the debit purchases were run through twice, fault was with the store's bank in that case. So you might wish to also contact whoever issued the Debit card.

• Martin_CMartin_C Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

Well, it's a permanent problem, because the store tries it with me right now...

I've got 26 PC items in the cart, applied the Xmas coupon, so the amount is $25,74 (correct so far).

Then I go to checkout, select "store credit" (which is currently $40), and then it stops, because I "didn't supply a payment method". So, as a matter of fact, the shop tries to charge the non-discounted $51.48 without telling me.

Sorry folks, this happened now frequently - not in massive figures, but frequently. Telling the customer an amount on his/her receipt and then charging a higher amount from the CC is a complete No-Go!!! This must not happen and usually the authorities should issue a warning and shut down the business if any company tries to do that frequently.

I have been patient for many months. I stopped being so now.

• DigitalDiva76DigitalDiva76 Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

Support is looking into it, and paypal who I used my debit mastercard as cc checkout from said they would submit for the $88 back and should be in my account within 24 hrs - but that was this time yesterday and not there yet... fingers crossed.

Today is my sons 14th birthday and was supposed to use that money to pick up his cake and party stuff. :(

Also, :( -- Daz support did reply last night, but sadly and still frustratingly for me, said that the invoice on their end shows $135 and appears to be the correct amount charged... ugh... triple charges so not right ugh...

I've replied that it definitely *was / is* not the right amount, because I'm a pc memeber and order should have been $20 free for every $10. My order prior to any discounts would have been $206.43, and should have only been charged for $10 of every $30 on that. Plus used coupon code. Waiting to hear back further still....

From my calculations,
    ** Even *without* a coupon (which futher discounted the order) ** -- the amount charged should never have been more than $68.81 and would have gotten $137.62 free = $206.43 approx. and I specifically got my items from the buy and get for the BOGO (1/3 the cost of $206.43 - for every $30 in cart $10 charged (1/3 due) with $20 free (2/3 free)) with the BOGOs.

And regardless of even any of all that - every screen during checkout shown to me through the process of paying showed what seemed the correct total for BOGO and coupon - $46.84. if I am shown $46.84 I better only be charged $46.84.

--> Email receipt I received after order and still have showed $46.84.

--> Order history in my daz account right now still shows $46.84.

Never, anywhere, was I shown on any checkout page that I would be charged $135. I don't even know where they are seeing an order like that... ??

Regardless of the fact that the total would have been wrong due to the sales and coupon... I just would not have placed that order knowing it was beyond my financial means at this time. The fact that I could ever be charged more than shown on checkout is really scary and off-putting when considering placing any future orders. I imagine it could be a real hardship for others too and has to be fixed.

Not even that I think Daz would do it on purpose ever - I don't , and I am hopeful they will / would continue to help get it resolved...

But just the potential for money that's needed to be tied up in an unexpected way for who knows how long... and just one more thing in a list of why the cart here is so unreliable and downright tricky at times. :(

Post edited by DigitalDiva76 on
  • AllegraAllegra Posts: 405
    edited December 1969

What a nightmare, I hope it's sorted in time for your son's birthday.
    At least you said Support was looking into it, so there's hope.
    I'm still waiting for a reply from support from the 22nd...but keeping my fingers crossed for you.