Why do I bother? Another sale I get to miss out on...

WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Here I go again ...

I load my cart with the latest new featured item that promises a 72% discount if I purchase the item plus 4 Daz originals. I then troll through the originals, once again, and select stuff I've been wanting but haven't needed for a specific project, thinking the sale would be a good time to stock up on some extras.

All is in my cart, and yet, the discounts are not showing up .... AGAIN.

I am getting the 30% off rate, not the 72%. And of course, these offers supposedly change daily, which is why I can't use the DM product I wanted a couple days ago, because it only lasts for one day, which is not long enough for a support ticket.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Why do I bother, again?

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,352
    edited December 1969

Are the DAZ Originals older than 60 days? If not then they won't show a discount

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Also, I don't think the discount shows in the pop-up cart - you have to click the View Cart link to get the full page view to see it.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Are the DAZ Originals older than 60 days? If not then they won't show a discount

Unless the bat, giraffe, dolphin, and penguin are all new ....

edited December 1969

Also, I don't think the discount shows in the pop-up cart - you have to click the View Cart link to get the full page view to see it.

I've been going to view cart. Still doesn't show.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 2012

Confirm this. That has been my experience - the discount is only shown on the "My Shopping Cart" page, not the pop-up... (feature ;-)... ).

ETA: did you happen to have _more_ than four items in your cart at any point Aidana? I had some difficulties when I went to five items (zapped the discount, then wouldn't bring it back >_<). In the end, gotta admit I just gave up and bought one item instead (v_v).</p>

Post edited by M F M on
    edited December 1969

M F M said:

Confirm this. That has been my experience - the discount is only shown on the "My Shopping Cart" page, not the pop-up... (feature ;-)... ).

ETA: did you happen to have _more_ than four items in your cart at any point Aidana? I had some difficulties when I went to five items (zapped the discount, then wouldn't bring it back >_<). In the end, gotta admit I just gave up and bought one item instead (v_v).</div>

I tend to buy too many things for the pop-down to do me any good, so I always go to the full cart page.

But like last time I tried to participate in one of these damned sales, my 72% doesn't happen. I get the regular sale price, the coupon code after for 30%, but not the initial 72% for having four or more.

And now, as of the last hour, they updated the site with a new snowball .... which I can't use .... I loathe genesis and continually revert back to DS3 out of pure frustration.

So twice during this sale, I have tried to buy something I can use, only to lose out on the sale because my support ticket is not being responded to within the time period of that particular item!

So I either have to cash out and be satisfied with the coupon code of 30% on top of the existing sales price, and once again not get the 72% PLUS the 30% coupon or not to buy at all and take my money elsewhere.

If I were a vendor, I'd be livid. This constant problematic cart issue HAS to be hindering sales.

edited December 1969

Yeah, it's... not good. (-_-;)... seasons greetings and happynewyear? ;-)

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Yeah, it's... not good. (-_-;)... seasons greetings and happynewyear? ;-)

lol ... you, too, M.

But it's so frustrating. I love Daz, I do. But ever since they came out with DS4, and this 'new and improved' site, the hundreds of dollars per month I willingly handed over has slowed to a trickle. Now, I just order what I need for a particular commission unless I foolishly try to take advantage of a sale, which I should know by now is not going to benefit me, I just get to read how all of these other forum members are enjoying their new toys and not me.

At least back when they answered the phones, I could have remedied this with a five minute call and spent my $150 play money. But noooooooooooo .... Now the phone number isn't even posted anymore. They stopped answering it a few months back, anyway.

Again, if I were a vendor, I would be looking into alternative sales venues.

edited December 2012

*hugs* all we can do is keep hammering Support until either Britney has a breakdown (god forbid!), or someone in Senior Management asks for Britney's report on "customer satisfaction", and starts Making Changes >_<. What we have at the moment is... *struggles to be TOS compliant*... not good.</p>

ON the other hand, it IS saving you (and me, and everybody else) money, right? ... silver lining and all that ;-).

Post edited by M F M on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Adventure Hero has been the SnowBall item all day - it was live when I logged on eleven hours ago. If you were still seeing the V4 Lily dress that would explain why the discounts weren't applying, though it leaves the mystery of why the cached page was so far behind for you.

edited December 1969

Adventure Hero has been the SnowBall item all day - it was live when I logged on eleven hours ago. If you were still seeing the V4 Lily dress that would explain why the discounts weren't applying, though it leaves the mystery of why the cached page was so far behind for you.

That's kind of my point. For about an hour, before when I mentioned the old product was still up (and even told TS in a ticket), I could not access the forum or site. Some for other 'cloud' message kept coming up. Prior to that was when the snowball item was yesterday's. But regardless of all of that, I still don't see why, when having tried both yesterday and the day before, I don't see the promised 72% off when readying for check-out.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    edited December 2012

M F M said:
    *hugs* all we can do is keep hammering Support until either Britney has a breakdown (god forbid!), or someone in Senior Management asks for Britney's report on "customer satisfaction", and starts Making Changes >_<).</div>

Hmmm... a bit optimistic aren't you? I'm of the opinion that enough of ownership and management has changed that they really don't care anymore about anything except cutting services and raising prices thinking that those are the problem with their profits. Customers are just nuisances who make noise in the background and are safely ignored because the bad ones will go away and the noise will stop. It's a tried and true business philosophy. Look what it did for GM in the last two decades of the 20th century. 8-o

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

In case you haven't noticed, cacheing has been a major and worsening problem for several days now. I tried to log on about four or five hours ago and, for the first time, got a properly displayed stored-at-CloudFlare DAZ store page...

...showing Rachel and Rachel Textures as the most recent item in the store and flagged as the day's Snowball item. How many days ago was that? How often does CloudFlare take snapshots of the DAZ store? I've seen their "cache no workie" page a handful of times so far — has anyone else actually had the thing work as we must assume it's supposed to?

edited December 1969

Cacheing has certainly gotten worse in the past few days - most pages I have to Ctrl-R (refresh) in FireFox to get an up-to-date idea of what is supposed to be there (AND new releases don't show up on the New Releases page either half the time - have to go look specifically at the Specials page to find them >_<). The "My Wishlist (7)" entry keeps disappearing from the top line too.</p>

@LeatherGryphon: yep, I'm an optimist, just like Murphy ;-).

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately I couldn't access the site to purchase it, today the price has increased and the snowball offer has finished. Like others I'm really sick of this ongoing mess.

edited December 1969

I hate to see the company that turned my illustration business around go down, but since it's obvious that I am not the only person having trouble simply buying product, I don't see how they can make money when so many (and it's not just us in this forum - most have moved on) can't participate in sales or get responses for our support tickets. :(

Unlike last time (the similar Halloween deals), I did not take the 'I'll be satisfied with the 30% I am seeing' attitude. I didn't cash out at all.

That's $100+ dollars less going to Daz and the vendors (I believe they split sales).

I know my little bit of money doesn't count for much, but it adds up if others, not quite as vocal as me, just gave up,too.

• GeroblueJimGeroblueJim Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have had caching issues getting here since last week. Really bad Dec 24 and Dec 25.