Poser Pro 2012 M5 problem

LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Anyone else having a problem with M5 in PP 2012? I've tried everything, all the M5 dials do is change his scale, no other changes. M5 just looks like basic male only taller.

V5 is working ok, but M5 does not seem to function. I submitted a support ticket weeks ago but i haven't heard back from them

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited December 1969

Are you sure you installed the Core files? It sounds as if the \Data files for the morph are missing, or not being loaded.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

yes, i installed the core files, i have installed, reinstalled and re-re-installed everything that came with M5 several times over. He works in Studio, but in Poser he just gets taller

edited December 1969

Do you have \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Michael 5 in one of your Poser external libraries, odeally the same one as the rest of the Genesis content? Mine has 168 files, a mix of PNGs and .dsfs.

edited December 2012

yup, 168 files, in the same runtime as Genesis

Post edited by LycanthropeX on
    edited December 2012

The Daz 3D folder contains folders for Base, Creature Creator, Evolution, GenePool, Gorilla, Michael 5, and Victoria 5

the only ones not working are Michael 5, everything else works

i'm stumped

edited December 2012

I've reset my downloads, re-downloaded, reinstalled,

no difference, the M5 morphs just make him slightly taller, no other changes

reinstalled DSON, no joy, same results

reinstalled M5 again, no joy, same results

pulled hair out and banged head on desk repeatedly, same results

edited December 1969

Sorry, I don't know what could be happening here.

• KrewKrew Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

I have the exact same problem, only with the Young Teens. I'm also using Poser Pro 2012 and have Genesis in an external runtime. My M5, V5, etc all work, but Young Teens don't. Like LycanthropeX, all the Julie or Justin dials do is change the scale of the base genesis figure. When I load either Justin or Julie, it loads the base genesis figure, just scaled differently.

I've checked that the morphs, etc. are all installed in the right place, I've uninstalled, re-downloaded and reinstalled etc. and nothing helps. This is very frustrating :down:

edited December 1969

yayyyy i am not the only one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited December 1969

Yay! But... I wish I wasn't a member of this exclusive club!

edited December 1969

i had similar issues in Poser 9 with the Genesis Troll, never did figure that one out

on the bright side, V5 was doing the same thing in Poser Pro 2012, but eventually got her working.... just cant seem to remember how, but it can be fixed

edited December 1969

If you figure out how to get it working can you post back here please? I'll do the same.

edited December 1969

yup, i wont keep it to my self

edited December 1969

Okay thanks. One thing I just tried is to install the latest version of Dyson for Poser, version 1.0.0.27. That didn't make any difference.

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

I also have this problem with a couple of Genesis morphs...I suspect it has something to do with CMS maybe needing to be forced to update, or the fact that I never reboot my PC. If I figure out how to make it behave I'll post.

edited December 1969

one thing that i figured out that fixes a lot of DSON issues if you use external runtimes. By default DSON installs to your Poser ap where ever your program files folder is. If you go to the runtime folder in side program files and go to the Python folder, copy the Addons folder and then paste it into the the python folder in the runtime at the external location, then DSON has less issues, it doesn't fix everything, but it fixes a lot of problems

edited December 1969

Canary3d said:
    I also have this problem with a couple of Genesis morphs...I suspect it has something to do with CMS maybe needing to be forced to update, or the fact that I never reboot my PC. If I figure out how to make it behave I'll post.

Thank you :-)

edited December 1969

Well i made some progress i think... kinda

I exported M5 from DS into my Poser Runtime. All the morphs work perfectly in the exported M5... unfortunately none of the UVs work at all and no matter what I do my imported M5 renders invisible, I can see him before I render, but once I render he vanishes

edited December 1969

one thing that i figured out that fixes a lot of DSON issues if you use external runtimes. By default DSON installs to your Poser ap where ever your program files folder is. If you go to the runtime folder in side program files and go to the Python folder, copy the Addons folder and then paste it into the the python folder in the runtime at the external location, then DSON has less issues, it doesn't fix everything, but it fixes a lot of problems

Thanks, I took your suggestion and did that. It didn't solve my problem but I appreciate the tip and hopefully it will help with other potential issues.

edited December 1969

just did a little experiment, in DS instead of loading Genesis from my Studio Library, I loaded Genesis from my Poser Runtime, All the morphs worked in Studio

not sure what this tells me, but it was interesting

edited December 1969

PROBLEM SOLVED !!!!! I have a working M5 in PP 2012

AprilISH gives the solution in this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9766/P30/#203452

• yannosByannosB Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Do you have SR3? Dson requires SR3, no if's and's of but's