RRRR Alternative Holidays Voting Thread *closed*

TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
edited February 2017 in Art Studio

It's time to browse the RRRR Alternative Holidays entries thread, spit beverage on your screen in a laugh attack and also cast some votes.
You might notice we're in Art Studio, I've been "gentry ordered" to move the RRRR here in the future, as this forum is for contests among other things.

Anyone can vote, not only those participating in the actual contest. You can vote for any entries except for you own entries, and we vote in two categories, Best and Funniest. Best is more of a traditional render contest voting where funniest more takes the humorous look at the image. Some images have a few lines of text explaining the story behind them, which often helps the voting, specially in the funniest category.  Each win (1st to 3rd place) will also give the winner at least one sticky Lucky Bastard pull, which means the next round will be a little harder, see below for how wins and Lucky Bastards are counted.

Entries thread here: Entries only thread
Vote here:  RRRR Voting

So, what are we voting about?
What are the prizes?

Winner in the best category:
- Digital Lite Design - 1 copy of her product Whiskey and smoke tutorials and props
- One item from IndigoJanson store.
- One item from Dumor3D's store
- $5 DAZ Store GC

Winner in the funniest category:
Digital Lite Design - 1 copy of her product Whiskey and smoke tutorials and props
- One item from Totte's store
- $5 DAZ Store GC
​- Suggest the theme for next contest

Second place in the best category:
- One item from Dumor3D's store
- $5 DAZ Store GC

Second place in the funniest category:
- One item from Totte's store
- $5 DAZ Store GC

Third place in either category:
- $10 DAZ Store GC

Fourth place in either category:
- $5 DAZ Store GC

The voting starts now, and ends Sunday, February 5th at 23:59:59 DAZ Time

How votes are tallied and summed up:

Voting points: 1st = 5 points, 2nd = 4 points, 3rd = 3 Points, 4th = 2 Points and Tiebreaker = 1 Point.

If an image gets 1st, two 2nd, one 4th and two tiebreakers in a category, that is 5 + 2x4 + 2 + 2x1 = 17 Points

Every image points per category is summed up, and top three is calcutaled in each category. As we now have five prizes, a maximum of two entries from the same artist can end up top three in each category, this is to spead the joy a little more. 

The image with most points from the same artist will be the base, the the average score for up to for other images will be added to that score, but if that image takes a top three placement, images who got to the cream of the crop with help from other entires, will gain extra LBs based on how many places it climbed, minus one. Here are two examples:

Example 1: The top image from X has 15 points. X also has five other images that has been voted for, 10, 8, 7, 7 & 5 points. Thaking the average of the first four images behind the top one is 10+8+7+7 = 8, so the first image which was at 4th place, now gets 23 points and rises to the top and becomes the winner. But, that image climbed 3 steps, so it will not only win, but give the winner 3 LB for the next run. 

Example 2: The top image by Y has 11 points, and the second image 9 points. The top image will now have 20 points and go from 5th place to 3rd place, granting Y 2 LB for the next run.

If two images ends up with the same score, we use the same rules as in the European Song Contest, the number of higher scores wins over many lower scores, so if one image has 5+5+5+1 (16) and another has 2+2+4+4+2 (16) the first one will come before.

To avoid votespamming, anyone voting needs to post here in this thead that they did vote, and use the same name as they have posting here as the DAZ Forum name in the first question in the vote system at SurveyMonkey.

Remember to vote in both categories and place all five votes in both categories. Votes that fail to vote in both categories and votes faling to vote 2nd to 5th place will be discarded.

Post edited by Totte on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

I tried to vote, but I keep getting an error that says "! This question requires an answer." I verified that I entered my forum name and selected an image for 1-5 in both contests. What could be wrong?

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited January 2017
    barbult said:

I tried to vote, but I keep getting an error that says "! This question requires an answer." I verified that I entered my forum name and selected an image for 1-5 in both contests. What could be wrong?

I check! Survey monkey has done tons of changes again...

Edit: try now, turned of some require-flags

Post edited by Totte on

I tried again. I didn't get the error, but I didn't get any feedback that it worked either. Did you get my vote, Totte?

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Voted!!! GL ev1!!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    Totte said:

It's time to browse the RRRR Alternative Holidays entries thread, spit beverage on your screen in a laugh attack and also cast some votes.
    You might notice we're in Art Studio, I've been "gentry ordered" to move the RRRR here in the future, as this forum is for contests among other things.

We're happy to have you! smiley 

barbult said:

I tried again. I didn't get the error, but I didn't get any feedback that it worked either. Did you get my vote, Totte?

Nope, but I got SaphireWilds, weird!

Totte said:
    barbult said:

Nope, but I got SaphireWilds, weird!

I'll try again tomorrow. My computer is shut down for the night.

I voted again. I'm pretty sure it really worked this time.

barbult said:

I voted again. I'm pretty sure it really worked this time.

Yes it did!

Thanks for the confirmation, Totte.

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

I ve voted!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I am so glad you were finally able to vote Barbult!!

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871

voted, I did yes

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648

I voted!

The only problem with Art Studio is I never get email notices when there is a post. 

luci45 said:

I voted!

The only problem with Art Studio is I never get email notices when there is a post. 

Good point!

luci45 said:

I voted!

Have you double checked your notification settings for that Forum?

luci45 said:

I voted!

I get gobs of notifications from Novica's thread in the Art Studio, because it is so active. Sometimes it seems like days go by and I discover by looking at Recent Discussions that there have been posts that I did not get notified of. I suspect it may be because I read the thread when I was not logged in, and so it did not register that I had visited the thread since the previous notification.

LOL, I checked my settings. There weren't separate settings for different forums. Anyway, I checked everything. For the first time I got notices about Tottte's and barbult's posts. OMG, barbult, I'm glad I don't get notified for Novica's - I would never find my other mail. Having the little star on top turned on is supposed to mean it's a watched thread. I dunno...it's DAZ. laugh

Glad it worked, and the star yes.

• luci45 said:

LOL, I checked my settings. There weren't separate settings for different forums. Anyway, I checked everything. For the first time I got notices about Tottte's and barbult's posts. OMG, barbult, I'm glad I don't get notified for Novica's - I would never find my other mail. Having the little star on top turned on is supposed to mean it's a watched thread. I dunno...it's DAZ. laugh

There should be, unless it's a mod special:

Per-forum notification settings.JPG
    1030 x 743 - 64K

I guess mod special...

screeb.jpg
    1075 x 545 - 49K
    luci45 said:

I don't have the individual ones. How do I get them?

• luci45 said:
    luci45 said:

Well, you cold come over to the dark Side - we have notification options. Sorry, obviously it is a mod special.

luci45 said:
    luci45 said:

Well, you cold come over to the dark Side - we have notification options. Sorry, obviously it is a mod special.

I see see a render. Darth Richard standing on the edge of a broken space station, young Luci is hanging in one hand, Darth Richard says "Luci, I'm your father".

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    Totte said:
    luci45 said:
    luci45 said:

I see see a render. Darth Richard standing on the edge of a broken space station, young Luci is hanging in one hand, Darth Richard says "Luci, I'm your father".

Actually, doesn't Emperor Haselitine sound a little like Emperor Palpatine?  Perhaps they've been mispronouncing it all this time.

edited January 2017
    Totte said:
    luci45 said:
    luci45 said:

Actually, doesn't Emperor Haselitine sound a little like Emperor Palpatine?  Perhaps they've been mispronouncing it all this time.

- "Come to the dark side Luci, feel the anger and rage run through your veins, feel the power of the dark side, embrace your destiny" / Emperor Haseltine

Post edited by Totte on

Now Luci, not even 10 lucky bastards can save you! 

Luci45, please check your private messsages inbox.

Haha, that's hlarious, Totte.cheeky

I misunderstood, Richard. I thought having no options was the mod special. I should have known better...and I wll never come over to the Dark Side....devil  Hehehe.

OK, barbult. I saw the message but I forgot because I was busy getting into trouble on FaceBook. 

luci45 said:

Haha, that's hlarious, Totte.cheeky

Could be an interesting RRRR Theme - "Lure them to the dark side"

luci45 said:

I misunderstood, Richard. I thought having no options was the mod special. I should have known better...and I wll never come over to the Dark Side....devil  Hehehe.

OK, barbult. I saw the message but I forgot because I was busy getting into trouble on FaceBook.