Known Forum Issues Curently Being Worked On and Old Forum Link

Comments

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

I hope its a (weird!) sign that things are being adjusted and worked on.

Otherwise today will be the day the last of the happiness died.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

I'm seeing now that the smiley's aren't working. I see the little box were they are suppose to be.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

The smilies are hosted off-site on whatever daz.emailstar.com is.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

:-/
    Seems to work for me ... maybe they went hunting them and brought them back.
    :lol:

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

Oh! They're back! :cheese:

Dana

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

he he he , they went walkabout :)

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

****Attention DAZ web programmers****

What happened to our forum menu bar? Now we have no quick way to jump between sub-forums!

Please restore the forum menu bar.

forum_menus-was-is.jpg
    800 x 800 - 216K
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Seems they have disappeared

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,658
    edited December 1969

We have pointed the loss of the nav bar out to DAZ.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

We have pointed the loss of the nav bar out to DAZ.

Thanks. I just hope that they don't consider it an "improvement". :-S
  • Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

Does anybody know if there is a thread here that has a discussion that comments about general aspects of the new website/store experience, not just the forums? (And, in case there is a wiseguy (wisegurl) out there, if you know kindly tell me where I can find it please).

I know what I think, but I am curious as to what others are experiencing, what is being addressed and what are intentional changes.

Thank you.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Does anybody know if there is a thread here that has a discussion that comments about general aspects of the new website/store experience, not just the forums? (And, in case there is a wiseguy (wisegurl) out there, if you know kindly tell me where I can find it please).

I know what I think, but I am curious as to what others are experiencing, what is being addressed and what are intentional changes.

Thank you.

Will this one do ? http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited June 2012

That appears to be a thread for accounts problems, but seems to have other questions as well. Considering Daz's "Jump-to-itive" approach in the past, I'm kind of surprised there isn't a thread with a big label telling everybody to effectivlely, 'Bring it on." That's one of the things I liked about Daz, that transparency. In the past people were pretty good and gave both positives and negatives and it wasn't just a screamer thread.
    That being said, I have to see if I can find out why 8% tax is being charged sometimes and then not others.
    Thank you.

Post edited by Consumer573 on
  • SherrySherry Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is there any plans to change the order history to the old format? I am tired of having to search through multiple pages to find a product I have bought. I liked the old format where I could change how it was presented, either by product or date.

I like all of the orders on ONE page. Not hundreds, as I so much I have bought before the store got totally messed up!

I still have not been able to get to my wishlist. I haven't seen it since "the change". too bad we can't vote it out too!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

Sherry said:
    Is there any plans to change the order history to the old format? I am tired of having to search through multiple pages to find a product I have bought. I liked the old format where I could change how it was presented, either by product or date.

I like all of the orders on ONE page. Not hundreds, as I so much I have bought before the store got totally messed up!

I still have not been able to get to my wishlist. I haven't seen it since "the change". too bad we can't vote it out too!

Yes there are plans to change the ordering of the forums. They will bump threads with new posts to the beginning just like the old forum. But, it has to wait until the more important issues are worked out first.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Sherry said:

There are plans to restore the old features, but no timetable, as there are more pressing issues currently.

Apparently there's a glitch with the item "Crazy Nights" (haven't heard of it happening with any other items) -- you can't add it to your cart, and if you add it to your wishlist the wishlist won't work.

For now, the workaround is to go to your Account Dashboard, which shows your 5 most recent wishlist items. Move them to your cart, then refresh the page to get the next 5, and so on until you can delete Crazy Nights. Then your wishlist should work and you can move the items from your cart back to the wishlist by checking all the boxes and clicking "Update shopping cart".

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Sherry said:

There are plans to restore the old features, but no timetable, as there are more pressing issues currently.

Apparently there's a glitch with the item "Crazy Nights" (haven't heard of it happening with any other items) -- you can't add it to your cart, and if you add it to your wishlist the wishlist won't work.

For now, the workaround is to go to your Account Dashboard, which shows your 5 most recent wishlist items. Move them to your cart, then refresh the page to get the next 5, and so on until you can delete Crazy Nights. Then your wishlist should work and you can move the items from your cart back to the wishlist by checking all the boxes and clicking "Update shopping cart".

I am so thankful I had already purchased "Crazy Nights" before the switch to the new site because that sounds like a PITA for someone who has a extensive wishlist.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

you probably already know this but if you put an item in your cart that you have previously bought a year ago, there is no warning that you have already purchased it.
    Also I cannot display just mac versions of the downloadable items that i have bought. And without those stripes we used to have it is easy to download the same thing twice and miss downloading something else.
    Also when looking at my previous orders I could not reorder my items by dates.

• MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I know absolutely nothing about all the techie stuff with computers etc. but I seem to remember something similar happening on another website a few years ago also experiencing big problems with a new set-up, however they'd kept the old system running parallel until the new one had finished its teething problems. I remember people saying thank goodness and good thinking as it was quite a while before the new one was ready, even then the old one remained on permanent stand-by just in case.

Is this a possible here or has the old system gone for good ?

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

esther said:
    you probably already know this but if you put an item in your cart that you have previously bought a year ago, there is no warning that you have already purchased it.

Indeed; I'm so glad that I copied my itemized purchase history into a spreadsheet before the old site went down...

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,163
    edited June 2012

Marcuse said:
    I know absolutely nothing about all the techie stuff with computers etc. but I seem to remember something similar happening on another website a few years ago also experiencing big problems with a new set-up, however they'd kept the old system running parallel until the new one had finished its teething problems. I remember people saying thank goodness and good thinking as it was quite a while before the new one was ready, even then the old one remained on permanent stand-by just in case.

Is this a possible here or has the old system gone for good ?

We've been told that it was not possible to run the old & new systems in parallel. :ohh:

However the phrase "not possible" needs explanation. It's been my experience that it is always possible to run two systems in parallel if you have all of the following. a) sufficient hardware; b) experienced analysts, engineers & technicians; c) proper planning; and d) enough money. I suspect that none of those requirements were available. :-/

Edited to add: And what's up with the list of smileys? What a bunch of lame emoticons. There's no obvious "sad". And none of them are labeled in an obvious way. The purpose of emoticons is to communicate an emotion. However, the fundamental definition of "communication" is "An exchange of mutually understood symbols" Those emoticons are so lame and subtle (and not obviously defined) that there is no way that they can be used effectively as a communication symbol. (*sad*)

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited June 2012

I don't think Smileys are very high on the priority list of things to be fixed ...
    I, personally, prefer the store / wishlist / itemized order history to be fixed first too!

I think this one is sad: :down:

Post edited by Kerya on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,163
    edited June 2012

Kerya said:
    I don't think Smileys are very high on the priority list of things to be fixed ...

Well it SHOULD BE! (*grrr*) Who needs the store? I can go for weeks without buying anything but I have a daily need to bitch! :cheese: :red:

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Well it SHOULD BE! (*grrr*) Who needs the store? I can go for weeks without buying anything but I have a daily need to bitch! :cheese: :red:

:ohh:
    Maybe there should be a poll for the priorities ...

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    I, personally, prefer the store / wishlist / itemized order history to be fixed first too!

Agreed still waiting for my first ever order paid on the 4th.... :down:

edited December 1969

Marcuse said:
    Kerya said:

Agreed still waiting for my first ever order paid on the 4th.... :down:

Ouch.
    Did you contact Zendesk/Customer support?

edited June 2012

Yes got a ticket ok but still no reply....??

Edit: Can't find the ticket now where would it be kept ?

Post edited by Marcuse on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    I think this one is sad: :down:

I think it is looking for its dropped car keys...

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,722
    edited December 1969

Sherry said:

Until DAZ gets things fixed, this one may be a help:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

See the initial post for updates in RED!