V42 FMB morphs are not affecting the hip area.

HenryChan2HenryChan2 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm trying to set v42's belly thickness morph but it's not affecting the hip, just the abdomen. Something is broken, how do I fix this without replacing the figure?

Comments

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Why would a belly morph affect the hips? There should be a separate hip morph. I can check when I get home from work in the morning.

• HenryChan2HenryChan2 Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

riftwitch said:
    Why would a belly morph affect the hips? There should be a separate hip morph. I can check when I get home from work in the morning.

If I make a brand new v42 and apply the all morphs and adjust bellythickness it modifies the hip & abdomen geometry. But in my current posed v42 it's only affecting the abdomen. Since it doesn't affect the hip the geometry appears broken. There is no bellythickness dial on the hip. I've been having these types of problems for the past year and was hoping for a perm solution.

Post edited by HenryChan2 on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I just loaded V4 in DS 4.5.1.6, and used the Power Loader to load both the Base morphs and the Morphs++ as well.

There are three Belly morphs, BellyThickness, BellySmooth and BellyThin, none of which affect anything except the Abdomen, they do NOT affect the hip in any way. BellyThickness is a PBM (Partial Body Morph), and not a FBM (Full Body Morph), so it will only affect the part that it was designed for.

If you think that V4 is not working correctly, you could try downloading the latest versions of V4 and Morphs++ from your Itemised Order History, and try reinstalling them.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 2012

I do not use V4.2 and her morphs usually,
    but I know V4 Die Trying 182 morphs which remade for genesis shape.

then, the morph sets has many adjust morphs to genesis shape, and for hip too.
    so I believe original Die Trying 182 morph may have hip morphs too.

if you have not downloaded it yet, may you try it?

http://www.sharecg.com/v/58061/view/11/Poser/182-Morphs-for-Victoria-4

about Die morphs which remade for genesis
    there are hip line up , hip small , hip wide , hip up.

=============
    But I have not checked it can work in ds 4.5 or not..
    Die Trying said, "you may need another plug in which can work for ds."
    so if it may not work well.

I believe other user already have installed and check them for V4,^^;.

then they may help you ^^;

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • HenryChan2HenryChan2 Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

I just loaded V4 in DS 4.5.1.6, and used the Power Loader to load both the Base morphs and the Morphs++ as well.

There are three Belly morphs, BellyThickness, BellySmooth and BellyThin, none of which affect anything except the Abdomen, they do NOT affect the hip in any way. BellyThickness is a PBM (Partial Body Morph), and not a FBM (Full Body Morph), so it will only affect the part that it was designed for.

If you think that V4 is not working correctly, you could try downloading the latest versions of V4 and Morphs++ from your Itemised Order History, and try reinstalling them.

Geometry on the hip moves out along the lower stomach, you need to zoom in. Bellythickness affects the abdomen and hip. V4's hip goes right up to her navel almost. I just tested it right now. I'm looking at the hip & abdomen on a new V4. Bellythickness affects both parts.

Post edited by HenryChan2 on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,844
    edited December 1969

One of the advantages of knowing my way around all of the file formats is that I see things most never find out about, like PBMs actually working on more than one body part, the PBMBellyThickness (internal name for the morph) has a valueParm dial in the Body, a targetGeom dial in the abdomen, and a hidden targetGeom dial in the Hip.

The fact that you can get the morph to work on a fresh V4.2 tells me that the first V4.2 hasn't loaded properly, if this is a previously saved character then some idea as to how it was saved and in which program & OS might help us figure a way around the issue.