Star Trek Builders Unite 2 "Renderings on the Edge of Forever"

Comments

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Photobucket keeps squishing my pictures....any other good, free picture hosting sites out there?

They also have a shady TOS hence why I left there.

You can use Mediafire to host images and they will not squish your picks. MF can be used to host any digital file of yours and you get 50GB of storage for a free account with 200MB per file upload.

Hmmm , I'll consider that....do they squish pictures, too?

Also, you asked about the Ptolemy ship you liked, and here's a few more shots in my previous post. :D

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Next issue of Tales from the Mirror Universe will be up in a couple of days.

Slide1.jpg
    1287 x 1800 - 992K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Photobucket keeps squishing my pictures....any other good, free picture hosting sites out there?

They also have a shady TOS hence why I left there.

You can use Mediafire to host images and they will not squish your picks. MF can be used to host any digital file of yours and you get 50GB of storage for a free account with 200MB per file upload.

Hmmm , I'll consider that....do they squish pictures, too?

Also, you asked about the Ptolemy ship you liked, and here's a few more shots in my previous post. :D

They do allow you to see the full sized image. By default when you first view it it is sized to fit the screen but clicking on it brings it to full size. MF is not an image hosting site by default but they have added new features for those who wish to use it as such. You can upload an image of any size you want and its fine. If you want to do 2000x2000 then go ahead. Anyone you show it to will be able to see the full size image.

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    Next issue of Tales from the Mirror Universe will be up in a couple of days.

And I'm only on page 8- out of 129....

edited December 1969

I'm cheating. 1 or 2 images per page for Mirror Universe based mini novels.

Still have the TOS sequel to my very first novel in the works and the TNG based 'Virus' based story from last year.

Other projects pulled me away from Trek. Mainly to get my head clear since I was suffering a major burn out of Star Trek earlier in the year. But I did manage to get two books written and published.

For everyone else.

Technical notes for these mini novels. Each story is 14- 24 pages in length.

Each image took my computer (i7 8 core 2.5Ghz 8Gb ram, 64bit) up to 30minutes to render a piece.

One IBL (occlusion samples set to 128, Max raytrace set to 200, Environment Mode is set to Occlusion with Direct Shadows
    2 spot lights : directly to the left and right of the characters, with shadows set to Raytrace.
    2 point lights set to Specular Lighting only (they give the specular material a shine) No shadows.

All skin of the characters are SSS based. For you DAZ users this might help with using the skin shader by Omnifreaker https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/20658113-how-to-use-the-elite-human-surface-shaders

Depth of field is based upon my tutorial: http://pdsmith.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4jpw8r

for 3Dlights rendering setting, I stay with the settings as is with the exception of Max Ray Trace Depth is set to 4.

-Paul

edited December 1969

I dont know if this will be available tomorrow or not, im not holding my breath, but...

The doors do not open cause they were not modeled in a way to do so. There is limited movement in the model. However, the included crew is smart proped and will load to the same scale as the shuttle every time. Customization options too. Please see the readmes for that.

THank you and a Merry Christmas to all.

Galileo-Shuttle-03.jpg
    900 x 900 - 430K
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

Cool mattymanx :)

doomsmas-sml.jpg
    1500 x 844 - 288K
    edited December 1969

one more card for u all :)

ktinga-xmas-sml.jpg
    1500 x 844 - 154K
    edited December 2012

Klingon pin/communicator is posted to the props section. But here is the link again is anyone missed it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?fns8j1l2oqsmcmj

Book two is complete...waiting on proofers for review....should be up around the same time as the Doctor Who special.

Post edited by PDSmith on
    edited December 1969

One final xmas card for everyone :P

tos-christmas-sml.jpg
    1500 x 864 - 171K
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume,

My favorite is the Doomsday machine!

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Just popping in to wish everybody a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays or Happy Trekking!

• edited December 1969

John Stossel just did a special on all of the reasons we are better off than our progenitors, and he made it sound like it was some kind of new idea. It occurred to me as I listened to him and his guests pontificate that Star Trek posited this very future 45 years ago!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy Qwanza, Happy Festivus... or whatever applies. Bottom line is I wish you all a great holiday, and a happy new year.

Best Regards
    Phelix

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

Happy holidays, everyone, to you and those you love.

edited December 2012

For your reading pleasure.

Book 2 of the 'Tales from the Mirror Universe'

Good Intentions

direct link to the book . http://www.deviantart.com/download/344803713/good_intentions_by_pdsmith-d5pac8x.pdf

Link to the web page with the book http://pdsmith.deviantart.com/#/d5pac8x

Hope you like it.

Merry Christmas everyone.

-Paul

Slide1.jpg
    1287 x 1800 - 992K
    Post edited by PDSmith on
  • jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    For your reading pleasure.

Book 2 of the 'Tales from the Mirror Universe'

Good Intentions

direct link to the book . http://www.deviantart.com/download/344803713/good_intentions_by_pdsmith-d5pac8x.pdf

Link to the web page with the book http://pdsmith.deviantart.com/#/d5pac8x

Hope you like it.

Merry Christmas everyone.

-Paul

Thanks Paul,
    Hope you have a nice one

edited December 2012

Just some views of my latest project / WIP built in Hexagon

Bridge_4.jpg
    1673 x 971 - 197K
    Bridge_3.jpg
    1673 x 971 - 174K
    Bridge_2.jpg
    1673 x 971 - 206K
    Bridge_1.jpg
    1673 x 971 - 187K
    Post edited by jaguarry3 on
    edited December 1969

looking good. thanks for the compliment.

three pages into the next comic already.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Miles had a pet "T" ... now everybody can :-)

http://www.most-digital-creations.com/tarantula.htm

edited December 1969

For your Andorian pleasure viewing.

here's a hint about them....they are from the Mirror Universe, they do accept Empress Howard's rule...and they are most defiantly not fully female!

group.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 538K
    edited December 1969

The first Enterprise NX-01 model is comming along nicely. I finally remembered to email the person who modeled it to ask for permission. If they say no then I still have another one that I can convert that is from F3D so I can do that one for sure. But the one I am working on atm is the better of the two imho.

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

That's most excellent news on the NX-01, sir! Thank you so much for all your hard work. :)

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    For your Andorian pleasure viewing.

here's a hint about them....they are from the Mirror Universe, they do accept Empress Howard's rule...and they are most defiantly not fully female!

Don't mind transgender Andorians at all. ;)

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

Paul, you most certainly push the boundaries of the song "Dude looks like a lady"! Great piece of work and I have to say that I have never seen guys looks so hot before.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

Jag,

You have that bridge looking pretty dang sweet! Looking forward to seeing T'Pol lounging in the Captains chair soon.

edited December 1969

http://mdbruffy.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5pdm17

You'll see an edited verison- a smaller one- in my next book- just finished page 15- only 114 to go...

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    The first Enterprise NX-01 model is comming along nicely. I finally remembered to email the person who modeled it to ask for permission. If they say no then I still have another one that I can convert that is from F3D so I can do that one for sure. But the one I am working on atm is the better of the two imho.

And to that, I have recieved permission.

Which brings up a question, I have conflicting sources on the size of the NX-01. The smaller of the two numbers seems correct since comparing windows from one starship to another it looks correct. But at the same time, the larger size looks better compared to other ships

Thoughts and opinions???

edited December 2012

nx-01

I say go with what is looks good mattymanx :)

nx-01-sml.jpg
    1500 x 864 - 198K
    Post edited by MotoTsume on
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Mattymanx said:

Which brings up a question, I have conflicting sources on the size of the NX-01. The smaller of the two numbers seems correct since comparing windows from one starship to another it looks correct. But at the same time, the larger size looks better compared to other ships

Thoughts and opinions???

Always go for the correct scale out of the box- she's the smallest Enterprise. Everyone else can scale her up for their own projects.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Mattymanx said:

Thoughts and opinions???

Personally I think you should stick to the smaller size to keep it as close to the original as possible. Either way I am looking forward to getting my hands on it Thanks Matty

This discussion has been closed.