Snowball Savings Not Working

Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
edited December 1969 in The Commons

The snowball savings is not working at all for me. It first didn't give discount for baby elephant, but was for meerkat, trying to remove items and put them back in to see if I could get working resulted in it not working for meerkat either. I've tried totally emptying cart, refreshing, logging out and back in with empty cart and resubmitting items, still no discount. Have also been getting random errors on shop today with pages not found, sql error pages, posts not found in forum.

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited December 2012

Works okay for me. Sure you got the current Snowball item in the cart? I've experienced a couple of times that my browser kept showing an older item (which no longer gives any discount) until I cleared the page cache (in IE ctrl+F5)..

2012-12-21-21-27-18.jpg
    668 x 432 - 47K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

I've noticed an issue with the first item not being discounted. I noticed this on two different computers. In the end I gave up and just bought the first item to maintain the discount.

edited December 1969

Yea, you're right, if there's only one item there's no discount. But with two both seems to be discounted.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 2012

It was working at one point, it just quit working. Yes, have used the snowball savings before so am familiar with how it 'should work.' Have also done the make sure logged in, remove/add, refresh screen, make sure items are actually current items etc etc... but ty, appreciate you're trying.

The one thing was, it quit working right after I tried adding the Genesis Teen Starter bundle, then removing it. Everything I've tried since has not worked. I saw something referring to a glitch price regarding this set after and I believe it may have something to do with that, i.e. I might have happened to be updating my cart when DAZ was updating something on the store which might have fragged my ability to get the snowball savings at all.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 2012

...being released only a day ago the teen bundles are under the 60 day limit so they don't work.

They did for a while yesterday but as I understand it was one of those "Site Glitch" affairs.

Just experimented with today's Snowball item and a couple random older DO items and yep it don't work. Pity as I actually like the Snowball item for today.

Update:

Did some more playing around and it seems it doesn't want to recognise the second product for the first discount tier. Couldn't get any better than about 48% savings with the daily plus 4 qualifying products when I should have been at 72%. Made sure everything was at the "newest", released no later than this past September.

Site's acting strange as well for I have to refresh the screen each time I add a new item to see it reflected in my cart total.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

Haven't the companion texture sets for the day's item usually worked for the discount? Today's doesn't.

edited December 1969

...noticed that too.

I think the snowball's started to melt.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...noticed that too.

I think the snowball's started to melt.

Or maybe the DAZ servers,,,

edited December 1969

Haven't the companion texture sets for the day's item usually worked for the discount? Today's doesn't.

They work when you have more than one additional item. I think it's the glitch that is making the snowball not work with the first item.

edited December 2012

...wrong kind of glitch this time.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    edited December 1969

I can't get the snowball savings to work either. In another thread, someone put the daily product, then the teen bundle pro, and some other new genesis items in there and said his total only came to $32 and change. I put the same items in my cart and there is no discount at all. My total comes to $85 which is no discount at all.
    Today I tried it again with the DM item and 4 other DO items and still no discount. It's just not working. Tried logging out and back in, closing FF and reopening, emptying cache, etc. Nothing is working with the snowball savings.
    What's the deal? (other than no deal for me)

edited December 1969

The teenbundle working with the snowball discount was a glitch, which Daz fixed. The snowball will only work with DO items that are non pc and more than 60 days old. The only exception to this is the textures sets. What did you have in your basket?

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    edited December 1969

anikad said:
    The teenbundle working with the snowball discount was a glitch, which Daz fixed. The snowball will only work with DO items that are non pc and more than 60 days old. The only exception to this is the textures sets. What did you have in your basket?

Well, I guess I have sour grapes because I didn't get my purchase in while the "glitch" was in effect, and I am not interested in older items. I had the teen pro bundle with the faces of teens, pink ink textures, and a couple others, but none of them are eligible for discount now that the "glitch" isn't in effect anymore, so I emptied my cart and won't be buying any of it. Oh well.

edited December 2012

...that would have been me, however by the time I went to submit the order, I the total price for the bundle changed to 76$.

Apparently as I understand, the "offer" was caused by a glitch in the store site software (similar to what happened in the PC sale) that was corrected but not after a number of people were able to take advantage of it (alas myself not included).

At fist I had thought it to be the special deal for PC members that I heard about before the release but then, like all intro deals, it shouldn't of ended until 11:59 "Daz Time" (which is part of why I hesitated as I saw others getting an even better price and thought I still had time to work out a better deal).

Ended up biting the bullet and paying the 55$ for the Pro Bundle (as it had several items I wanted that if purchased separately along with the either the Starter Bundle or base characters would have ended up costing even more).

[curse my slow connectivity, anikad beat me to the punch]

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

I just tested this without purchasing anything and I was able to add the Snowball item plus some older A3 items to my cart and get the discount.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

The whole shopping experience lately seems to be a win some - loose some situation.

There are times when I seem to be paying more than I should.

PC club renewal discount was not applied ending up paying the full 99$, then sometimes there are items that are supposed to be free or a certain amount cheaper when put into the cart that are charged at regular price.

Then on other days discounts seem to be applied to items that are newer than 60 days.

My take on it:

For me it is not worth the time to file support tickets to get a refund.

Just think about how much money you earn an hour and if the time spent filing support tickets is time better used doing something else.

I also do not want to wait around and come back to the store a few hours later when it may or may not be fixed.

To me shoping at the DAZ store has become some kind of lottery situation. If you look at it that way it is some kind of a fun experience.

Hmm actually just an idea for another sale (The vegas sale!?!):
    At check out you can pull the lever of a slot machine (but only once a day). Depending on the numbers you get you may get a discount.

edited December 1969

...it's more like shopping here have become a game of Russian Roulette.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Remember, the way it works is that you get the 72% off on the 4 older DAZ Originals and then the price of the current Snowball item is added on top of that.