Unexpected Freebies from DAZ

Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Has anyone else noticed this? Not only is Aiko3 LE free again for the moment, but so also are the LE versions of the Millennium Horse, Big Cat, Dog, and Cat. Availed myself of another and non-P4 Lion.

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Yup, I found them couple of days ago, mentioned it in one thread or another.

I wish some of the older DAZ Originals -- like extra creature bits or skins or props -- were also free. They would remarkably boost the value of DAZ Studio and draw more curious users. "Oh hey, I can take this horn from creature props and stick it on a LION! Unicorn lions!"

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

cheers for the HU, snagged them :)

• SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 373
    edited December 1969

The Bryce 5.0 Content Pack is also free, but the product page doesn't say what's in it.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/bryce-5-0-content-pack/

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

What's Included & Features
    Features

56 Object Presets
    33 Light Gels
    3 OBJ meshes
    272 Picture Objects
    339 Picture Textures
    43 Sample Scenes
    27 Sky Presets
    26 Terrain Presets
    54 Terrain Maps

Over 250 MB of content!

• SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 373
    edited December 1969

Right, but "56 Object Presets" and "3 OBJ meshes" doesn't really say anything. The Bryce 5.5 kit gives a more detailed listing. Does the 5.5 pack include the same content? I certainly can't tell that from the product listing either. Is any of those items included with Bryce 7? Again, I can't tell from the product listings.

edited December 1969

Not at all sure, it is a rather old pack, as it came out when Daz first bought Bryce from Corel. That was sometime in 2005 I think.

edited December 1969

I'm going to be learning Bryce, so i'll pick it up anyway, thanks everyone :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Features

56 Object Presets
    33 Light Gels
    3 OBJ meshes
    272 Picture Objects
    339 Picture Textures
    43 Sample Scenes
    27 Sky Presets
    26 Terrain Presets
    54 Terrain Maps

Over 250 MB of content!

I'm downloading now, all the filenames are different to the 5.5 content pack 1 and its the new zips! YAY! only 1 set of downloads to get :cheese: very happy!!
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

It is free ****, I always grab it, even if I don't have any use for it right now. At best, I can always loot it for bits of awesome to be used elsewhere. 339 picture textures? Holy boop yesssss.

• guangh69guangh69 Posts: 165
    edited December 1969

Is Bryce 5.5 content kit 1 can be used in bryce 7?

I don`t have bryce 5.5. Eh`

edited December 1969

Yes. Bryce 7 will open all content right back to B4, may even go further back, but I can't swear to that.

edited December 1969

guangh69 said:

I believe content from version 4 of Bryce upwards is ok in version 7.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Features

56 Object Presets
    33 Light Gels
    3 OBJ meshes
    272 Picture Objects
    339 Picture Textures
    43 Sample Scenes
    27 Sky Presets
    26 Terrain Presets
    54 Terrain Maps

Over 250 MB of content!

Geeze, how did I manage to miss this when it first came out. I bought the Bryce 5.5 Tutorial DVD but didn't get this??? ~Sheesh~
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yes. Bryce 7 will open all content right back to B4, may even go further back, but I can't swear to that.

Great~~`Thank you!

edited December 1969

guangh69 said:

I believe content from version 4 of Bryce upwards is ok in version 7.

Great~~`Thank you!

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

I just got finished downloading both packages and was wondering...has anybody else had a problem with the PC versions of the self-extracting files not extracting? Usually I just tell it to run and everything goes smoothly, but for some reason these files have decided to be stubborn. All of the other files unzipped fine. Any hints?

edited December 1969

Have you tried using Kendalls Utility, as some of the older installers are giving problems, and he has written a utillity to help

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/865/

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Have you tried using Kendalls Utility, as some of the older installers are giving problems, and he has written a utillity to help

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/865/

Thanks Cho, i've searching the forum for it, (bookmarked now) mine are fubared too

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

A few of the older installers [which I downloaded from the previous edition of the store] would only work if run as Administrator on W7.
    I don't recall which ones they were now.

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

Thanks for this thread, I've been wanting a horse for DS for ages (I got a freebie but it loads distorted). They'r also giving away the millenium cat, dog and big cat (all LE), which I now have. I must remember to check the store for free stuff more often!

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the script tip. I'll try it out as soon as time permits.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 1969

SteveM17 said:
    Thanks for this thread, I've been wanting a horse for DS for ages (I got a freebie but it loads distorted). They'r also giving away the millennium cat, dog and big cat (all LE), which I now have. I must remember to check the store for free stuff more often!

You're welcome. I figured I wasn't the only one who'd be interested to find this menagerie.

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited June 2012

Has anyone else noticed this? Not only is Aiko3 LE free again for the moment . . .

A3 has been constantly free for quite some time. She is included in the Daz freebie Anime Star Fighter bundle.

Post edited by Graze on