No Walls in Poser?

SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I have returned to using Poser as I recently got the Octane Render plugin for poser pro 2012. I have noticed, and I also see this in Poser Pro [7], that sets that have walls -- Hyperion Bar and A-Deck, so far -- those walls are invisible in the camera preview. The walls will render fine, but when placing the camera, I can't tell if it's inside the wall or inside the room. Is there an option somewhere to disable this feature?

Comments

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

Not the answer you're looking for I'm sure but I've never found a way to clear this up. I've just learned to do really quick LoRes test renders anytime I think this may be an issue.

Wiser minds will no doubt chip in, so like you I will await further deveolpments :)

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,783
    edited December 2012

For a final render you would untick "Remove Backfacing Polygons", but I don't know if that setting exists in the Preview settings; I'm not on my Poser machine. Look at the Preview tab of Render Settings....

Post edited by WandW on
  • info_7ab70978f3info_7ab70978f3 Posts: 78
    edited December 1969

your set probably has single sided objects
    1 turn your document style to outline for the set
    2 select a top or side camera
    3 adjust selected camera to locate the main camera in your scene
    now you can see where the main camera is proceed as your muse desires

• SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    For a final render you would untick "Remove Backfacing Polygons", but I don't know if that setting exists in the Preview settings; I'm not on my Poser machine. Look at the Preview tab of Render Settings....

The walls render just fine. The only problem is you can't tell if the camera is actually in the wall instead of in the room until you render.

edited December 1969

James S said:
    your set probably has single sided objects
    1 turn your document style to outline for the set
    2 select a top or side camera
    3 adjust selected camera to locate the main camera in your scene
    now you can see where the main camera is proceed as your muse desires

I don't know what "single sided objects" are, but this problem hasn't existed in any version of DAZ Studio I've used (2.x - 4.5) and I don't recall it in earlier versions of Poser that I used (versions 6 and 7). Is there no way to correctly display these models without going through the extra steps you outlined?

Attached are screenshots of the two models in DS 4.5 (Hyperion only comes with Poser shaders)

adeck.PNG
    1211 x 707 - 447K
    Hyperion.PNG
    1223 x 684 - 94K
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The polygons that make up the mesh of the figures have a "front" & a "back" face. Poser's preview only sees the "front" of the face whereas DS can see either side. So if the polygons are facing the interior of the figure; Poser won't show them in the preview screen unless the 'front' is pointing toward the camera (as can be seen in your first post). You might try switching to wireframe to set up your scene.

• wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited December 1969

there is a setting in the Render settings in the preview tab: Uncheck ":remove backfacing polygons"

edited December 1969

Thanks WandW and WimvdB. I checked and "remove backfacing polygons" is not selected.

edited December 1969

Supercope said:
    Thanks WandW and WimvdB. I checked and "remove backfacing polygons" is not selected.

Remove backface polygons is the default setting - so did you change the setting earlier?

It should solve all the single sided polygon display issues. If that does not help, I have no idea what problem it is. It has always worked for me

edited December 2012

:red: I suppose it would help if I looked in the right place for it. Initially, I was seeing it on the Firefly tab and didn't realize there was a Preview tab inside Render settings. Thanks everyone for your invaluable assistance!

Capture.PNG
    1479 x 843 - 633K
    Post edited by Supercope on
    edited December 1969

Good news!
    Missing it happens a lot - that is why I explicitly asked if you had changed it before.