Light'n'Go sets question?

jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Do the Light'n'Go light sets by Dreamlight work in DS 4.5 pro?

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Yes they Do:)

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

yay!!! thank you Zev0!!!

I went back and reread the description a lot more carefully after i posted and I noted they said DAZ Studio 3 ONLY, but i couldn't work out WHY they would be DS3 only!

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I have a couple of those sets, but I haven't upgraded DS past 4.0 Pro so couldn't check in 4.5. Aside from that, I was about to post that I didn't think they would because I thought everything in 4.5 is in DUF format, but I guess not.

This is good to know. ;-)

edited December 2012

Daz 4.5 can still read older file formats. It's the old versions of Daz that cannot read .duf.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

i have two of the light'n'go sets, but i havne't reset them to redownload yet.

I was being extremely lazy by asking instead of resetting and redownloading to check myself. LOL. Plus I wanted to pick up a couple more if they worked. :D

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Daz 4.5 can still read older file formats. It's the old versions of Daz that cannot read .duf.

Oh of course, duuuuuuh. ~headdesk~ I should've realized that, because these light sets have nothing to do with Genesis.

~sigh~ It really s*cks getting old. :-S

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Zev0 said:

Oh of course, duuuuuuh. ~headdesk~ I should've realized that, because these light sets have nothing to do with Genesis.

don't feel so bad Miss B...do you know how many times I've looked at something and thought it won't work in 4.5 cos it's not Genesis...and then realized it's a PROP?? LOL

edited December 1969

I was in the same boat lol. I had to ask before I bought these. Dreamlight should update the compatibility info on his products.

• edited December 1969

I'm looking at getting these for their panoramic backgrounds, which look pretty nice. Does anyone have any experience with them? They look like they include scenery (e.g. mountains) as well as the sky, but sometimes it's hard to tell what's part of the panoramic background, and what's part of the set.

Thanks!

edited December 2012

jakiblue said:
    Miss B said:
    Zev0 said:

don't feel so bad Miss B...do you know how many times I've looked at something and thought it won't work in 4.5 cos it's not Genesis...and then realized it's a PROP?? LOL
    Yes, well I have the opposite problem. I haven't upgraded to 4.5 yet, so when I see things that state DS 4.5 and Poser only I cringe. I did that earlier when I was looking at DMs Aramonk, and then when I clicked on the second tab saw that a PZ3, and PZ2s (Lights) were included, I hit myself upside the head because of course I can use those in DS 4.0. Sheesh woman, it's a Prop set. ~shakes head~
    Post edited by Miss B on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    I was in the same boat lol. I had to ask before I bought these. Dreamlight should update the compatibility info on his products.

I agree, but he probably doesn't know they work in 4.5, and that's why he hasn't updated the info on the product pages.