Streets

vindazivindazi Posts: 667
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Does anyone know of street texture for Bryce? I want to create a foreground street scene.

Comments

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

I have a Streets product in the store, but I don't have Bryce, so I've no idea if it can be imported or not. I think so, but I can't be definite.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/streets

streets_main.jpg
    500 x 650 - 92K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2012

I have never had any problems getting your stuff into Bryce. I do beleive that Vindazi uses a mac though, so may have problems with the Jpg textures

Post edited by Chohole on
  • LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 2012

vindazi said:
    Does anyone know of street texture for Bryce? I want to create a foreground street scene.

There is a product called Bryce Masters Series - The Block ( http://www.daz3d.com/shop/bryce-masters-series-the-block ) that teaches you how to build a street scene in Bryce. I'm pretty sure it contains suitable materials for your street scene.

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
  • silk_99cfbbf5d0silk_99cfbbf5d0 Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Seams to me not long ago there was thread on here that was creating a procedural road texture.

• kiwi_ggkiwi_gg Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Well "HELLO" the rooster, so have you become a lurker in your old age?????

Merry Xmas
    Cheers
    GG

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I have never had any problems getting your stuff into Bryce. I do beleive that Vindazi uses a mac though, so may have problems with the Jpg textures

As long as the textures comes in at 'import object' stage, there is no problem.
    It's only if you wish to add a .jpg texture from within the Material Lab photo import that Bryce messes it up on the Mac.

That's why I have taken to mapping any photo texture I need onto a primitive in Poser and exporting it as an .obj file, then import the 'obj into Bryce so that the .jpg texture is available for me to map onto which ever model I need it for, then delete the imported primitive.
    It's a slightly longer way around but it works fine doing it that way. :)

• bjorn.lovollbjorn.lovoll Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

You can do this easily within bryce. Here are a couple of different examples of different looks. It would not be difficult to get it to look just like any road surface.

mystery_3.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 452K
    casac2959kp.jpg
    640 x 480 - 106K
    JSF_older4.jpg
    600 x 480 - 84K