Lets go Gorgon [commercial]

RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,729
edited December 2012 in The Commons

The Gorgon

Now Available!!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-gorgon

The Gorgon brings myth to life in a whole new way.
Through the power of Genesis you can create a whole race of Gorgons.
With options for seperate snake body or gorgon head you can create a wide range of creatures, from the classic gorgon to alien or fantasy creatures of all shapes and sizes. Mix and match however you like with any existing genesis character morph.

Product Includes:

• One Gorgon head prop
• One Gorgon tail prop
• One Gorgon head MAT
• One Gorgon tail MAT
• One Male genesis texture
• One Female genesis texture

• Many posing morphs for the head
• Many posing morphs for the tail

Special Holiday Deal!!

If you buy both sets at the same time you will receive the Gorgon Extreme set for 50% off instead of simply 20% off.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Rawn

Post edited by RawArt on

Comments

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,729
    edited December 2012

Gorgon Xtreme

Now Available!!!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/gorgon-xtreme

Eight dynamic new styles for the "Gorgon Medusa" character set.
    Add some realizm to these characters with snake patterns based on real world snakes.

Product Includes:

• Eight Gorgon head textures
    • Eight Gorgon tail textures
    • Three snake eye colours

GorgX_Main.jpg
    500 x 650 - 222K
    Post edited by RawArt on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Very cool, will save me the effort of hacking this together myself. Looks good.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Very cool. Can't wait to see how you set up the snake tail.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

Nice to see male and female gorgons together! Very well done.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,402
    edited December 1969

Wow. I've been wondering what you were working on next. These are going into my cart as soon as they are released.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

Very cool. A buy in my book

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Is that all geografted? It looks very flipping cool!

edited December 1969

Thanx Guys!

Yep..its all geografted.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Well that just rawks... sorry I can't afford to spend any more for a while, but I'll be putting it on my wishlist! Thanks RA!

• SonofbelmontSonofbelmont Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

sweet
    any chance of a rattlesnake tail morph?

edited December 1969

sweet
    any chance of a rattlesnake tail morph?

ahh...didnt even think of that...sorry

edited December 1969

The Gorgon

Now Available!!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-gorgon

The Gorgon brings myth to life in a whole new way.
    Through the power of Genesis you can create a whole race of Gorgons.
    With options for seperate snake body or gorgon head you can create a wide range of creatures, from the classic gorgon to alien or fantasy creatures of all shapes and sizes. Mix and match however you like with any existing genesis character morph.

Gorgon Xtreme

Now Available!!!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/gorgon-xtreme

Eight dynamic new styles for the "Gorgon Medusa" character set.
    Add some realizm to these characters with snake patterns based on real world snakes.

Medusa-POP4.jpg
    500 x 650 - 189K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

I need to get my jaw, because this is jaw dropping amazing. Wow you are so good!

edited December 1969

I need to get my jaw, because this is jaw dropping amazing. Wow you are so good!

Hah...I try :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:

Hah...I try :)

With these promo images and the stuff I already have of yours, you do great!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 2012

Wonderful product.

Clown-gorgon-1.jpg
    1500 x 1045 - 232K
    Post edited by scorpio on
    edited December 2012

Wonderful product.

Woah!....can count on you to take things to places I didnt even dream about.

Very cool and original

Post edited by RawArt on
    edited December 1969

Thank you.
    Its fun to work with

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Off to check how much of my gift certificate is left...very cool!

• BorgBoy7BorgBoy7 Posts: 102
    edited December 1969

Has anyone noticed that offer to get 50% off "Gorgon Xtreme's" current price if you buy it with "The Gorgon".
    I thought it was great for price then checked my cart to find out that it's not as low as you think.
    The end price should be $15.13 but ends up being $16.33. 50% off of $9.56 is $4.78 plus $10.35 equals $15.13, right?
    Can any one explane how that happened?

Screen_shot_2012-12-21_at_12.40_.37_PM_.png
    1027 x 504 - 69K
    edited December 1969

BorgBoy7 said:
    Has anyone noticed that offer to get 50% off "Gorgon Xtreme's" current price if you buy it with "The Gorgon".
    I thought it was great for price then checked my cart to find out that it's not as low as you think.
    The end price should be $15.13 but ends up being $16.33. 50% off of $9.56 is $4.78 plus $10.35 equals $15.13, right?

It's not 50 % off of 9.56...its 50% off of the original price of 11.95

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,495
    edited December 1969

Looks good Rawn, will probably be picking it up shortly. :)

Could you (or anyone else) post a picture of just the tail? I'm interested in seeing how it fades into the body, whether it's a transparency map or if the mesh is hard-edged.

Thanks!

• BorgBoy7BorgBoy7 Posts: 102
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    BorgBoy7 said:

It's not 50 % off of 9.56...its 50% off of the original price of 11.95

Oh well, already bought it anyway...

edited December 1969

Looks good Rawn, will probably be picking it up shortly. :)

Could you (or anyone else) post a picture of just the tail? I'm interested in seeing how it fades into the body, whether it's a transparency map or if the mesh is hard-edged.

Thanks!

The tail is geografted, so there is no edge

couple.jpg
    674 x 886 - 105K
    edited December 1969

A more traditional Gorgon

gorgonsm.jpg
    1500 x 1061 - 464K
    edited December 1969

Sorry, let me rephrase; I'm interesting in knowing how the texture from the tail blends into the female body. Is it made to look like it's fading via a transparency map or will the texture end rather abruptly? It looks more like it ends fairly quickly when reaching the human body, and the first thing I'm going to try to do is to blend it more smoothly if at all possible.

Thanks again.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Sorry, let me rephrase; I'm interesting in knowing how the texture from the tail blends into the female body. Is it made to look like it's fading via a transparency map or will the texture end rather abruptly? It looks more like it ends fairly quickly when reaching the human body, and the first thing I'm going to try to do is to blend it more smoothly if at all possible.

Thanks again.

Well...with a 3d painting program that allows painting across UV seams it should be pretty easy to do...

edited December 1969

I went ahead and bought it and the expansion pack, I need a gorgon tail for Genesis bad anyway. :) The way the texture blends into the body though...urgh, painting part of the included skin texture on the tail means that we can't use it with other human body textures and that's a massive pain in the butt for me. :(

Rawn, do you happen to have your original PSDs for your textures? I would like to try and make a transparency map that allows the tail to blend into any skin texture, but I'll need versions without the little skin area to attempt it. I plan on doing it for my own work regardless, but I'd like to be able to make something that I could share with other users if possible (and if I do it just for myself, it won't be anything I can share since I'll be editing the textures themselves). If not, I'll understand though.

Thanks,

SnowS

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

That is an annoying limitation, but very hard to avoid with the way GeoGrafting works. I can see two options, both requiring LIE presets to be added over the top: either use a masked scale area on the lower part of the remaining Genesis body to blend into the existing skin texture (which would of course move the join up on the body) or if the tail's upper portion had the Genesis mappings (which would require DAZ' blessing) use a similar blend mask to transition to the scales on the tail. Tricky to set up either way.

edited December 1969

Since Richard answered that question better than I could...I will just post some art.

Quetzalcoatl-1Small.jpg
    800 x 672 - 208K