Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,808
    edited December 1969

yes the uv mapping does not transfer over
    not sure if it was in studio or Carrara where I badl;y rigged it that it happened
    would not want to try fitting a map to those polys though!

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 2012

So, "officially", one plugin purchase denotes one install environment?

If I want it on both, I need to purchase a second license?

Sorry, I haven't purchased your previous works, so I was unaware of this fact.

At least I have 30 days to decide if I want to keep it then...

O.K., I don't expect any special treatment, so if I can only install on one PC, then I would like to "activate" my 64 bit box. I will delete the install on the 32 bit laptop.

I will email you the details, so you can rectify my situation.

Thank you for your prompt attention.

*EDIT:

***Sent you email to your account***

Post edited by DaremoK3 on
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:

No, sorry if I couldn't explain myself. If you guys need a 2nd activation code for another computer, I'll provide it free of charge.

edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:

Sorry, I haven't purchased your previous works, so I was unaware of this fact.

At least I have 30 days to decide if I want to keep it then...

O.K., I don't expect any special treatment, so if I can only install on one PC, then I would like to "activate" my 64 bit box. I will delete the install on the 32 bit laptop.

I will email you the details, so you can rectify my situation.

Thank you for your prompt attention.

*EDIT:

***Sent you email to your account***

Daremok, I just emailed you back!

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 2012

O.K. then, I won't uninstall the 32 bit version. Thank you for this, and for the clarification.

Good, I wanted it for testing on a low environment (It might not even work), and I spend 95% of my time on it opposed to my better workbox (uncomfortable chair compared to nice comfy chair with laptop on lap).

I await your email for my 64 bit activation then. Thanks again for your help, and support.

belovedalia:

How are you coming on your Anime Hair preset, and/or tutorial?

I am very interested in learning how you achieved this technique. Brilliant work.

*EDIT: Alessandro, got it. Thank you very much. I'm off to finish both installs, and testing. Thanks again!

Post edited by DaremoK3 on
    edited December 1969

Midnight Stories Lycan short and long fur presets are available at www.furrythings.com/presets/

I'd like to thank MS for making such a great figure!

ms_lycan.jpg
    673 x 1115 - 369K
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

I seem to be running into an error any time I try to render. The first couple of attempts I assumed it was just me not knowing what I was doing. But now there seems to be something more at work.

1. Start DAZ.
    2. Insert standard Genesis figure.
    3. Create Look at my Hair object.
    4. Import from Studio
    5. Load project. (Genesis - silk hair longer fringe from website)
    6. Click preview hair to see that its there.
    7. Export hair, accept defaults.
    8. Close LAMH, return to Studio. Object present.

Attempt to render and get an "unable to render" message with no other information.

Error log shows:
    WARNING: QGLShader::link: "Fragment shader(s) linked, vertex shader(s) linked.
    "
    "
    "
    "
    "
    WARNING: images\dzimagemgr.cpp(693): Empty path passed to DzImageMgr::findImage()
    WARNING: images\dzimagemgr.cpp(693): Empty path passed to DzImageMgr::findImage()
    Compiled C:/Users/Installer/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{6e3c80d3-33f2-44f7-8c55-1de242307487}/shader_Surface.sdl...
    stdin: in function dz_curve_hair

stdin:64: WARNING: variable 'dPdv' should be declared as 'extern'

stdin:67: WARNING: variable 'N' should be declared as 'extern'

stdin:70: WARNING: variable 'P' should be declared as 'extern'

stdin:78: WARNING: variable 'v' should be declared as 'extern'

Compiled C:/Users/Installer/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{d35b54c0-df25-4e31-96e3-9b05d0c4806e}/shader_Surface.sdl...

Saved image: F:\DAZLibraries\DAZProjects\Test.duf.png
    Rendering image
    Compiled C:/Users/Installer/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{210de364-33ca-414b-a889-fb551224d57a}/shader_Surface.sdl...
    Total Rendering Time: 3.47 seconds

Any ideas?

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 2012

@Legionair: I get the same issue (and same error messages) - I've sent some debugging/crash info to Alessandro, just waiting for timezones to catch up ;-).

I just read higher in the thread that you should NOT close LAMH before rendering - try that?
    I also found slightly more success if I saved the the scene first before Rendering - try that?
    Also, the test advice I was given was to try making a furry Sphere primitive, and see if that makes any difference?

Stay tuned... (^_^)n

Post edited by M F M on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Legionair said:
    I seem to be running into an error any time I try to render. The first couple of attempts I assumed it was just me not knowing what I was doing. But now there seems to be something more at work.

1. Start DAZ.
    2. Insert standard Genesis figure.
    3. Create Look at my Hair object.
    4. Import from Studio
    5. Load project. (Genesis - silk hair longer fringe from website)
    6. Click preview hair to see that its there.
    7. Export hair, accept defaults.
    8. Close LAMH, return to Studio. Object present.

Attempt to render and get an "unable to render" message with no other information.

Error log shows:
    "
    "
    "
    "
    "
    Compiled C:/Users/Installer/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{6e3c80d3-33f2-44f7-8c55-1de242307487}/shader_Surface.sdl...

Compiled C:/Users/Installer/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{d35b54c0-df25-4e31-96e3-9b05d0c4806e}/shader_Surface.sdl...

Saved image: F:\DAZLibraries\DAZProjects\Test.duf.png
    Rendering image
    Compiled C:/Users/Installer/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{210de364-33ca-414b-a889-fb551224d57a}/shader_Surface.sdl...
    Total Rendering Time: 3.47 seconds

Any ideas?

LAMH needs to be running in order for renders to function.

Kendall

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

...LAMH needs to be running in order for renders to function.

Hey Kendall, how does it communicate with the other components? does it use network sockets? would an aggressive firewall affect it?
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

Okay, that was it. As long as it is still open in the background, it will work.

I guess that means no more render to RIB?

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    ...LAMH needs to be running in order for renders to function.

Hey Kendall, how does it communicate with the other components? does it use network sockets? would an aggressive firewall affect it?

Firewalls do not affect LAMH to DS. The communication is completely plugin driven. I am working on making the renders happen without
    having the LAMH interface open, I think everyone will be pleased.

Alex and I are not sitting still. We will be updating LAMH on a regular basis, and adding new tools, features, and even user requests.

Give us your thoughts.

Kendall

edited December 2012

Legionair said:
    Okay, that was it. As long as it is still open in the background, it will work.

I guess that means no more render to RIB?

Oh, I constantly use RIB rendering. Don't despair, LAMH will get even better as the days go by. :-)

EDIT: There are already new toys on the way.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • edited December 1969

beregar said:
    This is probably extremely stupid question but where is the manual? I went through the registration without a hitch and LAMH seems to work fine but I can't find the manual from DS docs or even from plugins folder. :S

There should be the link in the Readme, but in any case you can grab it here: http://www.furrythings.com/LAMH.Manual.1.0.pdf

Be sure to check out also the Presets page at http://www.furrythings.com/presets

WOW.........I wish every plug-in and/or purchase I've made from Daz were as well documented as this is! Super fantastic job AM, and the price......I am jumping for joy, thank you, thank you, thank you.......and BTW I personally think the price is so reasonable that if I want to have this plug-in available on another system I will be more than happy to purchase another copy!

Merry Christmas to all!

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

how should we go about saving the LAMH group within a scene in Studio? when I saved a scene and reopened it the figure had no hair, the hair group was in the scene list, but no hair... good thing I saved it has a preset with in the plugin.

I guess exporting as obj instead of renderman curves would fix this.. I need to keep playing with it.
    mean while, I found shadow bias to make the biggest difference in how hair looks.

Hairtest2.jpg
    800 x 800 - 275K
    edited December 2012

Rareth said:
    how should we go about saving the LAMH group within a scene in Studio? when I saved a scene and reopened it the figure had no hair, the hair group was in the scene list, but no hair... good thing I saved it has a preset with in the plugin.

I guess exporting as obj instead of renderman curves would fix this.. I need to keep playing with it.
    mean while, I found shadow bias to make the biggest difference in how hair looks.

For the moment, you will need to save as a preset and add it onto the figure when needed. Duf encapsulation is VERY close.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

beregar said:
    This is probably extremely stupid question but where is the manual? I went through the registration without a hitch and LAMH seems to work fine but I can't find the manual from DS docs or even from plugins folder. :S

There should be the link in the Readme, but in any case you can grab it here: http://www.furrythings.com/LAMH.Manual.1.0.pdf

Be sure to check out also the Presets page at http://www.furrythings.com/presets

WOW.........I wish every plug-in and/or purchase I've made from Daz were as well documented as this is! Super fantastic job AM, and the price......I am jumping for joy, thank you, thank you, thank you.......and BTW I personally think the price is so reasonable that if I want to have this plug-in available on another system I will be more than happy to purchase another copy!

Merry Christmas to all!

Thank you very much for your kind words, really appreciated. :)

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    Mattymanx:

You should be able to activate it "offline".

I, too, have a workbox that does not ever connect to internet. Hell, I can't. There is no peripheral installed to connect to the internet (wi-fi card, ethernet card, modem, etc.) even if I wanted to.

But, I just received my activation code by way of offline copy and paste for this laptop (Admin working environment separate from no install Online environment). I still need to log off, reboot, log in to Admin account, fire up DS4, paste in my activation code, and press the authorize button. It seems it should work.

I've registered other software via this technique with no problems.

Thank you. I will bare that in mind.

edited December 1969

I was hoping different poses exported as obj could be used as morph targets on an obj for animation but unfortunately it seems the vertex count changes

edited December 1969

I was hoping different poses exported as obj could be used as morph targets on an obj for animation but unfortunately it seems the vertex count changes

I'll check on that, because the vertex count shouldn't be suposed to change.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

I have a feeling I'm doing something wrong here.

It is exported at 12000 hair quality and it is still too thin. I didn't touch density maps.

Hair_Test_01.jpg
    423 x 416 - 36K
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:

It is exported at 12000 hair quality and it is still too thin. I didn't touch density maps.

Hi Kattey, average human count is 120000, so you might want to try with that count. Also, if you feel hair are still to thin, you may increase root and width in the material setup window.

edited December 1969

Kattey said:

whoa.. bad hair day..

edited December 2012

I'll check on that, because the vertex count shouldn't be suposed to change.
    I reposed Genesis and synced it
    re-exporting then deleted genesis and exported wavefront obj
    un-did delete and reposed again and once more synced the hair
    then repeated creating 3 wavefront obj models
    but none can be used as morph targets for the others, morph loader fails saying vertex count does not match.
    maybe there is another way to do this?

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,809
    edited December 1969

Registration was no issue for me but I have a non standard install of Studio. The only issue I had was the directory's under user did not exist.

So if anyone has a problem with this create a folder called under C:/User//My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio.

The warning popup states that the directory structure should be C:/User//My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/content, but the folder does not appear to be used. Just put it in to be safe.

Thanks for the clarification, that might help other users.

Is that absolutely necessary? I dislike having vanity folders in my documents folder and kill them as much as possible. I know Infinito had the same limitation, but I was hoping it had been adjusted to handle whatever paths DS was set to use. Not a deal-breaker, of course.

• joelegeckojoelegecko Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Didn't have any issues installing/activating on Win32 (agreed it's a bit funky, given the conventions followed by most other plugins), however...

... is anyone else getting a render failure? (black render, renderer crashes badly, destabilising DS which in turn crashes a little later - this is with an empty scene with a single Genesis, a distant light and a LAMH object):

... WARNING: Object::connect: Parentheses expected, slot lookAtMyHairViewToolAction::nodeRemoved in afirstpluginaction.cpp:19066
    WARNING: Object::connect: (sender name: 'Genesis')
    WARNING: Object::connect: (receiver name: 'CreateItemAction')
    Compiled C:/Documents and Settings/XXXX/Application Data/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{5fcb9362-84a1-46e8-93d4-43e1346b06b0}/shader_Surface.sdl...

Compiled C:/Documents and Settings/XXXX/Application Data/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{ed281da5-a233-4f03-8ecb-93cf23292107}/shader_Surface.sdl...

Compiled C:/Documents and Settings/XXXX/Application Data/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{c0768abf-642f-451b-bcac-e2e2607773a3}/shader_Surface.sdl...

(this is with Windows XP (32-bit) 4G machine, DS 4.5.1.6 Pro, hair complexity turned down, so hopefully not running out of memory, yet X)

I wouldn't say it's an issue of the computer not being powerful enough. Would you mind sending me your logfile.txt ? (It's in Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/ folder)

I unfortunately gets the same render crashing issue ( and log is identitcal )...

edited December 1969

sort of getting the hang of this, I think it might be easier if I created mulitple folicle groups, instead of just the one..

GenesisMaleLAMH-test.jpg
    1356 x 1084 - 291K
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:

Hi Kattey, average human count is 120000, so you might want to try with that count. Also, if you feel hair are still to thin, you may increase root and width in the material setup window.
    Ok, I'll try this, thanks.

Aside of surfaces in DS core room itself, I don't see material setup window. I know it should be there, because the manual mentions it but I don't see where it is.

Out of curiosity, what sort of render times people have with that hair and under which lighting?

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Didn't have any issues installing/activating on Win32 (agreed it's a bit funky, given the conventions followed by most other plugins), however...

... is anyone else getting a render failure? (black render, renderer crashes badly, destabilising DS which in turn crashes a little later - this is with an empty scene with a single Genesis, a distant light and a LAMH object):

... WARNING: Object::connect: Parentheses expected, slot lookAtMyHairViewToolAction::nodeRemoved in afirstpluginaction.cpp:19066
    WARNING: Object::connect: (sender name: 'Genesis')
    WARNING: Object::connect: (receiver name: 'CreateItemAction')
    Compiled C:/Documents and Settings/XXXX/Application Data/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{5fcb9362-84a1-46e8-93d4-43e1346b06b0}/shader_Surface.sdl...

Compiled C:/Documents and Settings/XXXX/Application Data/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{ed281da5-a233-4f03-8ecb-93cf23292107}/shader_Surface.sdl...

Compiled C:/Documents and Settings/XXXX/Application Data/DAZ 3D/Studio4/shaders/brickyard/{c0768abf-642f-451b-bcac-e2e2607773a3}/shader_Surface.sdl...

(this is with Windows XP (32-bit) 4G machine, DS 4.5.1.6 Pro, hair complexity turned down, so hopefully not running out of memory, yet X)

I wouldn't say it's an issue of the computer not being powerful enough. Would you mind sending me your logfile.txt ? (It's in Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/ folder)

I unfortunately gets the same render crashing issue ( and log is identitcal )...

Be sure that LAMH is not closed when you render...

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Kattey said:

whoa.. bad hair day..
    I wanted to create swept-up hair like that one

This discussion has been closed.