Showing Genesis content on Poser 10

edited December 2016 in Poser Discussion

Can someone please tell me where to put the DSON importer content and Genesis content? Does it need to be in a cetain folder or something? The thumbnails are showing on Poser, but the figure(s) won't load...

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File... \IM00016280-02_Genesis2FemaleStarterEssentialsPoserCF\Content\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People\Genesis 2 Base Female.py", line 1, in <module>
    import dson.dzdsonimporter
ImportError: No module named dson.dzdsonimporter

I have Poser 10 running on Windows 10.

The folder containing it, is on my external hard disk, but not in Program Files folders. I've been following whatever guides I can. Is there somewhere in particular I need to put everything?

Thankyou.

...Done it now, all sorted. smiley

Post edited by dmr_1984_0d4160c9a8 on

Comments

• Could you explain to me how you solved this? I'm brand new to Poser, just gifted myself Poser 11. Downloaded/installed DSON but I get that same error in poser any time I try to bring in a figure. :(

• Manually install the importer. I have no better explanation than it just flakes out sometimes and forgets it's installed. I've had it randomly start saying that after it had been working fine for a long time. Warning, though: if you do manually install it, you will never be able to install it with the Install Manager again, that's just more than it can take. If you point it toward the right folder, and assuming you do have Poser Pro (it won't work with regular Poser), that should fix it.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

The Importer is installed to the Poser Program Directory.  The content is installed to a folder that has been added to the Poser Library.  If you have DAZ Studio installed, simply add your Content folders to the Poser Library, and make sure the Poser Companion files ('"CF") are installed along with the Studio DSON files...