DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6 is now available

Comments

• edited December 1969

Yes - something is corrupt. I think I'll try to restore my 4.0 and check back in for Daz 5

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...one thing I noticed (but didn't say much about) was all the icons in the app's UI are mixed up. I have Distant Light icon denoting my Default and any new Cameras I create. Spotlights are denoted by the Point Light Icon, Distant lights are denoted by the Spotlight Icon.

In the Library tab, the Poser/Daz Studio runtime Icons are also messed up as well:

"Cameras" has the "Hands" icon
    "Figures has the "Poses" icon
    "Expressions" has the "Lights" icon
    "Hair" has the "props" icon
    "Hands has an icon that looks like three playing cards
    ":Lights" has a Heart icon
    "Poses" has the "Hair?" icon
    "Props" has the Daz Logo

More of a cosmetic issue, but still means something isn't quite right.

On another note, was able to solve the Duplicate ID issue by installing updated versions of my Genesis content.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...one thing I noticed (but didn't say much about) was all the icons in the app's UI are mixed up. I have Distant Light icon denoting my Default and any new Cameras I create. Spotlights are denoted by the Point Light Icon, Distant lights are denoted by the Spotlight Icon.

In the Library tab, the Poser/Daz Studio runtime Icons are also messed up as well:

"Props" has the Daz Logo

On another note, was able to solve the Duplicate ID issue by installing updated versions of my Genesis content.

Very strange, I'm not seeing this. What layout and style are you using?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,707
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

"Props" has the Daz Logo

Very strange, I'm not seeing this. What layout and style are you using?

And if you are using Darkside, did you manually reinstall the old version or are you using the current version that is installed by the main application?

edited December 1969

...still using the original version that I installed after installing 4.0. Currently on Pro4.5.114. Never made the move to .16 because of issues others were having when it was still a beta.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,707
    edited December 1969

So you didn't use the separate Darkside installer after installing 4.5.0.114?

edited December 1969

...no because I thought that wouldn't matter as long as I already had it installed.

So I need to go back and get the updated version then?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...no because I thought that wouldn't matter as long as I already had it installed.

So I need to go back and get the updated version then?

For Darkside...no...DON'T install the standalone on the more recent versions. It can mess things up...Darkside is now included in what is installed. No need for a separate installer.

edited December 2012

...is (was) it part of the Pro 4.5.114 installer?

If so this makes me wonder if the oddities are because I needed to uninstall the older standalone first.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Yes, it's part of the installer...

I didn't uninstall Darkside, first when I upgraded.

edited December 1969

...and all your icons are correct?

edited December 1969

Yeah...

edited December 2012

...maybe I'll uninstall just the old version of the UI (if there is an uninstaller for it) then do a reinstall of 4.5.114. It doesn't really affect performance but still, is a but odd to deal with.

Update: that did the trick. Have the Darkside UI and all Icons in their correct places.

edited December 1969

...OK learned that some of my mapping woes were due to a bugs in .114 that were fixed in the1.6 update.

Reset my 4.5 Pro download. The one question, do I need to re-download and re-install the Genesis Essentials 1.6 (over 400MB) as well to avoid a possible recurrence of Duplicate ID errors?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK learned that some of my mapping woes were due to a bugs in .114 that were fixed in the1.6 update.

Reset my 4.5 Pro download. The one question, do I need to re-download and re-install the Genesis Essentials 1.6 (over 400MB) as well to avoid a possible recurrence of Duplicate ID errors?

I wouldn't think there would be Duplicate ID errors, but there are probably other bug fixes in the content.

edited December 1969

...realised I probably should DL it anyway since I will be installing everything on the Workstation. Took over an hour even with the faster throughput at the hotspot.

The update did cure the mapping issues I was having.

edited December 2012

...OK have 1.6 installed and working but how do I get rid of that "Lesson Strip" pop up? I keep checking the "do not show this again" box but every time I open the programme, there it is again.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Right click on the menu bar and deselect "Status Bar"

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

Is there a way to disable genesis from loading when opening studio?

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:

Yes, I've done it (half the time I'm going to open up a saved scene I'm working on and I don't want the program to take the time to load a Genesis that's just gonna get deleted). I'm not at home to check the steps, but you can either tell DS not to load the default scene (which contains Genesis) or save a blank scene as the default.
    edited December 1969

If you can post how later would be appreciated many thanks

edited December 1969

Edit > Preferences > Startup, untick the "Load File" box.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:

. . . you can either tell DS not to load the default scene (which contains Genesis) or save a blank scene as the default.
    That's what I did, so I saved a StartupScene file with a starting set of lights and cameras. That way I can just add/delete whatever lights are (or aren't) needed once I have all my characters and props loaded into the scene, but a blank StartupScene will work as well.
    edited December 2012

I did what fixmypcmike posted works like a charm! I got used to this after my notebook had the HD replaced when I re installed DS and attached my content files it would load genesis free. I never was able to get rid of duplication errors. Wasted a lot of time trying. I now installed .19 with the newer content so Genesis was loading again got on my nerves...

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • ZairdragonZairdragon Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Hey, I installed this new version and now I'm getting an error message saying that it requires an open gl 1.3. Has anyone else had this problem?

edited December 1969

Usually that happens if you dont have the right video drivers

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited January 2013

Well,

I bit the bullet and am now a DS owner. I didn't say user as I haven't fully used it yet! The install worked like a charm (not the silly sidebars in Win 8), no CMS issues, video card issues or anything come to that. I then installed the Genesis Starter Essentials and they went in fine. I then updated to the latest beta and again that went without a hitch. During this, the CMS installer told me that, as I hadn't made any changes, I didn't need to reinstall it and it told me to quit. I did and the rest of the install went without any issues at all. The updated GSE went in fine too.

So far, so good! Now to install some more content and then I'll see about some renders!

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
    edited December 1969

artistb3 said:
    artistb3 said:
    artistb3 said:
    DavidGB said:
    Windows 7. The first crashed uninstall did manage somehow to wipe out the .dat file for the uninstaller, so on any subsequent attempts to install the uninstall failed again, this time erroring on the lack of the .dat file. And every time the uninstall fails for any reason, the installer itself crashes the moment control is returned to it by my acknowledging the failure of the uninstall.

This whole DAZ install/uninstall method is so unrobust I could cry. It is just so pathetic.

There should be an option to install without uninstalling, to deal with cases when the uninstall fails.

And the installer should not crash immediately following the failure of an uninstall.

This really isn't rocket science. Just basic, for heaven's sake. Build in some flipping robustness. Don't just assume every step will succeed so when one step fails the whole thing goes tits up.

This happened, and I reported it, virtually every DS 4 beta before the first DS4 public release. And since the public release and my demotion to the ranks of the plebs, it's kept on happening every public version and public beta of DS 4 and DS4.5 too.

Hello? Anyone listening? Well, I was never listened to as a tester, all my open bug reports were closed awhile ago even though I kept adding notes the bugs were still there (and no, I am NOT going to type them all out again in a new bug tracker - typing hurts, and you could have damn well migrated the open bugs, or checked them yourselves instead of just closing them), so I don't suppose I'll be listened to as a mere customer.

Yes, I've got it to install by going into my Program Files and manually deleting the broken uninstaller .exe. A user SHOULD NOT NEED TO DO THAT.

Then the installer ran to completion - but threw up an error message about a problem installing the CMS.

AGAIN.

JUST LIKE LAST BETA INSTALL AND THE ONE BEFORE.

Good thing i don't use the CMS - though ti would be nice to have it just in case I ever want it.

It would be REALLY NICE if DAZ actually spent some time fixing things, instead of just releasing new things (some broken) while leaving all the broken stuff unfixed. It would be ESPECIALLY NICE if, for the first time ever in all the beta and public versions of DS 4 and DS 4.5 JUST ONE would actually install without crashes of installers and uninstallers and error messages about parts of the install process and me needing to go rooting through the Program Files folders to find and delete things just to get the bloody thing to install.

Crazed. I got the same problem. It appears to be an issue with the Remove-DAZStudio4_Win64.exe that was installed with the 4.5.0 release. Windows reports "...is not a valid Win32 application" when trying to run it directly.

After attempting to run the 4.5.1.6 installer, DAZ studio no longer even appears in the Control Panel list of installed programs (registry now screwed up?). Not possible to uninstall using any standard method that I can see. This is so pathetic and also so typical of DAZ. Before trying anything else, would be useful to find out what others have successfully done to get this to work.

Some additional information. Just information and I don't recommend anyone else do this as I may regret my haste. In any case, I renamed the Remove-DAZStudio4_Win64.exe in Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\Uninstallers to Remove-DAZStudio4_Win64.exe.bak and re-ran the 4.5.1.6 installer. It installed. However, since an uninstaller did not run for the previous version, I do not know what impact this may have. I will probably run the uninstall and then re-install before proceeding.

Previous post indicates that this problem was reported during beta testing. If it is the same problem, there is simply no valid excuse for not fixing it prior to the general release of 4.5. Period.

One final bit of information here. This is what I have done:

1. Tried installing 4.5.1.6 but the process fails during the uninstall. Narrowed this down to a problem with Remove-DAZStudio4_Win64.exe in Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\Uninstallers. Tried to re-install 4.5.0 but that failed, as well.

2. Renamed Remove-DAZStudio4_Win64.exe to Remove-DAZStudio4_Win64.exe.bak and re-ran the 4.5.1.6 installer. Studio installed but without an uninstall of 4.5.0.

3. Re-ran the 4.5.1.6 installer again. This time the entire install worked without issue.

4. Ran installers for 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx.exe, 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc.exe, DS4_3DBridge_1.2.1.6_Win64.exe, DS4_Decimator_1.3.1.6_Win64.exe, DS4_GoZ_1.2.1.6_Win64.exe, DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Win64.exe. All of them installed without issue.

5. Ran DAZ studio and verified that 4.5.1.6 is the installed version. It is and everything appears to be in order.

Again, this is for information only. I do not recommend that anyone else experiencing this issue try the same thing. I do not believe this is a system issue. I believe this is an issue with the 4.5.0 installer combined with a problem in with the 4.5.1.6 installer (in that it does not properly account for the issue with the 4.5.0 installer).

So was this ever officially resolved please? I bought Reality 2.0 which will not work except with Studio 4.5.1.6, and I have run into the same problem; uninstaller and installer crashes at once! PLEASE tell me there is a safe solution, since someone posted "I do not recommend that anyone else experiencing this issue try the same thing."

Is there an official fix yet or what?

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

I suppose the reason why I didn't have any issues was possibly that I didn't install much content at all the first time round. All I installed was DS and the Genesis Essentials. I just installed the beta over the top and it was fine.

If you have a lot of installed content, move it, then install the beta, move it back when you have and it should be alright. I've done this when switching computers and upgrading OS and software. Poses and materials all seem fine, if you're worried about issues with figures then you could reinstall the base figures.

Obviously this won't be the same for everyone and I can only go by what has worked for me.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

artistb3 said:
    artistb3 said:
    artistb3 said:
    DavidGB said:
    Windows 7. The first crashed uninstall did manage somehow to wipe out the .dat file for the uninstaller, so on any subsequent attempts to install the uninstall failed again, this time erroring on the lack of the .dat file. And every time the uninstall fails for any reason, the installer itself crashes the moment control is returned to it by my acknowledging the failure of the uninstall.

This whole DAZ install/uninstall method is so unrobust I could cry. It is just so pathetic.

There should be an option to install without uninstalling, to deal with cases when the uninstall fails.

And the installer should not crash immediately following the failure of an uninstall.

This really isn't rocket science. Just basic, for heaven's sake. Build in some flipping robustness. Don't just assume every step will succeed so when one step fails the whole thing goes tits up.

This happened, and I reported it, virtually every DS 4 beta before the first DS4 public release. And since the public release and my demotion to the ranks of the plebs, it's kept on happening every public version and public beta of DS 4 and DS4.5 too.

Hello? Anyone listening? Well, I was never listened to as a tester, all my open bug reports were closed awhile ago even though I kept adding notes the bugs were still there (and no, I am NOT going to type them all out again in a new bug tracker - typing hurts, and you could have damn well migrated the open bugs, or checked them yourselves instead of just closing them), so I don't suppose I'll be listened to as a mere customer.

Yes, I've got it to install by going into my Program Files and manually deleting the broken uninstaller .exe. A user SHOULD NOT NEED TO DO THAT.

Then the installer ran to completion - but threw up an error message about a problem installing the CMS.

AGAIN.

JUST LIKE LAST BETA INSTALL AND THE ONE BEFORE.

Good thing i don't use the CMS - though ti would be nice to have it just in case I ever want it.

It would be REALLY NICE if DAZ actually spent some time fixing things, instead of just releasing new things (some broken) while leaving all the broken stuff unfixed. It would be ESPECIALLY NICE if, for the first time ever in all the beta and public versions of DS 4 and DS 4.5 JUST ONE would actually install without crashes of installers and uninstallers and error messages about parts of the install process and me needing to go rooting through the Program Files folders to find and delete things just to get the bloody thing to install.

Crazed. I got the same problem. It appears to be an issue with the Remove-DAZStudio4_Win64.exe that was installed with the 4.5.0 release. Windows reports "...is not a valid Win32 application" when trying to run it directly.

After attempting to run the 4.5.1.6 installer, DAZ studio no longer even appears in the Control Panel list of installed programs (registry now screwed up?). Not possible to uninstall using any standard method that I can see. This is so pathetic and also so typical of DAZ. Before trying anything else, would be useful to find out what others have successfully done to get this to work.

Some additional information. Just information and I don't recommend anyone else do this as I may regret my haste. In any case, I renamed the Remove-DAZStudio4_Win64.exe in Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\Uninstallers to Remove-DAZStudio4_Win64.exe.bak and re-ran the 4.5.1.6 installer. It installed. However, since an uninstaller did not run for the previous version, I do not know what impact this may have. I will probably run the uninstall and then re-install before proceeding.

Previous post indicates that this problem was reported during beta testing. If it is the same problem, there is simply no valid excuse for not fixing it prior to the general release of 4.5. Period.

One final bit of information here. This is what I have done:

1. Tried installing 4.5.1.6 but the process fails during the uninstall. Narrowed this down to a problem with Remove-DAZStudio4_Win64.exe in Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\Uninstallers. Tried to re-install 4.5.0 but that failed, as well.

2. Renamed Remove-DAZStudio4_Win64.exe to Remove-DAZStudio4_Win64.exe.bak and re-ran the 4.5.1.6 installer. Studio installed but without an uninstall of 4.5.0.

3. Re-ran the 4.5.1.6 installer again. This time the entire install worked without issue.

4. Ran installers for 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx.exe, 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc.exe, DS4_3DBridge_1.2.1.6_Win64.exe, DS4_Decimator_1.3.1.6_Win64.exe, DS4_GoZ_1.2.1.6_Win64.exe, DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Win64.exe. All of them installed without issue.

5. Ran DAZ studio and verified that 4.5.1.6 is the installed version. It is and everything appears to be in order.

Again, this is for information only. I do not recommend that anyone else experiencing this issue try the same thing. I do not believe this is a system issue. I believe this is an issue with the 4.5.0 installer combined with a problem in with the 4.5.1.6 installer (in that it does not properly account for the issue with the 4.5.0 installer).

So was this ever officially resolved please? I bought Reality 2.0 which will not work except with Studio 4.5.1.6, and I have run into the same problem; uninstaller and installer crashes at once! PLEASE tell me there is a safe solution, since someone posted "I do not recommend that anyone else experiencing this issue try the same thing."

Is there an official fix yet or what?

Do you have the right version of Reality compatible with 4.5 ? Build: 2.50.1.107 I use 4.5 beta (which I think is now slower to save & load again) & Reality. I am still on win 7 but purchased the win 8 upgrade from M$ for $15.00 I just want to make sure all is compatible before upgrading.