HELP! I found GRAY HAIR!!! *WINNERS Announced!*

Comments

• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

I wasn't part of the LAMH beta group but the hair in both renders I submitted were done in the open beta for Garibaldi - a similar system to LAMH. (hint hint)

I would love either one. :-)

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,489
    edited December 1969

Garibaldi isn't out, so and I'm already sponsoring 2 things... that's my limit I'm afraid ;)

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Belovedalia... you do know that your gray hair is causing the world to end tomorrow, do you not?

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Belovedalia... you do know that your gray hair is causing the world to end tomorrow, do you not?

Too cruel, too cruel!!!

:sobs in despair:

• EximorphEximorph Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

NO!!!

HAIRY PICTURES!!!! I'm going gray, my hubby's going bald... tease us with hair pics!! I don't care what or how.... Daz and Poser renders fire away.

When you wrote Daz renders does that include all DAZ programs? I have some DAZ Carrara renders I could enter.

Ashlyn for Laura, dynamic hair by me

L3Ashlyn1.jpg
    640 x 800 - 105K
    edited December 1969

Sure Eximorph, go for it!!

one of these ii'll get around to learning carrara.... just....not yet

• EximorphEximorph Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

These are all Carrara dynamic hair.

The 2 pink spiky hair pictures are from the early days of dynamic hair in 2008.
    The girl with what I've been thinking of as the Girly Mohawk is A4.
    The girl with spiky brown hair is A3Genesis. This also shows that I've been trying to create the perfect spiky anime hair since 2008.
    Lately, I was unhappy with making hair directly on Genesis' relatively low-poly head and made my own skullcap. The picture with Stephanie5 has long brown hair built on my skullcap.

S5Dress2.jpg
    750 x 1200 - 149K
    GenA3Test1-1.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 252K
    A4Raiver.jpg
    720 x 1200 - 219K
    SpikyHair4.jpg
    480 x 640 - 223K
    SpikyHair2.jpg
    480 x 640 - 211K
  • GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

Speaking of Carrara - here's an old one I have lying around from a couple of years ago.

That's Carrara dynamic hair.

CloseupFinal.jpg
    1000 x 790 - 425K
    edited December 1969

beautiful!! Loving it :D :D :D

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

Please comment if you use Daz or if you decide to buy the plugin so there's no conflicts. :)

Daz user who can't afford to buy it. :down:

White hair doesn't necessary mean old.

zz.jpg
    539 x 620 - 65K
    edited December 1969

Mr Leong said:
    Please comment if you use Daz or if you decide to buy the plugin so there's no conflicts. :)

Can't afford the plugin or can't afford Daz Studio? Because Daz is free now :) And I encourage you to keep me giggling for your chances to get the plugin or Gift cert!

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

Mr Leong said:

Can't afford the plugin or can't afford Daz Studio? Because Daz is free now :) And I encourage you to keep me giggling for your chances to get the plugin or Gift cert!

Kinda both. My computer still has a floppy drive for 3.5 inch diskettes. I don't think it can handle Daz Studio 4.5
    Been saving up for a new computer.

Although I have already purchase some Genesis items even though I can't use them yet. Smay's "Bad Guy for Genesis" was Fast Grab for $2.99 and "Leather jacket for Genesis" was Fast Grab for $2.69. Couldn't pass them up at those prices.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

I think Gray hair is pretty !

gray_hair_is_pretty.jpg
    1292 x 871 - 221K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 2012

Done 'quickly' with Garibaldi beta10 (got to around 38% and slapped HHD hard so 8GB PC with nothign else open ground to a halt!), a vague attempt at a Gonk ...

Gonk.jpg
    600 x 776 - 203K
    Post edited by SimonJM on
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Everybody's favorite Alien in his rebellious youth phase.

flare.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 342K
  • Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

How about Hair that isn't hair?

No one knows her natural hair color, because she keeps it covered!

Sushkinia.jpg
    1296 x 1728 - 482K
    edited December 1969

As does she ...

(Between you and me, it is pure white)

Gypsy-Rose.jpg
    1358 x 1702 - 444K
    edited December 1969

Then we have this little lady. If only her problem was the color of her hair!

It takes her hours to get her hair under control. Even worse, it weighs almost more than she does!

Fare-Thee-Well.jpg
    1358 x 1702 - 457K
    edited December 1969

Finally ... these two old warriors have a few more problems than the color of their hair. Like ... armor that does nothing to keep them warm.

It wasn't that noticeable when they were young and spry. But blood tends to thin with age, you know?

Not to mention the way things tend to sag and bulge over time.

Old_Warriors_Never_Retire.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 454K
    edited December 1969

Did I say finally? Silly me. This guy wishes he had some hair.

Fortunately, he's rather hot blooded, so he doesn't seem to mind slogging through the snow and ice.

The-Wild-Man-of-the-Snows.jpg
    1296 x 1728 - 535K
    edited December 1969

Unlike the others, Wild Man is only a few weeks old.

All are done in Poser Pro 2012, with postwork in Photoshop CS5.

Gypsy Rose was the first time I used SSS in Poser Pro 2012. She's still one of my favorites.

Sushkinia's clothing and wig were made in Marvelous Designer 2. The ropes on the wig were great fun! Keeping them from turning inside out during the simulation was tricky ... and a very, very slow process as I moved them into place a tiny bit at a time.

Wild Man uses Snarlygribbly's Snow Machine for the snow on the fence and Moon Gate. Ron's winter snow brushes provide the flurries. The kilt is made in MD2 also, and it's probably difficult to see, but it really, really is pleated.

And ... there you have it.

(I have no hair left on my head as each of these postings took from 2 to 4 attempts. I kept getting messages that the DAZ site was down.)

What a rough start to the holiday weekend! I had no internet when I got home, and it took an hour or so to reestablish my network. I'd guess I lost DSL during the day. When that happens, the router seems to lose all knowledge of its settings, and I have to reset it and go through the configuration again. But the router is getting on in years. Perhaps it's time to consider a new one. (Or a move to a more stable neighborhood :P )

Now, I'm going to go find something to eat. (This page is SO mine!)

• JeadorJeador Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I called this one "Older Girlz Just Wanna Have Fun..." :-)

It's hard to find hair that looks good on an older model. I wish LAMH had been available when I did this image.

older-girlz.jpg
    1158 x 796 - 74K
    edited December 1969

Does April's Featherhawk count as Hair that isn't hair?

origimage_1_1972444.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 88K
    edited December 1969

And here's a Glamor Shot of The Daz Cow (plus a version I tried to "Toonify" in post work)

portrait2hairtoon_copy.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 478K
    portrait2hair.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 428K
    edited December 1969

But of course it does!

Does April's Featherhawk count as Hair that isn't hair?

I decided it was time to conquer the Poser Hair room.

I'd originally intended to keep clothing to a minimum and use no scenery because I was worried about the render times with Poser hair. Well ... as you can see, I changed my mind. I kept increasing the Hair Density, without a noticeable increase in render time, but at 13,500 density, I started getting nervous.

So ... without further ado, here she is. The Assassin ... in all her white haired glory.

The-Assassin.jpg
    1296 x 1728 - 545K
    edited December 1969

Oh my and here I thought no one was posting but it's just that my forum reply notifications stopped again. :) Fantastic images everyone and definitely brightening up my day!!! Everyone stay warm this holiday week... brrrrrrr! Everyone's sick in my house but me and just hoping i can avoid what they have! >_<</p>

No more gray hairs spotted yet :P

remember you have until January one and be sure to mention if you work in Daz or Poser so I don't give you something you can't use!
    Thanks all for the support ^^

• randym77randym77 Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

Poser dynamic hair. I don't use DS. Yet, anyway.

"I'm Rapitzel. Rapunzel's the next tower over."

rapitzel.jpg
    674 x 578 - 112K
  • WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

Cirque du Soleil fun at the factory during lunch hour.

I used Das Studio and don't have the Look at My Hair plugin yet

Factory_Fun.jpg
    539 x 620 - 211K
  • kmw_5213kmw_5213 Posts: 74
    edited January 2013

I started losing my hair about 10 years ago. Maybe sooner. Can't say I really recorded the moment. Last few years, I've been finding gray hairs all over my body. Haven't given it much thought, but if I did, I'd probably say growing bald, gray and old with someone is far better than the many alternatives. :)

Just saying.

kmw

EDITED TO ADD; Used Poser for this one.

old-couple.jpg
    800 x 653 - 297K
    Post edited by kmw_5213 on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Sweet render!