keyMate - Commercial - Released

Comments

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,094
    edited December 1969

OK, just so that you know, that doesn't work with the dancing turns. Here's what happens: I now have two of the saved animations added to a DS file. The first animation did have an extra frame added in. I went to the end of the first animation. I added the second animation.

Now, here's what happens if a play or drag the timer head through: As the character nears the end of the first animation, she suddenly REVERSES her turn direction and makes a very fast turn in the opposite direction. Also, she loses her precise leg, ankle, foot and toe ballet positioning and seems to be picking up positioning from the second animation in that respect, which begins with the dancer in a full knee bend. When she performs the second animation, she performs it correctly.

I wish there were some way to break whatever links exist between the first and second animations, so that the second would not interfere with the first. Something like a "FULL STOP" (in music) command is needed.

• ammon_fde0d92863ammon_fde0d92863 Posts: 119
    edited December 2012

inquire said:
    OK, just so that you know, that doesn't work with the dancing turns. Here's what happens: I now have two of the saved animations added to a DS file. The first animation did have an extra frame added in. I went to the end of the first animation. I added the second animation.

Now, here's what happens if a play or drag the timer head through: As the character nears the end of the first animation, she suddenly REVERSES her turn direction and makes a very fast turn in the opposite direction. Also, she loses her precise leg, ankle, foot and toe ballet positioning and seems to be picking up positioning from the second animation in that respect, which begins with the dancer in a full knee bend. When she performs the second animation, she performs it correctly.

I wish there were some way to break whatever links exist between the first and second animations, so that the second would not interfere with the first. Something like a "FULL STOP" (in music) command is needed.

When you write full stop I think of the following
    - click on the root of the character
    - click the set key button in keyMate.
    - Collapse the tree in keyMate so all keys are on one line.
    - Select the key where you want the break and change the Interpolation Type to Constant.

That should be a full stop. Anything after that key will not, in way be, affected, by the keys before that full stop. It wont even tween between the two keys.

b.jpg
    1228 x 802 - 198K
    a.jpg
    1228 x 802 - 195K
    Post edited by ammon_fde0d92863 on
  • athenenoctuaathenenoctua Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wait....what? Did you just release a product that allows animators to use splines on a DAZ timeline?

ooooo. Must examine more closely.

edited December 1969

Wait....what? Did you just release a product that allows animators to use splines on a DAZ timeline?

ooooo. Must examine more closely.

Yes sir,
    - store page, http://www.daz3d.com/shop/graphmate
    - forum post, http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13542/

edited December 2012

Go Figure wrote:

When you write full stop I think of the following
    - Collapse the tree in keyMate so all keys are on one line.
    - Select the key where you want the break and change the Interpolation Type to Constant.

That should be a full stop. Anything after that key will not, in way be, affected, by the keys before that full stop. It wont even tween between the two keys.
    Nope, that did not do it. Sorry to take so long to get back. Had to sleep, go to dentist's, etc. I did as you suggested. The animation was 85 frames before adding the second pirouette or turn. I clicked on the root of the character. Clicked on the set key button in keyMate, collapsed the tree so all the keys were on one line, selected the key where I wanted the break and changed the interpolation type to Constant. Then I added the new animation turn I had saved. That brought the total number of frames to 125.

What happens is that around frame 77 (of the 85 original frames), the character begins to be affected by the new animation positions. I get the same alteration of body parts and the character does a quick turn in the opposite direction.

I don't understand why there isn't a command to say "Don't tween with anything beyond this point." And maybe a command for "From this frame on, tween with following frames." For dancing animations at least, this would make excellent sense to me.

Post edited by inquire on
  • acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited December 1969

The 64 bit PC keyMate download is not available - has anyone else actually managed to download this after purchasing?

I've tried the usual tired old method of resetting downloads but always get the message "Sorry, that download is not currently available."

For a while it seemed like DAZ had sorted out the store problems, but ... here we go again :(

• edited December 1969

When I got it days ago, it was working...

edited December 1969

acanthis,

I sent you a PM.

edited December 1969

Nope, that did not do it. Sorry to take so long to get back. Had to sleep, go to dentist's, etc. I did as you suggested. The animation was 85 frames before adding the second pirouette or turn. I clicked on the root of the character. Clicked on the set key button in keyMate, collapsed the tree so all the keys were on one line, selected the key where I wanted the break and changed the interpolation type to Constant. Then I added the new animation turn I had saved. That brought the total number of frames to 125.

What happens is that around frame 77 (of the 85 original frames), the character begins to be affected by the new animation positions. I get the same alteration of body parts and the character does a quick turn in the opposite direction.

I don't understand why there isn't a command to say "Don't tween with anything beyond this point." And maybe a command for "From this frame on, tween with following frames." For dancing animations at least, this would make excellent sense to me.

Hmmm. You are right its only half the problem, it does effect the values before.

One more try
    - import your 1st animation
    - go to the last frame
    - add 2 frames to the total frames
    - go to the next frame(what is now the second to last frame)
    - click the set key button in keyMate. You should have 2 identical sets of keys right next to one another
    - go forward one frame
    - import your animation

• acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited December 1969

Thanks, got the PM.

The download is now working. Must have been another one of those tiresome Random Store Purchase Time Delays which DAZ have written into the new store software to annoy its customers ;)

edited December 1969

Go Figure wrote:

"One more try
    - import your 1st animation
    - go to the last frame
    - add 2 frames to the total frames
    - go to the next frame(what is now the second to last frame)
    - click the set key button in keyMate. You should have 2 identical sets of keys right next to one another
    - go forward one frame
    - import your animation"

................................................................................................................................

Yes! That worked! Thank you very much for this help. This could be very, very valuable to me. And to anyone who wants to do ballet or dancing animations.

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

will new animation imports at mark position on timeline or will it import at frame "0"?

edited December 1969

will new animation imports at mark position on timeline or will it import at frame "0"?

Everything I have tried starts at the current frame.
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

myabe you said about daz timeline I think,,
    then when import bvh , it recorded keys from the current frame when you improt the file.:roll:

then,, tahnks much go figure again,,, ^^
    I am happy now I can clearly see and check which node recorded, in ds timeline.
    and when select the property, I can check by graph mate.

so even though I am perfect new comer to 3d animation,, I can make simple excize with genesis .apply chaarcter morph
    and expression,,,

without your tools,,it was too difficult for me because I can not clearly understand which node key recorded the value,,, in ds timeline.
    and if I made mistake,, I could not correct it ,,, needed serch and select each node in scen tab,, and check again and again before,,,

I feel some point which may better to future improvement,, but I perfectly content with key mate and graph mate combination,,.

edited December 1969

Thank you for your kinds words.

edited December 1969

Autofit crash bug is fixed and the installers are available in your daz accounts. This bug may have also shown up during some parenting and unparenting operations. Everyone who has version 1.0.0.4 for keyMate is urged to download keyMate from their account. The new version is 1.0.0.5 . You can check what version you have by doing Menu -> Help -> about plugins -> click on keyMate -> the version will show up below.

• skamotionskamotion Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

Are there tangent handles for manipulating the shape of the curve in the graph editor?

Cheers

SKA

edited December 2012

there seems no handle, but can directly manipulate and move each key in graph editor.
    then adjust curve. (sometimes may need apply more keys to get good curve)

with ctrl key r-drug . I can move and slide key to each time flame.
    if do not use ctrl key, often the key set on middle of key frame, eg frame 10 and 11, (10.3 etc)^^;

and I think it may better to get key mate too,(not2 editted @@;) to select and adjust each value by graphe mate.

it can automatically change the graph when tweak controller on parameter tab,
    but it seems little bit difficult when you change value of many controller, to clearly grab which you record or not,
    and modify after you made keys.

if get key mate, I can check each value graph on graph mate, by select property on key mate too.
    may need caution,, not select the key on key mate. or not scene tab node.

hope,,I do not say mistake ^^;

graphmate.JPG
    916 x 737 - 128K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited December 1969

skamotion said:
    Are there tangent handles for manipulating the shape of the curve in the graph editor?

Cheers

SKA

No, but there should not be as graphMate currently only works with TCB, Linear, and Constant interpolation types. TCB automatically creates the tangents based on the TCB parameters(tension continuity and bias), so no tangent handles.

Studio actually does support one more interpolation type. That type is called Hermite. I intended to support this type in graphMate, but I got some really odd results. Now that I have researched it more, Hermite should allow tangent handles. If I can work out the some remaining oddities, expect to see this in a future release.

edited December 1969

This is done by Dreamlight and just hit the DAZ Store. It is free, but very well done. It does not show keyMate or graphMate, but the concepts it teaches about animation in DAZ Studio would be helpful to anyone using keyMate or graphMate.
    - http://www.daz3d.com/shop/great-art-now-bonus-animation-101

• Laticis ImageryLaticis Imagery Posts: 439
    edited December 1969

Yeee ha, thank the heavens key frames in DS........thank you.

A quick and messy test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qKNym4Wbv8

• KibbyKibby Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

I want to note that keyMate will not update properly when you change object's parent. I had to reopen saved scene for the objects to be properly positioned/listed.

Other than that, keyMate is a must have for the animators. You can easily discard zillion transform, scale, rotate, value for any object within seconds. It's something that DS doesn't have that ability.

I will post my work as soon as it's complete. It's a music video. I bought so many creatures, characters, props and lights to put together. Without keyMate, I will honestly give up after it gets messy with hundred keyframes.

• skamotionskamotion Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

I intended to support this type in graphMate, but I got some really odd results. Now that I have researched it more, Hermite should allow tangent handles. If I can work out the some remaining oddities, expect to see this in a future release.

That would be awesome if there were tangent handles. Also is there a way to load in multiple curves in the graph editor, also we need the capability to copy and paste animation from one part of a curve onto another curve. Is that doable?

Here's the same problem in Poser. This is how I animate using their graph editor and you can see it's not a great way to work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra8mD8Yf7Qk

Cheers

SKA

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

Yes please, i only join above requests for updating graphmate!
    tangent handles and a way to load in multiple curves in the graph editor + capability to copy and paste animation from one part of a curve onto another curve

Make animation options big in dazstudio.
    it can be Animators dream Toy
    :-P

Post edited by creativemodelsbe on
    edited December 1969

I want to note that keyMate will not update properly when you change object's parent. I had to reopen saved scene for the objects to be properly positioned/listed.

Other than that, keyMate is a must have for the animators. You can easily discard zillion transform, scale, rotate, value for any object within seconds. It's something that DS doesn't have that ability.

I will post my work as soon as it's complete. It's a music video. I bought so many creatures, characters, props and lights to put together. Without keyMate, I will honestly give up after it gets messy with hundred keyframes.

I can get the object thing fixed. A simpler workaround would probably be to change the KeyTypes(TRSV drop down) to something else and then back.

edited December 2012

skamotion said:
    Also is there a way to load in multiple curves in the graph editor, also we need the capability to copy and paste animation from one part of a curve onto another curve. Is that doable

Multiple curves like shown in the image? On windows you hold down control to multiple select. On mac, the Mac key. In keyMate or Parameters Tab.

With a simple curve the copy and paste should always work, you should be able to copy the keys in graphMate, then select a different curve, position the playhead, and then paste. When you select multiple curves and copy and then select a different set of multiple curves and paste, it tries to match them up automatically based on name.

a.jpg
    606 x 384 - 51K
    Post edited by ammon_fde0d92863 on
    edited December 1969

my request for future update,,,

1 select option

when I click parameter label , the graph of the parameters will appear in graph mate. and select the property in key mate.
    and with ctrl key, and r-click , we can select and show different node parameter graph at same time,,,

it must be useful when serch property in key mate, now it select when I hover controller on parameter tab, but it change so quick.

2 when select property in key mate, extract and highlight the controller in parameter tab,,
    (though it may need to change node in scene tab too,,,)

or I hope imput box which can set current value direct, etc beside key frame input box,,,
    and select the key, I want to check the value,, on graph mate or key mate ^^

if there is imput box and property box , we may need not to serch controller and check the value in parameter tab again^^;

• dtammdtamm Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

my request for future update,,,

1 select option

when I click parameter label , the graph of the parameters will appear in graph mate. and select the property in key mate.
    and with ctrl key, and r-click , we can select and show different node parameter graph at same time,,,

it must be useful when serch property in key mate, now it select when I hover controller on parameter tab, but it change so quick.

2 when select property in key mate, extract and highlight the controller in parameter tab,,
    (though it may need to change node in scene tab too,,,)

or I hope imput box which can set current value direct, etc beside key frame input box,,,
    and select the key, I want to check the value,, on graph mate or key mate ^^

if there is imput box and property box , we may need not to serch controller and check the value in parameter tab again^^;

I am unsure this is what you want, but you can turn off the interaction between the Parameters Tab and graphMate in graphMate's little option menu.
    edited December 1969

> Hi dtamm

Yes, I know these option. so I hope more one option, for select graph .^^

when selecit option "listen from parameter", it can not select morph "value" and "other node rotation" at same time, I think.
    and I hope when I select (Click or ctrl + click the clontroller, the graph of each properties show in parameter.

now when I hover mouse in parameter tab, can show graph of property in graph editor. and select the property in key mate. (TRSV)
    I often use this to serch and select the property in key mate. it seems convinient,
    but seems difficult to select some properties at same time, and keep the selection..

so I hope one more option, when I hove mouse in parameter tab, not change the graph, not select the property in key mate,
    but click the parameter label or bar, select the property in key mate ^^ (and shoe the graph in graph mate)
    and hope "clear all selection" too,,

• KibbyKibby Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

Is there a new version of keyMate that we should update? There need to be a system that notify us of new updates.