Is There a Particle system plugin for DAZ Studio?

RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I done a search and can't seem to find anything, closest thing I've found is the Fantasy and Sci-Fi Effects which are basically props with neat materials. work great for some things, but its still no particle system.

Comments

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 2012

Yes, the particle system is called 'export to Blender.'

j/k ofc... no, there is no particle system, nor a physics engine.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    Yes, the particle system is called 'export to Blender.'

j/k ofc... no, there is no particle system, nor a physics engine.

yah I was thinking I was going to have to resort to using Blender or Carrara generate particle effects..

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

There was a product called Particle FX for DAZ Studio; but I can't seem to find it in the store.

edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    There was a product called Particle FX for DAZ Studio; but I can't seem to find it in the store.

yeah that popped up on Google, but doesn't seem to exist.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 2012

I believe ParticleFX was similar to Jepe's Plates, i.e. the type of item you mentioned in first post. The closest thing I remember seeing to a particle system is Blowin in the Wind which is limited in what effects it produces. The fact there is this tool indicates that a plugin offering particle effects to some extent could be made for DS, but how extensive the functionality would be would take some research.

Edit: for ParticleFX, take a look here.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    I believe ParticleFX was similar to Jepe's Plates, i.e. the type of item you mentioned in first post. The closest thing I remember seeing to a particle system is Blowin in the Wind which is limited in what effects it produces. The fact there is this tool indicates that a plugin offering particle effects to some extent could be made for DS, but how extensive the functionality would be would take some research.

Edit: for ParticleFX, take a look here.

ok thanks for the info, well I guess I'll be using Carrarra's particle system to do what I need for now