miachel versions explenation needed - noob alert!

ndrzejandrzeja Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'd just like to clarify if the additional models for the Michael model - internal organs and skeleton will work with the Michael v5 ? The product listed as compatible is just the Michael V4. Not sure if that's an outdated info, or is it really not compatible.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2012

Michael 4 is an older product compared to Michael 5

Michael 4 is a standalone figure, Michael 5 is a variant of Genesis, and needs Genesis to work. Genesis is the default DAZ 3D figure which comes with Daz Studio 4+

Hope that helps a bit

The internal organs and skeleton were built to work with M4

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ndrzejandrzeja Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

That's the part I'm interested in. Does it mean it won't work with the V5 ?

Thanks for the quick reply.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

ndrzeja said:
    chohole said:

You could auto-fit them to genesis, but i wouldn't expect a perfect result. There's a recent thread on the same subject here : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13473/

• MachieltjeMachieltje Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

ndrzeja said:
    chohole said:

The easy answer: The M4 skeleton and M4 internal organs will NOT work with Michael 5.

The advanced answer: The DAZ figures come in generations; Michael 5 is a fifth generation character while Michael 4 is a fourth generation. Now while a lot of stuff designed for M4 will work on M5 through the auto fit (provided you have the V4 and M4 shapes for Genesis installed) I'm not sure this would work on the skeleton and internal organs. You might get some kind of result through careful resizing but it would take time and effort and might not look all that great...

edit: pff should type faster :P

Post edited by Machieltje on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I hate to say it but I Second that answer. In my use of Genesis and the 5 Versions only clothing sort of works and Textures work if set to the M4 or V4 UV map.

• ndrzejandrzeja Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the answers. I guess I should have thought through my V5 purchase ...