Look at my Hair: official thread [Commercial] RELEASED!

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Awwww so so cute!

the hair is a riot

• foleyprofoleypro Posts: 457
    edited December 1969

Even tho I didnt get to test this great plugin I will buy this Hair Plugin as well...

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

Thanks to however did this lovely preset. (Alessandro?)
    Victoria 5 loves her new afro ;)

Something really nice about this? You can make the hair interact with the pose, in this case, brush it out of the way of poking or make it slip between her fingers.

Rendered with the Scripted 3Delight Point-Based Occlusion.

Soto_LAMH_Afro_LOGO.jpg
    642 x 800 - 161K
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited December 2012

Hellboy said:
    Something really nice about this? You can make the hair interact with the pose, in this case, brush it out of the way of poking or make it slip between her fingers.

Wow. That's just amazing.

So, we've got two days for Daz has to vet, approve and put this up before they're gone until after Xmas. Anyone want to take bets on the likelihood of that at this time of year?

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:

So, we've got two days for Daz has to vet, approve and put this up before they're gone until after Xmas. Anyone want to take bets on the likelihood of that at this time of year?
    What a bunch of crap, I saved up for this as a personal Christmas present because I expected it to be in the shop by then. I was so looking forward to furring up some of my content over the holiday. Bet that won't happen now.

• ArtXtreme101ArtXtreme101 Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

Oh, I hope it comes out before Christmas!!!!!!! I so cannot wait!!! :D

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

What a bunch of crap, I saved up for this as a personal Christmas present because I expected it to be in the shop by then. I was so looking forward to furring up some of my content over the holiday. Bet that won't happen now.

It's not a sure thing yet, but if it is, it is what it is. I wouldn't want Allesandro to submit a product he didn't think was ready, and in software development one learns pretty quickly that there's no such thing as an absolute date... not even when you're working on HALO and can throw the resources of Microsoft behind you.

That said, I've been watching some vendors move their products over to Rendo lately, so they could start making money rather than wait for DAZ to okay a product, something I suspect is partly the result of the website itself continuing to need so many resources thrown at it, and partly the result of some major in-house products like the Genesis Horse, HIro 5 and the Genesis Young Teens consuming bandwidth. So, once we passed the first of December, I started resigning myself to the idea that as of Friday night, there probably won't even be anyone at DAZ until next Wednesday, and even then it'll be a skeleton staff.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

fingers crossed...I'm really looking forward to this!

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:

Wow, congratulations on this render. That hair color and lighting you gave to the whole scene is really awesome!

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Hellboy said:

Why not? I think (and hope) DAZ will be able to have it available before XMas. They are doing their best to release it: the fault is all mine, because I was late providing the product to them.

edited December 1969

As you all know I love modeling (and furring) animals rather than humans. So that's the main reason why I almost never post human renders done with LAMH. Here are a couple of presets I did recently.

nikita.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 536K
    promo8.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 488K
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

This Plugin cannot be released soon enough... :) I am so sick of how fake most transmapped hair ends up looking when rendered with LuxRender.

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

OH MY GOD!!!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!! WHY HAVE I NOT READ THIS THREAD BEFORE? :O WHERE'S THE END OF THE WAITING LIST? I'M BUSTING IN!!!

Although I will have this insane urge to make EVERYTHING hairy. Wow. This is an AWESOME looking product!!! I lament over needing hair and not wanting to fork out the money all the time!!

WOW! *hyperventilates* I'll stop now. So excited!

edited December 2012

Sooooo just to show you how versatile this is... you can use it to create toon and anime hair too! And i personally think it's quite lovely!

This is still my favorite example for human hair. Care to share some pointers on how you did this?

My main use for the tool will be animals and then stylized hair like this. This hair is a lot of fun.

I'm re-attaching the image that belovedalia shared so people don't have to go back 20 pages to find what I am talking about.

AnimeHair.jpg
    600 x 480 - 104K
    Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

Sooooo just to show you how versatile this is... you can use it to create toon and anime hair too! And i personally think it's quite lovely!

This is still my favorite example for human hair. Care to share some pointers on how you did this?

My main use for the tool will be animals and then stylized hair like this. This hair is a lot of fun.

I'm re-attaching the image that belovedalia shared so people don't have to go back 20 pages to find what I am talking about.

This kind of hair style is SUPER easy to make! I will try to find time to make a couple anime hair presets for anyone who gets this plugin.... LAMH is FANTASTIC and always changing and getting better. Alessandro's been working hard day and day out!

i can't stop playing with it.... working on a couple things to share ;)

edited December 2012

This kind of hair style is SUPER easy to make! I will try to find time to make a couple anime hair presets for anyone who gets this plugin.... LAMH is FANTASTIC and always changing and getting better. Alessandro's been working hard day and day out!

I've tried making hair like this in other hair tools and wasn't ever able to get it to happen. I could have been going about it wrong, but i think in part the tools weren't designed to accommodate non-realistic hair styles. So hearing it's super easy in LAMH is exciting.

edit, good to hear you will be sharing presets. looking forward to it.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:

Wow, congratulations on this render. That hair color and lighting you gave to the whole scene is really awesome!

Thank you! And Cybersox13 too.

Next I'll have a version of this lady using that crazy crispy preset you posted some pages back. I really liked that one. :)

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

I've tried making hair like this in other hair tools and wasn't ever able to get it to happen. I could have been going about it wrong, but i think in part the tools weren't designed to accommodate non-realistic hair styles. So hearing it's super easy in LAMH is exciting.

edit, good to hear you will be sharing presets. looking forward to it.

Alessandro took a lot of fantastic suggestions during beta testing and added some very useful tools that make this kind of hairstyle very easy! And there's more than one way to do this too. I'm in love...seriously! hehe....

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    This Plugin cannot be released soon enough... :) I am so sick of how fake most transmapped hair ends up looking when rendered with LuxRender.

Okay, this is really off-topic, but your mention of This Plugin made me think of this thread over at kvraudio: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=204964. After 195 pages over the years, the OP has never revisited the thread, or mentioned what plugin he was referring to. But we've had a lot of fun with it, all the same.

Back on topic, I'm on pins & needles waiting for this. My renders will finally have better hair than I do..er, used to have. ;-)

edited December 1969

It's good to hear that testers are quite happy with it, and thanks to their input and feedback I hope working with LAMH will be straightforward.
    I do feel, however, as in any "complex" application, that patience, practice and experimenting will be a key factor.
    The .pdf manual should answer most questions and during these days I'll be releasing some tutorial videos.

Besides that, for any question, issue or hints, you may contact me directly and I'll try to support the best way I can.

We have already made about 30 presets that you can use with most common figures, and much more will come soon.
    Obviously you can also design your own by scratch, if you like :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

Jaderail said:

It's not a sure thing yet, but if it is, it is what it is. I wouldn't want Allesandro to submit a product he didn't think was ready, and in software development one learns pretty quickly that there's no such thing as an absolute date... not even when you're working on HALO and can throw the resources of Microsoft behind you.

That said, I've been watching some vendors move their products over to Rendo lately, so they could start making money rather than wait for DAZ to okay a product, something I suspect is partly the result of the website itself continuing to need so many resources thrown at it, and partly the result of some major in-house products like the Genesis Horse, HIro 5 and the Genesis Young Teens consuming bandwidth. So, once we passed the first of December, I started resigning myself to the idea that as of Friday night, there probably won't even be anyone at DAZ until next Wednesday, and even then it'll be a skeleton staff. I never implied I wanted Allesandro to submit a Product he was not happy with. I was just going.. "NOOooo, It will not Pass Quality control before X-Mas when they go on Holiday!" and that was all I meant to imply. And then it was only a joke I thought. Not once did I expect it to be seen as anything other than a HA HA.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 2012

I definitely took it as a joke :)

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

Saiyaness said:
    OH MY GOD!!!!! THIS IS AMAZING!!! WHY HAVE I NOT READ THIS THREAD BEFORE? :O WHERE'S THE END OF THE WAITING LIST? I'M BUSTING IN!!!

Although I will have this insane urge to make EVERYTHING hairy. Wow. This is an AWESOME looking product!!! I lament over needing hair and not wanting to fork out the money all the time!!

Here are some more examples. ;-) http://pinterest.com/lookatmyhair/renders-and-images/

So glad to see it's almost here. I and everyone really appreciate all the time, effort and hard work you have put into this. Thank you! You're going to make a lot of people very happy when this comes out.

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas Alessandro, happy holidays!

Coldrake

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 2012

Just to show how much Alessandro kicks butt when it comes to code quality:

LAMH IS OUT.

I just want to say this: it was a blast to test this thing with Alessandro. He is seriously professional and fun and supportive fellow. When we were doing what we were supposed to do -- Stupid User Tricks, for example -- he had the patience of a saint to be there with us. :lol:

Seriously, this is worth your moneys. Go get it. Go get it today. :)

Post edited by Skiriki on
  • clayphdclayphd Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

YAY!!!

edited December 1969

Coldrake said:
    Saiyaness said:

Here are some more examples. ;-) http://pinterest.com/lookatmyhair/renders-and-images/

So glad to see it's almost here. I and everyone really appreciate all the time, effort and hard work you have put into this. Thank you! You're going to make a lot of people very happy when this comes out.

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas Alessandro, happy holidays!

Coldrake

Thank you and Merry XMas everybody as well. :)

edited December 1969

HOLY COW THATS A GREAT PRICE> IN CART.

• edited December 1969

Thank you, Alessandro. Merry Christmas to you. And a very Happy New Year for all of us.

edited December 2012

Yes guys, it's finally out, and what do you think about the price??? I want to hear comments about that.

I hope LAMH will work fine for everybody but in case of issues, questions, suggestions etc. remember that you can always contact me also at my email address info at alessandromastronardi.com and I'll try to provide the best support I can...

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • edited December 1969

Seeing as it's the last hair I'll ever buy, I think the price is great.

This discussion has been closed.