Captain Jack appreciation and render thread

Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Just thought there was a need for a Captain Jack thread. Anyone have renders of him that fit the TOS of the forum?

Also what stuff is out there to make a Captain Jack with M4 or Genesis?

Comments

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Alexios Hair might be a start : http://www.daz3d.com/shop/hair/short/alexios-hair

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Sorry I don't have any renders but I sure do appreciate Capt Jack Sparrow.

edited December 1969

Then Miss Bad Wolf will have to clarify, i was thinking Captain Jack Harkness...

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

. . . what stuff is out there to make a Captain Jack with M4 or Genesis?

I'd like a John Barrowman facemorph too! I'm only using Genesis, but for an M4 resource I'd finally break out GenX. Of course, then I'd need a Gareth David-Lloyd morph . . . ;-P At least we've now got a Genesis cute suit!
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

Then Miss Bad Wolf will have to clarify, i was thinking Captain Jack Harkness...

I was thinking Captain Jack Harkness too. I thought my username, my avatar and my signature gave enough clues to say that was the one I was talking about.

edited December 1969

Is your username a reference too ? I'm not into Dr. Who, but Torchwood is one of the best series i ever came across...

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Bad Wolf was a running plot line in the Doctor Who series, the episodes of which did indeed include Captain Jack Harkness.

edited December 1969

Is your username a reference too ? I'm not into Dr. Who, but Torchwood is one of the best series i ever came across...

Jack was in the arc called Bad Wolf. He was one of the characters that was in the final episode of that arc.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I'm with Szark here,

Jack Sparrow is much prettier imo.

edited December 1969

LOL Yep I had a feeling it was Jack from Torchwood but I didn't let that stop my sense of humour from popping out.
    edited December 1969

And ofcourse i fell for it
    ... but i blame it all on lack of sleep and caffeine ;-)

edited December 1969

That is what I blame my sense of humour and grumpiness on..... :)

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    That is what I blame my sense of humour and grumpiness on..... :)

My humour sometimes is called smart mouth. :(
    edited December 1969

Only because you are more cleverer than them that you humour goes striaght though an out the other side leaving them feeling inadaguate so they lash out. That is how I look it when people call me smart mouthed. ;)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Here's an old one, using CD's M3 morph -- I'll have to see if it converts well with GenX

dress_code2.jpg
    1095 x 648 - 112K
  • VilianVilian Posts: 281
    edited December 1969

Just thought there was a need for a Captain Jack thread. Anyone have renders of him that fit the TOS of the forum?

If I had a Captain Jack/John Barrowman morph for H3, that part would be certainly a huge problem with my renders :P
  • RonSRonS Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

I'd like to see Jack Harkness also - I think there already is a product that closely resembles Jack Sparrow - Yannis by StudioArtVartanian is pretty close. If anyone has any Torchwood renders I'd like to see that too.

• edited December 1969

i've been working on one for M3. (sorry, m4 and genesis users.)

uhm... not happy with it yet, but the last character i tried to do, it took me 9 iterations to get any good.

but the hair i am using... is one from daz, BUT, you have to mirror it and all its morphs.
    CQ Event Style: http://www.daz3d.com/cq-event-hairstyle

let's see if i can link to my version 1 so far...

haha, no... no linking from my brain... ::grumble::

oh, that looks like version 2a? that's better than i remember...

i need clothes! i have braces (suspenders) and a shirt from a cowboy set from here. but the pants are cut off to fit inside boots, so they don't work so hot. :/ and i haven't run across any wwii coat anywhere.

CJH-V2a.png
    552 x 530 - 291K
    edited December 1969

I think I have the pluggins to transfer M3 morphs to Genesis. I have the M3 shape, GenX, and the M3 GenX plugin.

• edited December 1969

wasting time surfing online...

the closest coat i could find is the fitzwilliam expansion for the regency expansion:
    http://www.daz3d.com/fitzwilliam-expansion
    http://www.daz3d.com/regency-for-m4-expansion

it needs some doctoring/morphing:
    fewer buttons
    buttons out to the side
    collar adjustments and movement (are the collars mesh, or are they just painted on those? i can't tell. if they are mesh, are they whole collars or just slightly indented bumps on the mesh?)

and some additions:
    epaulets
    pockets

those shouldn't be toooooo hard.

but i really wish we could get someone to make a real wwii coat with collar morphs. ::sigh::

• nightkinnightkin Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

a couple of years ago i had a set of Torchwood face morphs and Doctor Who face morphs - but i dont remember where i downloaded them, and the computer died. the Captain Jack, Janto, and 10th Doctor were spot on.

• Totally4RyoTotally4Ryo Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Coming late to the party and I bring not only Jack, but Ianto Jones (I love Ianto!). :-)

I've been doing renders of Jack and Ianto. Being that I also write fan fiction and choose to ignore (or fix) series 3, I've been doing renders of Jack and Ianto travelling the universe.It gives me more options for clothes.

I got Jack's face morph here: http://www.sharecg.com/v/56356/gallery/11/Poser/Captain-Jack . I mostly use Sickleyield's Coat About Town (Renderosity) for Jack, and Working Man: http://www.daz3d.com/working-man-for-m4 is what I mostly use for his clothes for future renders. In this, I used Coat About Town and VP's Dude's Duds: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=69537 .

Ianto is my morph. I haven't been able to figure out how to get it into a Poser format yet, but I guess I could make the DAZ file available, should anyone want it.

JackIanto-Torchwood-sm.png
    800 x 478 - 516K
  • nightkinnightkin Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

I used to have a Ianto jones morph for M3 (as well as Jack, Gwen, Tosh, and Owen), but it wasnt as good as yours. i cant remember where i found them, but the Jack was very good.

edited December 1969

nightkin said:
    I used to have a Ianto jones morph for M3 (as well as Jack, Gwen, Tosh, and Owen), but it wasnt as good as yours. i cant remember where i found them, but the Jack was very good.

Were they yours or did you find them? I asked and searched all over for an Ianto Jones morph with no luck, so I pushed myself to make this one. I would love to find Tosh and Owen. I have been working myself up to do a Tosh morph one of these days. I have one for Gwen. I would love to do renders of the team.

Here's one of my future renders of Jack and Ianto.

Janto-cockpit5-small.png
    800 x 477 - 486K
    edited December 1969

Vilian said:

If I had a Captain Jack/John Barrowman morph for H3, that part would be certainly a huge problem with my renders :P

I can't post the majority of the renders I did of Jack and Ianto here. Definitely don't fit the TOS, but then again, finding clothes for them wasn't the problem for those renders. :lol: My friends love getting my emails with the newest renders.