Mane for Daz Horse 2 now uploaded - Merry Christmas!

LadyfyreLadyfyre Posts: 58
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've just uploaded my conforming mane to my website as a Christmas present for all the Daz Studio community :)

It's not perfect, this was a learning curve for me in making content with Studio and Hex but if people get some use out of it I'm happy.

Merry Christmas 2012!

http://ladyfyre-graphics.com/shop/Download here

Comments

• LadyfyreLadyfyre Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

PS sorry for the short post, I'm trying to entertain my 4 month old granddaughter whilst she's trying to add her own post on here lol x

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 2012

Thank you very much as it should make a lot of horsies heads a bit warmer for the holidays!

Just to let you know the texture references in the figure need to be updated as they are referencing file paths and file names that aren't included. The texture maps are in a different folder with different file names.

Post edited by Lindsey on
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    Thank you very much as it should make a lot of horsies heads a bit warmer for the holidays!

Just to let you know the texture references in the figure need to be updated as they are referencing file paths and file names that aren't included. The texture maps are in a different folder with different file names.

You're welcome. That's a huge face palm lol, I'd saved the figure with the old texture references before I'd decided which textures and MATs to include. I'll go fix it now...:red:

edited December 1969

Lindsey said:

You're welcome. That's a huge face palm lol, I'd saved the figure with the old texture references before I'd decided which textures and MATs to include. I'll go fix it now...:red:

I just loaded a texture preset and updated the Mane figure so I'm good!

Thanks again, it's very generous of you to update the Mr. Horse with a new hair dooo!

edited December 2012

Lindsey said:
    Lindsey said:

I just loaded a texture preset and updated the Mane figure so I'm good!

Thanks again, it's very generous of you to update the Mr. Horse with a new hair dooo!

I'm glad you've found a way round it, I've got to go out in a minute to feed my own horses but I can't figure out what is going on with Studio?

I loaded up the figure in notepad++, changed all of the textures and paths, saved then opened up in Studio, checked the textures and it is still loading the old textures???

So I closed Studio, checked again in Notepad++ and everything looks ok, opened Studio again, this time dragging and dropping from a window that I had open to edit the file so no mistake in opening a wrong version and textures are still pointing to my old ones?

Does Studio cache textures or could I be doing something else wrong?

UPDATE: Well that's a pain, I'd saved the edited files pre zipping them up into a new Studio library folder to save confusion... I changed a letter on figure name and voilà! everything now works, so even though I was loading the new file from a new library, Studio was somehow referencing the one (with the same name) in the default folder!

I'm just updating the zip file on my server at the moment before I leave to feed and water for the night.

Post edited by Ladyfyre on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Can you post the path your changing? Are you double checking the paths to make sure ALL of the paths are changed? This new duf format is tricky in how it writes things.

PS... is this a mane only or is the forelock part of this? Love to see some nice fetlocks for the horse too and improved tail. Thanks so much for your nice gift! :-)

edited December 2012

Here is what I did to fix the problem myself if you've downloaded the original file with the incorrect texture references:

1. Load the Mane figure
    2. Apply a Mane texture preset in the Materials folder
    3. File>Save As>Support Asset>Figure/Prop Assets.. and overwrite the original mane figure.
    4. Go back to the original zip and overlay the original mane .png file to get back the original icon.

I must say after playing around with the new mane/forelock figure that you've addressed many of the user issues with the original mane figure. With the use of multiple mane figures and the many movement and shaping morphs, it's real easy to get the shaggy long manes (all the way up to the back of the ears!!) I've seen in the Horse2 threads... The shaping morphs are a nice touch too!

Bravo!

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Thank you and happy holidays !!

edited December 1969

Just thawing my fingers out here, it's cold and soggy out there tonight!

RAMWolff said:
    Can you post the path your changing? Are you double checking the paths to make sure ALL of the paths are changed? This new duf format is tricky in how it writes things.

PS... is this a mane only or is the forelock part of this? Love to see some nice fetlocks for the horse too and improved tail. Thanks so much for your nice gift! :-)

Thank you, glad you like it :) It's a mane and forelock combined, I'm thinking of making an extra forelock and fetlocks in the future as well as learning how do make ghost bones for it in Studio (I'm finding some things harder to grasp at first coming from Poser rigging)

I seem to have sorted it out now, for some reason Studio was reading my file but loading the settings for the old one in my default directory I fixed it just by changing a letter in the file name. I fixed the textures and paths by using search and replace in NotePad++, I really wish there were some apps for editing duf files available like DimensionX's Poser apps, I have most of them and they make life so much easier! I have his dsf tool kit but it doesn't do hardly any of the stuff his Poser apps do.

edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    Here is what I did to fix the problem myself if you've downloaded the original file with the incorrect texture references:

1. Load the Mane figure
    2. Apply a Mane texture preset in the Materials folder
    3. File>Save As>Support Asset>Figure/Prop Assets.. and overwrite the original mane figure.
    4. Go back to the original zip and overlay the original mane .png file to get back the original icon.

I must say after playing around with the new mane/forelock figure that you've addressed many of the user issues with the original mane figure. With the use of multiple mane figures and the many movement and shaping morphs, it's real easy to get the shaggy long manes (all the way up to the back of the ears!!) I've seen in the Horse2 threads... The shaping morphs are a nice touch too!

Bravo!

Thank you :) I have a penchant for hairy shaggy horses as I have 2 welshies and a thoroughbred that thinks she is a native, think I need to do some texture overlays with mud and bits of hay/brambles/whatever takes mum forever to groom out for realism lol.

I plan on adding more morphs and stuff as I make them, that is one thing that I have found so much easier with studio and sharing them is much easier than Poser :)

I've uploaded and new zip now with the fixed version in it if anybody should want it, all accounts should be set to unlimited downloads.

edited December 1969

Thank you and happy holidays !!

You're welcome, Happy New Year too :)

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for the Mane. Can't wait to go play.

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Thank you very much for the Mane. Can't wait to go play.

You're welcome :)

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    edited December 2012

Much appreciate the mane and would love to be able to use it, but am having some issues.

I have DS4.5 Pro, but the folder you've named 'Figures' isn't recognized when I am trying to find where to load the mane. So I changed the folder name to 'LFG Mane' and moved it here:
    ...\My Library\Animals\DAZ Horse 2\LFG Mane

Then once I tried to actually load the mane I got a callout for 'mane 003.dsf' which doesn't exist. The folder that's named '..\data\Angela D Taylor\Ladyfyre DHorse2\Mane MK6' has 2 folders named 'Morphs' and 'UV Sets', and the only .dsf files are the morphs listed under the 'Morphs' folder here, and the 'Default.dfs' which is in the UV Sets folder.

The material files are in:
    '\Presets\Materials\LFG DHorse2\Mane MK6'

They include 'Black' and 'Chestnut02' which are both .dsa files. The rest of the files are all .duf extension. I'm assuming the .dsa files will work as they do show up in the library, but they're the only 2 that aren't .duf.

So I guess I'm not sure what 'mane 003.dsf' is supposed to do, but the mane won't load without it.

In Notepad++ entries for 'mane 003' and also 'mane 004' in the 'LFG DH2 Mane MK6.duf as shown below.

..\My Library\Animals\DAZ Horse 2\LFG Mane\LFG DH2 Mane MK6.duf (23 hits)

Line 8137:"id" : "mane 003",
    Line 8138:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#mane 003",
    Line 8139:"name" : "mane 003",
    Line 8138:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#mane 003",
    Line 8144:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#mane 004",
    Line 8145:"name" : "mane 003"
    Line 8200:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#pelvis",
    Line 8203:"parent" : "#mane 003",
    Line 8231:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#abdomenH",
    Line 8266:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#chestH",
    Line 8301:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#Neck1",
    Line 8336:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#Neck2",
    Line 8371:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#Neck3",
    Line 8406:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#head",
    Line 8441:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#rEar",
    Line 8472:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#lEar",
    Line 8503:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#rShoulderH",
    Line 8534:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#rElbow",
    Line 8565:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#rForeLeg",
    Line 8596:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#lShoulderH",
    Line 8629:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#SkinBinding",
    Line 8634:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#DzMeshSmoothModifier",
    Line 8635:"parent" : "#mane 003"

..\My Library\Animals\DAZ Horse 2\LFG Mane\LFG DH2 Mane MK6.duf (20 hits)

Line 8144:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#mane 004",
    Line 8630:"parent" : "#mane 004"
    Line 8676:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 8913:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 9150:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 9387:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 9624:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 9861:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 10098:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 10335:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 10572:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 10809:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 11046:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 11283:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 11520:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 11757:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 11994:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 12231:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 12468:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 12705:"geometry" : "#mane 004",

Image attached to show the message and the results I got.

Looking forward to using this on my new horse!! :)

LFG_Mane_DS4.5P_loading_issue_.jpg
    625 x 800 - 85K
    Post edited by sapat on
    edited December 1969

sapat said:
    Much appreciate the mane and would love to be able to use it, but am having some issues.

I have DS4.5 Pro, but the folder you've named 'Figures' isn't recognized when I am trying to find where to load the mane. So I changed the folder name to 'LFG Mane' and moved it here:
    ...\My Library\Animals\DAZ Horse 2\LFG Mane

Then once I tried to actually load the mane I got a callout for 'mane 003.dsf' which doesn't exist. The folder that's named '..\data\Angela D Taylor\Ladyfyre DHorse2\Mane MK6' has 2 folders named 'Morphs' and 'UV Sets', and the only .dsf files are the morphs listed under the 'Morphs' folder here, and the 'Default.dfs' which is in the UV Sets folder.

The material files are in:
    '\Presets\Materials\LFG DHorse2\Mane MK6'

They include 'Black' and 'Chestnut02' which are both .dsa files. The rest of the files are all .duf extension. I'm assuming the .dsa files will work as they do show up in the library, but they're the only 2 that aren't .duf.

So I guess I'm not sure what 'mane 003.dsf' is supposed to do, but the mane won't load without it.

In Notepad++ entries for 'mane 003' and also 'mane 004' in the 'LFG DH2 Mane MK6.duf as shown below.

..\My Library\Animals\DAZ Horse 2\LFG Mane\LFG DH2 Mane MK6.duf (23 hits)

Line 8137:"id" : "mane 003",
    Line 8139:"name" : "mane 003",
    Line 8145:"name" : "mane 003"
    Line 8200:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#pelvis",
    Line 8203:"parent" : "#mane 003",
    Line 8231:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#abdomenH",
    Line 8266:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#chestH",
    Line 8301:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#Neck1",
    Line 8336:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#Neck2",
    Line 8371:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#Neck3",
    Line 8406:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#head",
    Line 8441:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#rEar",
    Line 8472:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#lEar",
    Line 8503:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#rShoulderH",
    Line 8534:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#rElbow",
    Line 8565:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#rForeLeg",
    Line 8596:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#lShoulderH",
    Line 8629:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#SkinBinding",
    Line 8634:"url" : "/data/Angela D Taylor/Ladyfyre DHorse2/Mane MK6/mane 003.dsf#DzMeshSmoothModifier",
    Line 8635:"parent" : "#mane 003"

..\My Library\Animals\DAZ Horse 2\LFG Mane\LFG DH2 Mane MK6.duf (20 hits)

Line 8630:"parent" : "#mane 004"
    Line 8676:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 8913:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 9150:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 9387:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 9624:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 9861:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 10098:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 10335:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 10572:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 10809:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 11046:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 11283:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 11520:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 11757:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 11994:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 12231:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 12468:"geometry" : "#mane 004",
    Line 12705:"geometry" : "#mane 004",

Image attached to show the message and the results I got.

Looking forward to using this on my new horse!! :)

I really shouldn't do stuff like this when there's so much going on at home :red:
    Looks like when I replaced the other file that I accidently deleted the mane 003 which is the geometry for the figure. I'm really puzzled as to why it is referencing mane 004?? I have several versions of this figure that I have saved in various stages but why did Studio decide to reference two different geometries (actually the same with different names) on saving? I'm really not sure what is going on here, until just recently I was A DS3 and Poser user and did all my rigging etc in Poser and the various tools I've bought over the years.

I have updated the LFG-DH2-Mane-002.zip with the mane 003 geometry if you wish to redownload it.

With the material files I was unsure at the beginning of just what the difference is between .duf and .dsf MATs, they both work on my DS 4.5 installation. I started off with the dsf format and then changed to duf when I realised that that was the newer version, but included both as they both work on my machine so didn't see a problem.

• edited December 1969

I love what you have done with the mane for DAZ Horse 2! I couldn't resist! I put it in my cart yesterday & was notified by email that my order was complete & I could download it. But I have logged in & tried several times to do so & I keep getting the following message-
    Unable to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.

I really hope that you can help me out! Your mane is so wonderful!

Merry Christmas to you!

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Aw, let us know when you put the fixed version in. :)

edited December 1969

@Shawn sorry for the delay I was out most of yesterday until very late and after I tracked down the problem I was too exhausted to post.

My website's control panel recreated a deleted folder (/shop) because I had forgotten to remove an old subdomian for it and that messed up the website structure, ie instead of being able to go to the shop page, www.ladyfyre-graphics.com/shop it was redirecting you to an empty folder This should now be all sorted out, I had no idea that my webhost had things in place to recreate deleted subdomain folders!

@Skiriki the download was fixed a couple of days ago :)

Before I went out yesterday I started leaning how to make a Poser (via DSON) compatible version. I have the mane itself all up and running but didn't have time to suss out how to port the MATs so have just made Poser .MC6 MATs for it which I will be uploading as soon as I have the time :)

• jaunke_29fff27795jaunke_29fff27795 Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for these. :-)

Grtz Jean-Claude

edited December 1969

jeanke said:
    Thank you very much for these. :-)

Grtz Jean-Claude

You're welcome :)
    edited December 2012

Well, I finally got to render a couple images using your new mane after the 'mane 003.dsf' was added to the zip, and I am so happy with it! I still had to move the mane out of the folder named figures and put it in a different folder for DS to see it, but after that, no problems at all.
    I have added 2 manes on each image to make them look thicker, and it still renders quickly!! I love your colors, and so I tried using them on the tail as well cuz the default colors are so limited. They're both on the InfinityCove3 (RDNA). The snow image is just some regular lights, and the darker image is the Uber lighting.
    Can't thank you enough for taking the time to make this and then share it with us. It's a real winner, and has so many nice morphs!!
    Please click on images to see larger size!!!

SuzeTx-mil_horse2_LFGmane02.jpg
    844 x 908 - 188K
    SuzeTx-mil_horse2_LFGmane01.jpg
    844 x 908 - 181K
    Post edited by sapat on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much. The mane looks lovely. :-)

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much for this and happy holidays!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Really nice images, sapat!

Thanks so much for the freebie mane, Ladyfyre. Took me a while to get it. I have an account there (got your other stuff a bit back) but I guess things have changed and after trying several ways from Sunday I finally realized I had to get a new account and put all the info in again.

Really looking forward to using this wonder mane!!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Looks like my account is gone ... I hope you don't mind me reregistering ...
    THANK YOU!

edited December 1969

Spit said:
    Really nice images, sapat!

Thanks Spit, I really am happy with this new mane, and it renders so quickly, even with Uber light!! Yay!!!! :-)
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I just want to clarify something. This mane is just on the right side, right? Or am I overlooking something?

edited December 1969

Spit said:
    I just want to clarify something. This mane is just on the right side, right? Or am I overlooking something?

Yes, it loads on the right side only.

• Blaine91555Blaine91555 Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

This looks great but I'm stuck in "processing" purgatory it seems. I registered and went through the process, but no way to download the item and it shows processing even though it is shown as being free?

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Thanks for this - hoping that whatever problems people had are fixed - I ordered and am waiting for a link :)