Star Trek Builders Unite 2 "Renderings on the Edge of Forever"

Comments

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    My objective is to get as many of these mini stories out as possible before I transfer to my new job. If certified and fully qualified, one of new jobs will possibly be of me as the ship's safety officer for the dismantle and deconstruction of the USS Enterprise when it comes to the shipyard here in Bremerton. Time will tell.

Now just which Enterprise would that be? Not like there is just one of them anymore? If it is the JJ Enterprise, I want one of the lens flare projectors! But if it happens to be a certain Big E that floats, you just might end up one of the most hated people on the thread! How could you chop that beautiful lady into little bitty pieces?

• MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    MotoTsume said:
    Picard and his ship

Looks real good,

But if I may make one suggestion, add a cotton based bump map to the uniform, or if there is one, increase the % or +/- on the settings.

any idea where a bumb map for like that can be found ?

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    PDSmith said:
    MotoTsume said:
    Picard and his ship

Looks real good,

But if I may make one suggestion, add a cotton based bump map to the uniform, or if there is one, increase the % or +/- on the settings.

I believe I may have included a cotton file in my outfits over at sharecg, but unable to look since I'm at work. http://www.sharecg.com/pf/Padosm

I had no clue about settings at the time I made these uniforms so It's a hit and miss. When I'm off work, I'll post a link to 'stash' on DA for the file I've been useing. it has a pretty good pattern to it.

This link might also help. http://test.scripts.psu.edu/users/j/a/jah5420/Misc/SolidWorks/SolidWorks/data/Images/textures2/fabric/cloth/
    cotton white bump might be the best one to use.

-Paul

edited December 2012

PDSmith said:
    MotoTsume said:
    PDSmith said:
    MotoTsume said:
    Picard and his ship

Looks real good,

I believe I may have included a cotton file in my outfits over at sharecg, but unable to look since I'm at work. http://www.sharecg.com/pf/Padosm

I had no clue about settings at the time I made these uniforms so It's a hit and miss. When I'm off work, I'll post a link to 'stash' on DA for the file I've been useing. it has a pretty good pattern to it.

This link might also help. http://test.scripts.psu.edu/users/j/a/jah5420/Misc/SolidWorks/SolidWorks/data/Images/textures2/fabric/cloth/
    cotton white bump might be the best one to use.

-Paul

thanks, downloaded those, don't see a bump map in any of the directories though.(talking your 3 files, not that last link :) )

Post edited by MotoTsume on
  • mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    MotoTsume said:
    Picard and his ship

Looks real good,

~~~~~~

All,

On an unrelated matter, I'm looking for feed back or what to make better in the coming graphic novels for the Mirror Universe. Lighting, pose, poke through I may have missed, small details that are easily over looked.

If you noted at the back of the novel there is a time line. As of right now there are 7 more Mini-graphic novels planned. Mini being 12-20 pages long in the same format of 1 to 2 images per page. Scripts and story format are already laid out. I'm looking for graphic image look....and yes Madison, most of us know you don't like the diorama look, but that going to stay.

So everyone, be brutal. Unlike many in the art community I have thick skin. With out critisim I'm not going to know what I need to do to push the envelope to make things better or more enjoyable. You can post your opinion here or if you don't want people to know what you said out of the fact someone might flame spray you, send me a PM or a note over at DA.

Thanks gang.

My objective is to get as many of these mini stories out as possible before I transfer to my new job. If certified and fully qualified, one of new jobs will possibly be of me as the ship's safety officer for the dismantle and deconstruction of the USS Enterprise when it comes to the shipyard here in Bremerton. Time will tell.

To each his own... :-)

edited December 1969

Cotton Bump

Here is the link to my stash file on DA.

Settings vary from image to image since lighting can have a serious effect of the look and quality.

http://sta.sh/0fd6yvwsxto

-Paul

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:

part of me envies you, and part of my heart breaks for you.

I built as many CVN-65 models as NCC-1701 models as a boy... loved both versions... Fifty One years old, and she sails into history... wow...

edited December 2012

I have a zip file entitled "STWK Bridge", I have tried 4 times to open it and every time Winzip tells me " Error: too many entries in cxentral directory to end of central directory info."

Anyone have any ideas how to get this stupid file to open?

Post edited by mdbruffy on
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    Cotton Bump

Settings vary from image to image since lighting can have a serious effect of the look and quality.

-Paul

thanks, much appreciated :)

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,047
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    I have a zip file entitled "STWK Bridge", I have tried 4 times to open it and every time Winzip tells me " Error: too many entries in cxentral directory to end of central directory info."

Have you tried a different program like WinRAR or something like that?

David

edited December 2012

mdbruffy said:

David

I don't have winrar. Usually winzip does right the first time. I 've never had it do this before.

Explain this one: I moved the zip to another computer that had winzip on it and that copy of the program opened the zip without any problem.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    Cotton Bump

-Paul

Snagged! Thanks :-)

I have a question. In that brig room, the actual brig part ... those rectangular dodads on the wall, are they supposed to be drawers or something?
    The grills, what look rather like vent grills, but there's too many for just 'air' ... ???
    And those hexagon things ... gee they're all over the ship! I imagined a sale on plastic thing-a-m-gigs at the local dept store ... okay the ones in the cargo bay would be for containers, but the ones on the wall???

Grills, pillow, mattress, thing-a-m-gigs ... done.

oh btw - I noticed that Picard refers to the brig as the detection centre. I'm not asking ...

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

David

I don't have winrar. Usually winzip does right the first time. I 've never had it do this before.

Explain this one: I moved the zip to another computer that had winzip on it and that copy of the program opened the zip without any problem.

Think I managed to get that one opened once with 7zip but since the upgrade nothing would open it so I pitched it.
    Maybe one day somebody would repackage it and rezip it.

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

Here's a little thing I had a go at. I took one of Madman's JJ ships and wanted to see if I could un-jj it. Here's the results.
    Pretty much made a cargo ship into something else completely, now. I was always a sucker, for small, compact vessels. :D

JJ_Redo1b.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 148K
    JJ_Redo1.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 183K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Here's a little thing I had a go at. I took one of Madman's JJ ships and wanted to see if I could un-jj it. Here's the results.
    Pretty much made a cargo ship into something else completely, now. I was always a sucker, for small, compact vessels. :D

THat looks good. Did you kit bash from the converted ship or the original Blender version?

edited December 1969

I took the JJ freighter, Ptolmey or whatever, and then I simply switched off the opacity of the ugly/silly bits (no offense to Madman, I'm just offending JJ himself) and made the blue glow red. I then put one of Starkiller's dishes on the front. All done on Daz3.

I really think someone outta make a TMP/TNG/JJ parts kit, akin to Starkiller's TOS kits, so on can play around with those areas of vessels and make their own dream ship, as it were.

I might use the one I posted for my comics, once I have everything I need. The comics might not start until next year, though.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

Winzip sucks!

Sorry, not a Winzip fan. Much prefer Winrar myself.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    mdbruffy said:

Winzip sucks!

Sorry, not a Winzip fan. Much prefer Winrar myself.

I've used them both at various times. It just happens that right now, I don't have a copy of Winrar.

edited December 2012

Testing out a TNG-Mirror Universe Agonizer booth room.

I used the TOS Agonizer booth, the Voyager computer console, and one of the Vanishing Point conference room chairs.

and the wall mount is from a converted hallway set.

And had to include a picture of Empress Beverly Howard.

agonizer_booth.jpg
    1000 x 643 - 306K
    Post edited by PDSmith on
    edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:

I really think someone outta make a TMP/TNG/JJ parts kit, akin to Starkiller's TOS kits, so on can play around with those areas of vessels and make their own dream ship, as it were.

That is what I have been doing with David Metlesits' ships. I have been disassembling all if his ships and I have a large selection of parts. Multiple primary hulls, secondary saucers, engines, for both Federation and Klingon ships.

GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!!!!!! :3

• edited December 1969

The Larson class is one of my favorite designs because I had some great times as Captain of the USS Audie Murphy in a FASA ST:TRPG game way back in the 80's. Is the poserized model available somewhere?

edited December 2012

Starwulf said:
    The Larson class is one of my favorite designs because I had some great times as Captain of the USS Audie Murphy in a FASA ST:TRPG game way back in the 80's. Is the poserized model available somewhere?

If you have Starkiller's famous kit, you can use the addons that I and Bluto created to make the Larson class. They can be found at Xcal:

http://xcalpro.com/tng/download.php?view.123

add-ons_for_larson_and_longbow_classes-promo.jpg
    900 x 900 - 195K
    edited December 1969

The Enterprise-E update is now updated to Trekmeshes. Its the same as the one on F3D that was updated back on the 13th.

Also, Erik over at Trekmeshes has confirmed that the next conversion will be available before Christmas...

Enterprise-00.jpg
    900 x 900 - 355K
    edited December 1969

oh cant wait for that :), will the shuttlebay work also ?

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

Doors open and close. No elevator. I removed the mini Galileo that was included cause I am working on the full scale version.

• edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Starwulf said:

If you have Starkiller's famous kit, you can use the addons that I and Bluto created to make the Larson class. They can be found at Xcal:

http://xcalpro.com/tng/download.php?view.123

I do indeed have Starkiller's kit. Thanks for the link. Now I just need to add some RAM to my new machine and I can attempt some renders :D

• NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    MotoTsume said:

Doors open and close. No elevator. I removed the mini Galileo that was included cause I am working on the full scale version.

Matt, that would be so cool if you could do one full scale.

Your friend
    Oracle

edited December 2012

Enterprise E added to the freebie list under the link http://www.trekmeshes.ch

Post edited by PDSmith on
This discussion has been closed.