graphMate - Commercial - Released

ammon_fde0d92863ammon_fde0d92863 Posts: 119
edited December 2012 in The Commons

Take control of time and space. See what is happening to your animation curve at a glance. Edit your curve in realtime. graphMate is as graph editor that is simple to use and powerful in results.
- http://www.daz3d.com/shop/graphmate

See it in action! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exjHJXAB8nA

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: serial number issue is resolved

----------------------------------------------------------------------

graphMate operates on DAZ Studio keys. It is a companion to keyMate, but keyMate is not required to use graphMate. Much of what is written about keyMate is applicable to graphMate.
- http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/15390/start
- http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13137/

Post edited by ammon_fde0d92863 on

Comments

• edited December 1969

HI ALL: I just purchased Graphmate this evening. All seemed to be going well - it installed automatically without problems but I can not find my serial number to register it. Any ideas? Its not on the list on my account and no other documentation came with download.

Thanks

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi...

Same thing here...no Serial Number... :-S but I already put in a Support Ticket for it, so I'll wait... ;-)

otherwise...

Thank you sooooo much Go Figure.... I kind of had a feeling something was coming from your little remarks when people were asking about a graph editor... ;-P

nicci... :)

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

one more request,,^^; not think me noizy user pleaes ^^;
    I had been waiting these tools, from April,, so I am exciting,,

about graphmate, and animate 2, I hope to imput value directly,,, in your tools.
    eg if I tweak one key, y transltation, I can grab it and move it and change curve now,
    but hope input value directly too. of course I know I can change value parameter tab,,
    but it need to serch parameter,, and sometimes tweak wrong parameter.

so I hope when select each node, If I can input value about selected key.
    on frame 15, select r-hand keys and input value in box,, ^^;

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Just came in at 5:30am Central time- The email states you get 50% off Go Figure products when you add the new graphMate at the same time. I just got KeyMate and haven't even used that yet. Just thought I'd mention it in case you didn't get the email. It's titled "Animating in Daz Studio Just Got Better."

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/graphmate

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I think best to point to the main thread about this Novica http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13542/

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Merging with the release thread

• ammon_fde0d92863ammon_fde0d92863 Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

Ouch! No serial numbers is a let down. The DAZ people should be in their office in about an hour. I am sure it will be resolved soon.

edited December 1969

The serial number issue is half way resolved. Any new purchases will get their serial numbers. Those that have already purchased graphMate and did not get a serial number will soon get one.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Go_Figure said:
    The serial number issue is half way resolved. Any new purchases will get their serial numbers. Those that have already purchased graphMate and did not get a serial number will soon get one.

*goes to haunt licence key section of account ...* :)

edited December 2012

I have been told everyone who purchased before should now have their serial number.

edited December 1969

Go_Figure said:
    I have been told everyone who purchased before should now have their serial number.

Ahhh good, I can stop haunting now - I can confirm the key is in my serial numbers list now - thanks to all who got tha arranged!

• edited December 2012

Thanks for the quick responses. I am so looking forward to using my new GoFigure products. I just wanted to let you know I bought the Graphmate because I wanted to try it but mostly so I could take advantage of the 50% sale to get Animate 2. Not sure if folks realized the discount applied to this also. So if you have been waiting to buy Animate 2 now is the time!

Thanks Go Figure

April

Post edited by alteriormotions_03cbc5c5f7 on
    edited December 1969

I wish I had waited to get both ... perhaps I'll lob in a ticket for a partial refund ... :)

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    I wish I had waited to get both ... perhaps I'll lob in a ticket for a partial refund ... :)

The fine print of the discount excludes new releases to be included in the 50% off. Sorry. I know, I know. It was that or I had to wait 30 days to release graphMate.

Still 30% off is not bad. Also, I have tried to price these things reasonably.

edited December 1969

I thought that was the case - got a little cpnfused with April's post! :)

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I was watching the videos... I'll eventually be investing in these! They look amazing.

• Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

Can TCB tweaks made in graphMate be imported into AniMate2 or are they completely lost?

If they are lost, I assume we can always export/import BVH but then we have 1 key per frame.

Thanks!

edited December 2012

Swawa said:
    Can TCB tweaks made in graphMate be imported into AniMate2 or are they completely lost?

If they are lost, I assume we can always export/import BVH but then we have 1 key per frame.

Thanks!

aniMate uses a different spline system so the tweaks are lost. What we could do is allow an option in aniMate2 to add more keyframes in the aniBlock so that shape is the same as what you tweaked.

The BVH idea should work.

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi...

Thank you Go Figure for resolving the Serial Number snafu...

and a big Thank You again for your work on improving animation in Studio...

nicci... :)

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 2012

The graphmate product page states "graphmate can be used with Daz Studio or as a stand alone.

quote GraphMate is a graph editor. Use it as a companion to keyMate for the ultimate in traditional keyFrame animation in DAZ Studio, or use it as a standalone product. unquote

Does this mean you can start up Graphmate without Daz studio running and

If so what files can it open and save .?

product page http://www.daz3d.com/shop/graphmate

Post edited by 0oseven on
    edited December 1969

0oseven said:
    The graphmate product page states "graphmate can be used with Daz Studio or as a stand alone.

quote GraphMate is a graph editor. Use it as a companion to keyMate for the ultimate in traditional keyFrame animation in DAZ Studio, or use it as a standalone product. unquote

Does this mean you can start up Graphmate without Daz studio running and

If so what files can it open and save .?

product page http://www.daz3d.com/shop/graphmate

Sorry, I should change that. It was meant to mean
    - Use it as a companion to keyMate for the ultimate in traditional keyFrame animation or use it without without keyMate. Purchasing keyMate is not required.

• edited December 1969

WONDERFUL! I'll get it now!

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

Thanks GoFifigure !

I thought stand alone would be to good to be true :lol:
    As a Carrara user I do my best to avoid DazStudio but the grapheditor looks very intresting and easier maybe than carrara's built in one.

• Artman009Artman009 Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Does anyone else find that the graphMate plugin randomly freezes their machine when changing the interpolation type of keyframes?

It's happened to me several times last night after purchasing the plugin. My computer becomes completely frozen and I am forced to do a CTRL+ALT+DELETE to bring up the Windows 7 Task Manager and only then does my machine become unfrozen.

I found that this happens on both the 23bit and 64bit versions of the plugin when running DAZ Studio version 4.5.1.6.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

My machine's specs:
    - Windows 7 Pro
    - Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
    - 12GB DDR3 RAM
    - GeForce GTS 450 w/ 1023MB

edited December 1969

Artman009 said:
    Does anyone else find that the graphMate plugin randomly freezes their machine when changing the interpolation type of keyframes?

It's happened to me several times last night after purchasing the plugin. My computer becomes completely frozen and I am forced to do a CTRL+ALT+DELETE to bring up the Windows 7 Task Manager and only then does my machine become unfrozen.

I found that this happens on both the 23bit and 64bit versions of the plugin when running DAZ Studio version 4.5.1.6.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

My machine's specs:
    - Windows 7 Pro
    - Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz
    - 12GB DDR3 RAM
    - GeForce GTS 450 w/ 1023MB

I will certainly investigate this.

• Artman009Artman009 Posts: 33
    edited December 2012

Well, it seems a reboot may have solved this (whatever it was) as I now cannot seem to recreate the problem. I'll continue to experiment with the plugin.

Special thanks goes to Go_Figure for his fast response and assistance! Much appreciated.

Post edited by Artman009 on
  • guy_2a97dd80cbguy_2a97dd80cb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Same thing happened to me, and a reboot fixed it.
    I was getting a crash whenever I tried to drag select some keys in GraphMate. Whole computer would freeze. A control alt delete and select task manager would snap it out of it. I didn't actually have to end the task, and I can continue to use Daz until I try to drag select again.

I'm on Win 7
    Daz 4.6.0.18 64bit

Oh, and can I suggest a feature?
    A button to fit all curves to the GraphMate window. Would be lovely if you could alt-drag the mouse to move the window around like in Maya too, but the fit all curves button would be enough ;)

Anyway, love your tools. I'm a Maya character animator and Graphmate/KeyMate make Daz a surprisingly good package to animate with.

Guy

• Ashtray82Ashtray82 Posts: 14
    edited May 2014

Go_Figure said:

I will certainly investigate this.

I'm am STILL getting this problem, well over a year since you posted, I guess this has never been fixed? I've not seen an update or anything. It's freezing and unusable, all the time. I'd like a refund for this if it's not going to be fixed. I don't really see why I should have to reboot my pc / task-manager every single time I want to use this.

Post edited by Ashtray82 on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That is Odd, I have been using GraphMate error free from day one. Are you 100% sure that something else on your PC is not hanging it. I have used GraphMate, KeyMate and AniMate extensively for the last few months. My DAZ Studio is the Fully up to date DS4.6.2.120 and they all work fine, and so far I have had no problems with them Installed to the New Beta either.

• Ashtray82Ashtray82 Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

That is strange, I think the only time it's been 100% error free for me was when I first got it the week it came out but after a few months the unresponsiveness crept it and it's been there ever since, I've even installed on a completley new and fresh hd and had the same problems. I had keymate too and I know that was buggy at one point but it was fixed in a new patch not long after.

It must be some kind of graphical-bug I'm guessing because it only seems to happen whenever I go to do an action, I can see everything fine I just can't tweak anything. I do use some dual monitor software and in the past thats caused some problems with other programs. I might disable that and give it a whirl, if that fails I'll try and see if its maybe a driver issue with my card and try some other versions out.